pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: new beta release

Postby nonolk » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:25 pm

taconaut wrote:New beta release for developers. v06b1 adds a plugin system, where other importers then tmdb can be added. Check the wiki page for more information, and the examples for some inspiration :)

I've only tested the import functionalities with the two included plugins, some more testing would probably be good.
You'll find an additional logger fileimport.log containing only entries about scanning; it can be handy to debug file import plugins.
Tags will be added to conditions soon, but for now, they are only visible in the library view when showing the tags column.

:!: Hope to see some nice import plugins :!: :D

[Edit] it's recommended to make a backup of the profile dir as the db gets changed and isn't backwards compatible

Hello Taconaut,

It is possible for you to make one build over the last Subjunk build or at least, using one of the last beta, I really like your version but it's really to buggy in your last release, du to thé mencoder build mainly.

Thank you in advance.
--
Nonolk.
nonolk

Re: pms-mlx <- media library extension (01.10.11 v0.5 [beta]

Postby taconaut » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:00 am

As I don't test the main build extensively (I'm using my build) I don't want to update to a version in development, but will stay on top of the latest official release. I trust in the other devs to release a version when it's ready.
I've also got some issues with the current version. Hope they will vanish when updating to 1.50
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Release 0.6

Postby taconaut » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:57 am

Version 0.6 is now available on sourceforge. For me it's a pretty important release as now the first module - the condition framework - is 100% finished, it's the first one :)
Beside the usual goodies coming from the update to pms 1.50, two new main additions coming from my side are included: introduction of tags and a plugin system to import file information.
Two import plugins are included by default, one importing data from IMDB (using http://www.imdbapi.com/ which can sometimes be pretty slow) and the one that was previously available, TMDb. The TMDb plugin also lets import some tags (Actor, Studio, Author and Producer) which then can be used to create conditions. The new type of auto folder called Tags lets create e.g. one folder for each actor where at least x videos (configurable) are in your library.
Tags can also be shown in file names by adding a parameter '%tag_<tag_name>; e.g. %tag_Actor will show all actors for a video separated by commas.
For now only a few plugins are included, but I count on your help to create more. Some I'd love to see would be AlloCine, import metadata from mkvs, tv series aso.

Changelog:
Code: Select all
- Added plugin system to import additional file information (currently tmdb and imdb are included)
- Created new condition type where tags can be used (e.g. Actor being jeff bridges)
- New auto folder type 'Tag'
- Improved layout of auto folders
- Added threashold to auto folder creation having the behavior 'only create the folder if it will contain at least x files'
- use tags in file name mask
- resolved NPE bug on DOVideoFileInfo comparison
- removed is and is not condition for dates
- made tags and all other one-to-many conditions work for filters
- minor GUI improvements and bug fixes
- Updated source to base code 1.50
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Re: pms-mlx (03.12.11 v0.6)

Postby nonolk » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:34 am

Hello Taconaut,

Is it possible for you to just add this patch to your build : http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7930
Indeed this is the last thing which prevent me to use your build instead of the one of Subjunk, and as I really prefer your's.

I know you want to stay close to the official build, but this patch is really usefull for people like me who own a PS3 and a Sony Bravia where I need to set some custom mencoder options in order to have a proper display.

Best regards,
--
Arnaud.
nonolk

Postby taconaut » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Thanks for the request. Just checked with ExSport how to proceed (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7930#p61931). I'd say chances are good that the patch will end up in the official build and then in pms-mlx.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby nonolk » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Hello again Taconaut,

Thank you very much for your fast answer. I m really waiting for this.

Regards,
--
Nonolk.
nonolk

Postby killa339 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:31 am

Hey taconaut, just wanted to say that your latest version is working well for me. The new imdb import plugin seems to work great. Thanks for the time you put into this!

There are a few items it got wrong though and I'd love to be able to edit them. I don't mind digging into the db file to do this, but what db format is this? It doesn't seem to be sqlite. How would I go about editing it? Notepad doesn't seem to do the trick here...

Also, sorting by the columns in the Library view still has problems (doesn't sort by the column I select, etc).

EDIT: Found a way to edit the db file with DbVisualizer. Not the most fun way to edit these fields, but it gets the job done.

EDIT2: Is there a way when I create a folder of videos by genre (using the tags from imdb) that I can limit it to use only say the first 2 genre tags? There are some files that imdb lists ~5 genre tags for and there are times where I don't want the file to be categorized under all of them.
killa339

Postby taconaut » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:43 am

Happy to here it's working well for you. I'm happy with this version as well, relating to playback I think it's the best and most stable version yet; this isn't my code, but the base pms code.

There was a discussion a while back in this thread, how to edit data in the DB itself (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9775&start=30#p45029). Seeing that you've managed to connect yourself with the Db you've probably stumbled upon it!?

You're two remarks go hand in hand. I haven't continued with the editing of file properties because of the sorting bug in the grid. I want to have the grid behave properly (all is good except sorting) before continuing development of the editing window. As this is the last missing feature to have everything working for videos, I'll try tackling this next.

EDIT2: Is there a way when I create a folder of videos by genre (using the tags from imdb) that I can limit it to use only say the first 2 genre tags? There are some files that imdb lists ~5 genre tags for and there are times where I don't want the file to be categorized under all of them.

Currently there is no way to do this. The plugins can have custom configurations, where parameters like this could be added. Currently there is no way to do this though. At some point they will show up with the other plugins, where a dialogue can be opened, but hasn't been done this way for code maintenance reasons yet.
Does IMDB return the list of genres ordered by priority? It wouldn't make sense to take the first x entries otherwise.

[edit] Not many people must be using the folder view for a file (a.k.a. transcode folder in the original build). I've missed a change in there which brakes displaying the items in this folder. Will be fixed for the next release.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby killa339 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:22 pm

taconaut wrote:There was a discussion a while back in this thread, how to edit data in the DB itself (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9775&start=30#p45029). Seeing that you've managed to connect yourself with the Db you've probably stumbled upon it!?

Yup, should have done better searching before I asked. :)

taconaut wrote:You're two remarks go hand in hand. I haven't continued with the editing of file properties because of the sorting bug in the grid. I want to have the grid behave properly (all is good except sorting) before continuing development of the editing window. As this is the last missing feature to have everything working for videos, I'll try tackling this next.

Cool, best of luck!

taconaut wrote:

Currently there is no way to do this. The plugins can have custom configurations, where parameters like this could be added. Currently there is no way to do this though. At some point they will show up with the other plugins, where a dialogue can be opened, but hasn't been done this way for code maintenance reasons yet.
Does IMDB return the list of genres ordered by priority? It wouldn't make sense to take the first x entries otherwise.

Ah, I think it only returns them alphabetically. Bummer. Being able to easily add/remove them would probably be all that's needed.

Thanks again for everything!
killa339

Postby CyberMew » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, this seems good like a good plugin, finally something that lets us manage our videos easier.

Bug? You have to close and reopen the app in order to see the updated files in library.

TMDB? How do I use this such that my viewing experience is much better?

File scanner and managed folders? Tree and library? What are their differences?

What is the meaning of Actif, and how can I exclude files from my viewing folders if they are?

Apologise for the questions, but there isno FAQ and the wiki is quite lacking..
CyberMew

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds