pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Postby chach » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:22 pm

hi Taconaut i have three questions :)

1. When i remove a file at the Library i cannot see a log entry in the INFO Level he Displays only that i removed one File but not the Name.
but when i look in the DEBUG.log this is on DEBUG Level i can see the name of the file. Can i change the PMS-MLX Log in the Gui to Debug Level ?

2. I cannot sort with "sortiername" because i dont have this activated in the TVdb plugin. Have i to recreat the Library again to use this for series ?

3. I have a Sony Bravia HX855 and PS3 as renderer. The Bravia shows the thumbnail (covers) only with filesize >= 65KB but the PS3 it does not matter.
can i set up the plugin or render file for the Bravia that he download or transfers covers with this size for the Bravia ?

Cheers
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:53 am

Hi Jan,

chach wrote:1. When i remove a file at the Library i cannot see a log entry in the INFO Level he Displays only that i removed one File but not the Name.
but when i look in the DEBUG.log this is on DEBUG Level i can see the name of the file. Can i change the PMS-MLX Log in the Gui to Debug Level ?
That's weird, I'll check if it is the same for me.
Yes, you can change it to DEBUG level. For this check the location of the used logging configuration; the line contains 'Logging config file:' and change the level from INFO to DEBUG for the traces appender.

chach wrote:2. I cannot sort with "sortiername" because i dont have this activated in the TVdb plugin. Have i to recreat the Library again to use this for series ?
You can re-import those values without changing the others. Please do:
- Go to the Media Library Tab -> Library
- Set a filter to show the files you want to update
- Show the context menu by right-clicking and navigate to Update -> Configure
- In the dialog, add a new configuration by clicking the + in the upper right
- Set a name and configure it how you want. In your case, select the TheTVDB plugin and check the sort name. click ok
- Select all files (CTRL+A)
- Show the context menu by right-clicking and navigate to Update and select the configuration you've created
voila :)

chach wrote:3. I have a Sony Bravia HX855 and PS3 as renderer. The Bravia shows the thumbnail (covers) only with filesize >= 65KB but the PS3 it does not matter.
can i set up the plugin or render file for the Bravia that he download or transfers covers with this size for the Bravia ?
This functionality doesn't exist. The downscaling could be done by the plugin when importing. The better option would probably be to downscale them on the fly according to the renderer they are being sent to; this would require code changes in pms and I'll probably not do it in the near future.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:25 am

chach wrote:1. When i remove a file at the Library i cannot see a log entry in the INFO Level he Displays only that i removed one File but not the Name.

When removing files by cleaning the library, the messages were indeed logged at DEBUG level. I've now changed them to INFO. (click)

As some nice improvements have been added lately I'll probably make a release pretty soon. Unfortunately I haven't found a fix for the OSX installer yet.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:05 pm

:))) this rocks

is it a problem when you dont use a OSX Installer ? Only a .app that you manually copy to the Applications folder.
but is not a problem i copy it manually.

Cheers,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:51 pm

chach wrote:is it a problem when you dont use a OSX Installer ?
As I don't maintain other things then media library functions in this build, as long as nothing changes on the pms side, you can simply replace pms.jar with the one from the jenkins server :)
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:54 pm

ok thanks i test it
chach

Postby chach » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:03 am

is the new build on the jenkins server so i can test it ? on the is only an 1.1.1 Version is this the new one ?

other question: when i look a Video (Series) on my Renderer he increment the already plays number but he doesnt shows this on the rederer until i have restarted PMS.
Is there a possibility that i refresh the List without to restart PMS ?

Cheers,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:33 pm

chach wrote:is the new build on the jenkins server so i can test it ? on the is only an 1.1.1 Version is this the new one ?
Yep, that's the one.

chach wrote:other question: when i look a Video (Series) on my Renderer he increment the already plays number but he doesnt shows this on the rederer until i have restarted PMS.
Is there a possibility that i refresh the List without to restart PMS?
There was a bug I've just fixed but couldn't test. Please tell me if the play count is now being updated correctly on the renderer. All files in a folder, from the first one having changed should get reloaded; but previously, the play count wasn't part of the comparison.

Cheers :)
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:55 pm

ok thanks, on the weekend i test it :)

Cheers
chach

Postby chach » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:38 pm

i test it with the old build again because i think he is increment it on the Renderer correctly but this is slow and the runtime of the Video is not correct, he plays the Series not until the end.

Regards,
Jan
chach

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds