pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx <- media library extension (10.03.11 v0.3 [beta]

Postby remezen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 pm

By the way, taconaut, I found a bug:
In "Library" view:
    when you press "File" column header to sort by it, the table is sorted by "Width"...
    when you press "Name" column header to sort by it, the table is sorted by "Duration"...
ans so on...
remezen

Postby taconaut » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Cheers, had noticed this one too. Actually that's what I was talking about calling the JTable a pita :)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby remezen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Maube not a bug, but a request:
The original media library (and FileSystem plugin) take VideoFileName.jpg and folder.jpg as thumbnails. Why doesn't pms-mlx?
remezen

Postby taconaut » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:25 pm

That's configurable (and should be documented...). If you open the folder properties, you've got the thumbnail section at the bottom. If you choose 'Picture' you can define a path to the picture you want to show. It can also use the same variables as the 'Mask' to be dynamic.
If you want it to behave the same way as the original, define the thumbnail as '%folder_path%file_name.jpg' and '%folder_pathfolder.jpg'

[edit]You can define as many thumbnails as you want. The first path found that exists will be used.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby remezen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Great!
But what about filename_WITHOUT_EXTENSION.jpg?
I have e.g.
Code: Select all
Iron Man (2009).mkv
Iron Man (2009).jpg

Can we use regex there?
remezen

Postby taconaut » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:39 pm

You can only append stuff. If you've got a fix structure something like '%name (%year).jpg' could work
taconaut
Project Member

Postby jlane628 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:03 pm

I have a question regarding pms-mlx. I'm sure I missed something, but when I tried installing this version and scanned my folders for files, everything gets added to the database with a current date and zero views. Makes sense, but is there a way currently to change these values so that it doesn't take a week, if that's what I have my recent videos set up as, for all the old files to no longer show up in recent videos or to have it based of the file origination date rather than when it's added to the database? Thanks for any help.
jlane628

Postby meskibob » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:06 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby taconaut » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:16 pm

With the above question and chocolateboy's description as alpha in the FAQ (noticed this link today, thanks!), I'll seize the opportunity to describe the state of this mod.
First off, its absolutely right to call it an alpha! I didn't want to put this in the title not to scare off potential users ;) It is alpha as in 'not complete' rather than 'not tested'. Currently there are only three bugs left that I'm aware of (beside the library one you'll have to dig pretty deep to find them :p); the rest goes into the improvements or changes category. This doesn't mean there aren't any others, but they should be quite rare, as absolutly nothing changes regarding to file streaming and most additional mlx features are pretty easy to test through the gui.
It will probably take another year or so to get it out of alpha stage. The big missing pieces are: editing in the library view and proper handling of audio and picture files. Once this is all done many improvements may be added (plugin system for other sources than tmdb, exif tag reading for images and so on).
taconaut
Project Member

Postby jamiecreek » Sun May 01, 2011 12:21 pm

What's the difference between this and using virtual folders, besides the GUI?

It seems to me that this is a GUI that allows you to organise your media into a virtual tree for browsing through DLNA, while virtual folders allows you to build a virtual tree through mapping folders as children of nodes etc in a json string.

With VFolders, I can for example, conceptually combine multiple folders of similar content into one folder on the PS3 DLNA browser. E.G.:
C:\Movies
D:\HD Movies
E:\New Movies (Unsorted)

Could become:
{"name":"All Movies","files":
["C:\\Movies", "D:\\HD Movies", "E:\\New Movies"]
}

So the PS3 would just show "All Movies" and list the files in those 3 folders combined as one. Is this something that can be done using the mlx?

Is this duplicating the functionality but adding a GUI or is this reusing the VirtualFolders stuff and adding a GUI? Or have I completely misunderstood the point of this extension?

Thanks!
jamiecreek

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds