Latest Windows/Linux beta build discussion

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: Latest Windows/Linux beta build discussion

Postby SubJunk » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:50 pm

AFAIK the community build has all the features of the community build minus the features mentioned here:
* Double check for Mplayer existence and font generation (useful for latest Sherpya's revisions)
* Ability to shutdown DLNAorgPN automatic support for a given renderer (see DLNAOrgPN attribute in the renderer conf file)
* Some hack stuff for mpeg2 remux on Bravia TVs
* RAW generation fixed
* Custom mencoder quality settings for a given renderer

So I guess which version you use depends on which features you want more.
SubJunk

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:17 pm

SubJunk wrote:the community build has all the features of the community build

A typo, I think. :-)

SVN revision 411 of PMS contains none of the patches that have been applied in the community beta, just those (independent) changes listed above. However, shagrath has marked a few of the outstanding patches that have been included in the community beta as "started".
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby SubJunk » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:20 pm

chocolateboy wrote:
SubJunk wrote:AFAIK the community build has all the features of the community build

A typo, I think. :-)

SVN revision 411 of PMS contains none of the patches that have been applied in the community beta, just those (independent) changes listed above. However, shagrath has marked a few of the outstanding patches that have been included in the community beta as "started".

Yeah, it was a typo. I meant "the community build has all the features of the official build except..." ;)
SubJunk

Postby SubJunk » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:46 am

I compiled the new build (412) for myself and thought I might as well upload it in case anyone else wants it, here
SubJunk

Postby DPT » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:49 am

Eneybody knows why i cant set the buffer size bigger than 300. Then it makes a lithel jump in the start of a movie.

Regards DPT
DPT

Postby jazz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks alot SubJunk for making these builds available to people like me who can't do the complie piece!

Its great to get these while waiting around for the stable release to come through..
jazz

Postby SubJunk » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:18 am

jazz wrote:Thanks alot SubJunk for making these builds available to people like me who can't do the complie piece!

Its great to get these while waiting around for the stable release to come through..
Awesome, happy to help :)
SubJunk

Postby meskibob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:20 pm

SubJunk wrote:I compiled the new build (412) for myself and thought I might as well upload it in case anyone else wants it, here

Official packaged downloads of 412 are already available on the Google Code page (for Linux and Windows) - http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby SubJunk » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:50 pm

meskibob wrote:
SubJunk wrote:I compiled the new build (412) for myself and thought I might as well upload it in case anyone else wants it, here

Official packaged downloads of 412 are already available on the Google Code page (for Linux and Windows) - http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list
Cool :) It wasn't there when I posted
SubJunk

Postby lightglitch » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:30 am

The community build have been updated with the latest official changes.
lightglitch a.k.a Mário Franco
lightglitch
Project Member

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds