Latest Windows/Linux beta build discussion

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PS3MS latest build discussion

Postby NatD » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:48 pm

All sorted now - what a great bit of kit!!!!!!!
NatD

Postby teake » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:42 pm

NatD wrote:All sorted now - what a great bit of kit!!!!!!!

What sorted this? As I have a similar problem with youtube etc. The playlists etc are shown, but VLC player doesn't play them.
teake

Postby VoXPCS » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:14 am

"Sorted?" "Great bit of kit!?" What the hell language is this?

How about "It works!" "This program rocks!" Those work too?
VoXPCS

Postby Gareth » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 am

VoXPCS wrote:"Sorted?" "Great bit of kit!?" What the hell language is this?

How about "It works!" "This program rocks!" Those work too?

Does it matter what language it is, isn't the meaning perfectly clear?
Why on earth would anyone come into a discussion and add something as unhelpful, pointless and negative as your comments were. Wherever you came from please go back.....
Gareth

Postby bdconnell » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:01 am

Not sure this is the right forum but here goes ... couple of questions on planned iTunes support.

Running 369 beta on WinXP.

The iTunes support seems to work great as long as the configured location within iTunes of the "iTunes Media Folder Location" (this is located under Edit:Preferences:Advanced tab) remains the iTunes default location of C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\My Music\iTunes. I actually maintain my iTunes Media Folder Location to be on a networked NAS device which is mounted on several home PCs as the "Z" drive, with iTunes Media Folder Location configured (in each PC) to be Z:\My Music\iTunes. With this configuration I am maintaining a single iTunes library on the NAS (and more specifically a single copy of the "iTunes Library.xml" and corresponding binary "iTunes Library.itl" files) that may be used by any PC running iTunes in my home.

I could not find a way to configure an alternate location of the iTunes Media Folder Location into PS3MS. Is this possible - or even planned functionality?

Once I created a local copy of a standalone iTunes library on the same PC as my PS3MS, to get PS3MS to support iTunes all I configured within PS3MS was:
- enable "Show iTunes Libarary"
- enable "Enable the media library/cache"
- did not enable "Hide media library folder" (i.e. left that box unchecked).

With the above PS3MS config, when navigating on the PS3 slim, under music/PS3MS I see menu items named "#- Media Library -#" and "iTunes Library". It is the "#- Media Library -#" menu item that I have to navigate into to see all the typical iTunes sorting options such as By Artist, By Album, By Artist/Album, etc - and these all work for playing music. If I want playlists however I have to navigate up and over into the "iTunes Library" menu item where iTunes playlists are available. Under "iTunes Library" there is also a Music menu item that simply lists all 2000 or so music tracks alphabetically (I think it was alphabetically - there were so many tracks in the listing I didn't spend much time there).

If I go back to PS3MS and enable "Hide Media Library Folder" then sure enough, the "#- Media Library -#" disappears from my PS3 menu - but that means I lose all the standard iTunes navigation functionality (which seems to me as undesirable for all but the smallest of audio collections).

Anyways I assume the above behaviour is design intent (and more likely what was available with existing available libraries)? It is only a very very minor WBN - but ideally for me the standard iTunes music sorting as well as playlists would both appear under the same menu level (either "#- Media Library -#" or "iTunes Library"). But hey - thats really really minor. The ITunes support is a great feature and much appreciated (and as always simple to config).
bdconnell

Postby PiranhaZ06 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:19 pm

I agree it would be great to be ableto designate an altrnate location for the itunes Library. Otherwise I have to convert playlists to m3u from xml after exporting from itunes. Would be much nicer to use native itunes.
PiranhaZ06

Postby sm3sp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 pm

When using the latest beta (372) under Windows 7 and I enable the new "Show iTunes library" option, the PS3 cannot be contacted. The log does not get past [main] TRACE 12:14:02.033 Registering transcoding engine Raws Thumbnailer.
If I disable the option everything works fine. What is the problem ?
EDIT: Actually it just takes a very long time load the iTunes library (mine is pretty big) on EVERY startup. Is it necessary for the iTunes library to be loaded every time ?
sm3sp

Postby Umbra » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Not an important question but why ohh why did you change the Status page in PMS after version 1.10.5 ??
The new one might great if you have a PS3 but i dont... I have an XBox360 and the 1.10.5 page is alot better since the box appears when PMS finds it
but in later versions you have those big ass error images in the middle of the Status page.. Rely annoying..
Umbra

Postby strictlyfocused » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:32 am

Umbra wrote:Not an important question but why ohh why did you change the Status page in PMS after version 1.10.5 ??
The new one might great if you have a PS3 but i dont... I have an XBox360 and the 1.10.5 page is alot better since the box appears when PMS finds it
but in later versions you have those big ass error images in the middle of the Status page.. Rely annoying..

This
strictlyfocused

Postby Umbra » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:05 am

umm This what ? Missed some text ay ?
Umbra

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds