Latest Windows/Linux beta build discussion

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PS3MS latest build discussion

Postby dreamfalcon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:03 am

Flak wrote:Audio drift issue is back (using v369) for me with movies. Audio is fine until about halfway through, it starts to loose sync and gets worse as the movie goes on. Pausing works for a min, maybe two but then drift starts again.

same problem here
dreamfalcon

Postby teake » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:30 pm

thanks for the tip, gave it a try. but.... no, doesn't work. Show still stops after 48 seconds. Restarted server, searched for the same file, and hey.... it starts where it stopped....

But it still stops... anyone with a solution?
teake

Postby teake » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Some more detailed info:

Mencoder proces starts correctly, at about 30-40% CPU load. filling the transcoder buffer. But after about one minute Mencoder switches to 25% CPU load, which isn't enough to keep the buffer level, so the buffer gets less and less, till it stops. How to prevent Mencoder from lowering down to 25% CPU load?
And how can PS3MS remember where the playback of the DVD was, even after restarting the Http server?

I also move Mencoder from place 1 to place 2, made no difference,
Now I moved TS muxer to the top, but even that doesn't make a difference.
It's still the Mencoder.exe which is started, an lowers to 25% as mentioned above.
teake

Postby mazey » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:23 pm

audio drift when transcoding with 369, only bug i have found...
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

Postby stelek » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:45 pm

puntloos wrote:
shagrath wrote:r369 out: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3217&start=0

Looked at the changelog.. no mention of the 'directory indexing speed'. Would you be willing to comment on this? Why is it slow(ish?).. is there anything you could do about this, or do we have to live with it? It's not _that_ bad, but faster would be, well, better.

I'm having a very similar problem. I had it with the previous version and today I installed the latest (369), recreated the database and the problem is still there. Whenever I enter the directory it takes a lot of time to show the filenames (up to 1 minute). Then the thumbnails start showing slowly... During this time the java process takes all my CPU. It really seems like the database is not being used at all. I'm on Ubuntu by the way...
stelek

Postby SubJunk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:27 am

stelek wrote:
puntloos wrote:
shagrath wrote:r369 out: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3217&start=0

Looked at the changelog.. no mention of the 'directory indexing speed'. Would you be willing to comment on this? Why is it slow(ish?).. is there anything you could do about this, or do we have to live with it? It's not _that_ bad, but faster would be, well, better.

I'm having a very similar problem. I had it with the previous version and today I installed the latest (369), recreated the database and the problem is still there. Whenever I enter the directory it takes a lot of time to show the filenames (up to 1 minute). Then the thumbnails start showing slowly... During this time the java process takes all my CPU. It really seems like the database is not being used at all. I'm on Ubuntu by the way...

Same thing with me on Windows 7 with r369. Disabling the media cache makes it load much faster than with it enabled.
SubJunk

Postby MaxP779 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I have the audio drift issue with the latest BETA build, and the official 10.5 one from march when transcoding. In the BETA build it takes longer to happen but it still happens.
MaxP779

Postby stelek » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:34 pm

SubJunk wrote:
stelek wrote:
puntloos wrote:Looked at the changelog.. no mention of the 'directory indexing speed'. Would you be willing to comment on this? Why is it slow(ish?).. is there anything you could do about this, or do we have to live with it? It's not _that_ bad, but faster would be, well, better.

Same thing with me on Windows 7 with r369. Disabling the media cache makes it load much faster than with it enabled.

Yep, I agree. Just checked it and it IS faster when cache is disabled. It still terribly slow considering that I have all the thumbnails generated as JPG files (loading takes around 2 seconds per thumbnail) but with the cache enables there is also a huge delay before anything (the first filename) shows up. Is there a way to enable some more logs to see what's taking so much time?
stelek

Postby mazey » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 am

simple streaming [no transcoding] in transcoding folder doesnt show when a file is .asf extension... .asf can be streamed without transcoding so it should be der. weird
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

r369 no thumbnails?

Postby tim27 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:21 pm

jopemoro wrote:Latest version shows the green arrow for all video files in PS3, anyone else seeing this?

Same problem with me - any advise please?
tim27

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds