Latest Windows/Linux beta build discussion

Download and discuss official beta builds here

r369 no thumbnails?

Postby jopemoro » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:37 pm

Latest version shows the green arrow for all video files in PS3, anyone else seeing this?
jopemoro

Re: r369 no thumbnails?

Postby SubJunk » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:42 pm

jopemoro wrote:Latest version shows the green arrow for all video files in PS3, anyone else seeing this?

Nope, works fine for me
SubJunk

Re: PS3MS latest build discussion

Postby Flak » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:16 am

Audio drift issue is back (using v369) for me with movies. Audio is fine until about halfway through, it starts to loose sync and gets worse as the movie goes on. Pausing works for a min, maybe two but then drift starts again.
Flak

Postby michael » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:54 am

Build 369 breaks dvd iso support for me. Reverting back to 366 and all is better. I tried resetting the media library, no luck.
michael

Postby meskibob » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:34 pm

michael wrote:Build 369 breaks dvd iso support for me. Reverting back to 366 and all is better. I tried resetting the media library, no luck.

Known issue: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4413
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: r369 no thumbnails?

Postby jopemoro » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:55 pm

SubJunk wrote:
jopemoro wrote:Latest version shows the green arrow for all video files in PS3, anyone else seeing this?

Nope, works fine for me

Tx! My problem then. Will have to retry and see what I'm doing wrong...
jopemoro

Postby mastoul » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 am

There some issue with flac files with last version. No transcode
mastoul

Postby kmruss » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:58 pm

Firstly, I want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Absolutely awesome media server SPECIFICALLY for PS3. I had given up on media servers and HD streaming after using Tversity and others (Windows Media, Playon, etc.). Yours brings a breath of fresh air - and WORKS - PERIOD. I tried first streaming The Grinch using two of those other players (Winmedia, Playon) with no luck (Corrupted data, etc). Bought Playon and works 'okay' for Netflix (not needed though since new free PS3 Netflix Disc) - but Playon sucks right now for local media streaming. Yours worked first time - no modifications needed (granted it was SD video but STILL - THRILLED).

And now I can see that HD streaming is actually possibly as it should be. Who wants to have to transfer files to USB Sticks, external HDs, etc after download, transcode, etc? It is 2009 almost 2010 - about time we were able to stream things the way we should be able to.

Okay - so soapbox mode off - but again, thank you.

Am testing version 369 - and I also want to say that I LOVE the new CHAPTERS support - since the 'GOTO' function is always hit or miss. It MAY work (PS3 Goto function) - but most of the time it freezes and sits there - and sometimes it will work but takes a long delay. Chapters seems to be working okay so far - love it! Once it went to the wrong point but I'll have to troubleshoot more to find out if that is an on-going issue. Most of the time it seems to be working. Any way to enable more verbose debug log to troubleshoot?

Also, had the same issue as everyone else that I didn't have before 369: DVD ISO support showed 0 titles until I dragged an AVI (or any) video file onto Mplayer.exe in the Win32 folder and let it play and create the font cache. Might suggest to either make this part of the install process - or make it an option at least during the install since it does take an extra 2-3 mins to complete (at least on my P4-3ghz). Working fine after creating that cachce.

And minor but would love to get this working: the DVD ISO thumbnails doesn't seem to work for me. Tried with just 'DVD ISO thumbnails' checked and then also 'Use Mplayer for Video Thumbnails' - and adjust the time from 1 second to 5 and 7. Still black pictures. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

One last thanks - LOVING this so far. Has me wanting to stream more and more now. Want to say I LOVE that this server is built out of necessity by someone WITH a PS3 who actually USES the server. Was starting to wonder - am I the only one who would like better quality video - even HD streaming on the PS3 which should be fully capable - WITHOUT stuttering? KUDOS. I will do my best to improve this project and contribute! Thanks!

P.S. My best results (mainly because my 'streaming server is semi-weak/old - P4-3.0ghz w/512mb ram): change Maximum Buffer to 256. I finally figured out this buffer 'directly' related to the amount of MB in ram it used which is set on a default of 400 - which was too much for my oldie but goodie. I'm thinking a simply comment beside this setting such as 'set to maybe half your available ram' or maybe even an auto setting to do this? I had stuttering after playing for around 10-15 seconds until I figured out and 'fixed' this. Also changed audio to '2 channels stereo' (since it goes to our big-screen with only stereo) and also '192' for the bitrate on audio which is perfectly fine for 2-channel audio. Changed the quality to 'GOOD Quality' - 3,2,3 ... just to ensure no stuttering since I'm using Wireless - but getting a CONSTANT 17-18mb/s signal since it's 54G and I'm less than 100' from my router. Lastly I changed the 'Mencoder' settings to 'Multicore' support - even though I only have P4-3.0ghz - it can use the 'two' cores (Hyper-threaded) and it uses around 60-75% constant CPU instead of 30-40% - and gives the server much more 'power' to transcode better video and no stuttering. I'd just suggest some more 'profiles' or 'suggestions' to set these for those 'less technically inclined' out there that would change a good majority of these settings for users (i.e. lower power computer/P4 and on wireless has the above profile settings).

Kevin
kmruss

Postby teake » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:00 am

Hi,

I'm currently running v 1.20.368 for a couple of days now, but the Mencoder stops after a couple of minutes. Images freezes, sound stops, and after a about a minute the screen goes away, to message "server cannot be reached". (or similar due to translation).

This version 1.20.368 IS able to use the timeline, for FF and Rewind functions in movies, so I quite like that feature, but is it possible to have that, AND a continuous play for more then 10 minutes? ;)
teake

Postby SubJunk » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:39 am

I had a similar problem until I unticked "Enable the media library / cache", restarted, then enabled it again.
SubJunk

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds