pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Postby taconaut » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:13 am

Hi Tony,
With pms-mlx the concept is a bit different than with pms; the web folder is not automatically added, you have to add it yourself where you want it to be. For this navigate to the Media Library Tab and select the Tree view (which represents the files and folders how they'll be displayed on the renderer). There you can right-click on any folder and choose add Web folder from the context menu. A dialogue will open asking for the web.config file path to use. The advantage of having a web.conf for each folder lets you add multiple web folders with different configurations.
Hope it clarifies the functionality :)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby tonyv138 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanks!. That worked great. Now I need to figure out why none of the transcoding for files in WEB.CONF, and the transcoding for SPOTIFY work... Same issue as I have with the 1.90.1. I thought it would go away.
tonyv138

Postby taconaut » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:05 am

No surprise there, it uses exactly the same code :) I've never used web stuff so I'm unable to help you out there, sorry.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby tonyv138 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:13 pm

No worries, thanks. you got me moving in the right direction. I think it was working out of the box, i just needed to set transcoding and it worked on PS3 and Sony BDP520. I played SPOTIFY on both.
Appreciate your help!
tonyv138

Postby killa339 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Hey taconaut,

I first wanted to say that I finally got around to using the latest version of pms-mlx (your latest snapshot to be exact) and things are working perfectly. I really do appreciate the time you put into this! I've been using your build for years now and could't live without it.

I was curious about something though and it's probably more specific to the core of PMS, but I'll ask anyway. Is it possible for the XML playlists in WEB.conf to get reloaded? Or more generally, any of the config files? Right now, I have to restart PMS to make it reload WEB.conf. Is it possible for the configs to be reloaded without a restart? And if it isn't currently so, could such a feature be added? :D

Thanks!
killa339

Postby taconaut » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi killa339,

Thanks for the heads up, it's always nice to see the effort was worth it :) As this version has been working fine for me as well for quite some time, I left it as it is for quite a long time.

It would be possible to implement the reloading for web folders. Currently, the implementation is exactly the same as in pms. This would have to be changed to be a bit smarter.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi taconaut where i can find the latest version ? :)
chach

Postby killa339 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:56 pm

taconaut wrote:It would be possible to implement the reloading for web folders. Currently, the implementation is exactly the same as in pms. This would have to be changed to be a bit smarter.

Cool, well count my vote for this! :D I haven't gone down the path of trying to build my own version of PMS, and honestly don't have time to, but we'll see.

In the mean time, I added to my script (which handles various updates to WEB.conf and the feeds it points to) a call to taskkill (to kill pms.exe) and then start (to restart pms). This works, but I have to do a force kill to actually make it truly kill the application. This is because hitting X in the top right of PMS just minimizes the app rather than actually closing it and that's essentially the default behavior of taskkill in Windows. Sooo, my question is what kind of cleanup/shutdown procedures are you guys doing when you press the red Quit button from the UI? I'd be missing out on this by forcing the app to close via taskkill.
killa339

Postby taconaut » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am

I've uploaded a new version here.

Changes:
pms-mlx 1.1 - 2014-09-23

Language Updates:
- Improved German translation (thanks, chach!)

GUI:
- Added status bar to library view showing the number of files being displayed with the play length and the size on disk

Misc:
- Add log message on debug level when removing a video from the library while cleaning the library.
- Fixed usage of %audio_languages and %subtitle_languages if a language or subtitle has no full name set

I'll update the direct links on sourceforge, once I've been able to test the different versions or if you can tell me everything is working fine.

@killa339
For now you've got no way to properly shut down pms and when killing the process the BYEBYE message isn't being sent and the renderer doesn't know pms has been closed. At least for the PS3 this means, pms wont be detected properly when being restarted.
I might have some time to do a web.conf reload when the file changes as this should be pretty easy to fix :)
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:08 pm

thanks taconaut, i test the new version and reply when i have found a bug :)

i love to see that you have Add a Log message for removing files in the library :)

:) LG
Jan
chach

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds