PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby ExSport » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Code: Select all
eng,on;fre,on;jpn,on;ger,on;und,on

You are wrong. There is nothing like this ;)
I already posted it many times that "on" doesn't work. It doesn't exist.
There is only language tags (2 or 3 chars), "und" and "off". Nothing more ;)
ExSport

Postby jpagie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:57 pm

:D

@JubSunk as requested:

is this ok? Playback results:

1. [DVD ISO] direct from folder: video: yes subtitle: no -----> 2. but when on ps3 select folder Transcoding -> MEncoder AC3 with Embedded/Dutch i have subtitle (not with all of them). I like to have Dutch subtitles set as default for every movie. Never had to select the Transcoding folder before... -> besides; the playback seems to skip frames (it's like a slowmotion movie)
<--> same as for [DVD ISO][VIDEO_TS]

1. MKV: direct from folder: video: yes subtitle: no (also use AVC instead of MPEG?) -----> 2. but when on ps3 select folder Transcoding -> MEncoder AC3 with Embedded/Dutch i have subtitle (not with all of them) and video is using MPEG now (which I prefer). I like to have Dutch subtitles set as default. Never had to select the Transcoding folder before...

In short;
1. When I select directly from folder (iso, dvd or mkv) , it uses AVC and it seems like that could not play subtitle, MPEG can. I want MPEG as default, just like my NL subs.
2. DVD's (ISO or VIDEO_TS) are playing 'in slowmotion'. Can this be fixed?
3. When I stop playback, the transcoding buffer is still filled. Is this a problem?

Screendump config;
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?g1kel2kectcttid
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?2t2b7sxu7wpb3vy

is this ok?

Further on another question see topic viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7836&p=37371&hilit=update#p37371
For build 412 there was a update.jar for the goto problem before. Can you recommend this update.jar to put into the PMS dir?
Last edited by jpagie on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Connection: PC 1GB Full Duplex ethernet -> Konig 1GB Switch -> PS3 1GB Full Duplex
PMS SubJunk build SB20 / JAVA 6 update 23 / Windows 7 64 bit
4,00 GB dual channel RAM / HDD 1.5TB + 2x 500GB Samsung
Intel Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
jpagie

Postby jpagie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:00 am

ExSport wrote:

@ExSport: what then should be input for the "audio/subtitle language priority" when using DUTCH subs?
Connection: PC 1GB Full Duplex ethernet -> Konig 1GB Switch -> PS3 1GB Full Duplex
jpagie

Postby SubJunk » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:49 am

ExSport wrote:

After some testing I have confirmed both that and that even off doesn't always work, in the official build too. So I will look at fixing that :)

jpagie wrote:1. When I select directly from folder (iso, dvd or mkv) , it uses AVC and it seems like that could not play subtitle, MPEG can. I want MPEG as default, just like my NL subs.
Did you try my subtitle priority suggestions from my previous reply?

jpagie wrote:2. DVD's (ISO or VIDEO_TS) are playing 'in slowmotion'. Can this be fixed?
Does this mean it is smooth slow motion, or is it stuttering? Stuttering with a full buffer will usually mean the network is too slow. Try changing the Video Quality settings on the Transcoding Settings tab, if the problem gets better when you lower the quality it is probably the network

jpagie wrote:3. When I stop playback, the transcoding buffer is still filled. Is this a problem?
It should be full if you pause playback, but if it is stopped completely then it should be empty, at least that is my experience.

jpagie wrote:Further on another question see topic viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7836&p=37371&hilit=update#p37371
For build 412 there was a update.jar for the goto problem before. Can you recommend this update.jar to put into the PMS dir?
Goto works perfectly on my build to my knowledge, so I don't know :) Is there another goto problem I don't know about?

Did anyone test my new appdata build from my last post?
SubJunk

Postby ExSport » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:47 am

SubJunk wrote:After some testing I have confirmed both that and that even off doesn't always work, in the official build too. So I will look at fixing that :)

Say an example when it doesn't work. It works for me 8-)
Check here for the logic that ON doesn't exist:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8575&p=40010&hilit=+en%2Con#p40010
ExSport

Postby SubJunk » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:02 am

ExSport wrote:
SubJunk wrote:After some testing I have confirmed both that and that even off doesn't always work, in the official build too. So I will look at fixing that :)

Say an example when it doesn't work. It works for me 8-)
With "eng,off;en,off" I still get mkv subtitles on a file muxed with mkvmerge 4.4 where the subtitle and audio tracks have the default track flag set to "yes" and the language flag to "eng".

ExSport wrote:Check here for the logic that ON doesn't exist:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8575&p=40010&hilit=+en%2Con#p40010
Like I said before, I have confirmed in testing that on doesn't exist. I looked at the logic in the code :)
Good post, though. I will change the label of that box to be more clear.
SubJunk

Postby brotherjohn » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 am

SubJunk wrote:Did anyone test my new appdata build from my last post?

Yes, I did. Everything fine now. Default-directory is now AppData\Roaming\PMS. Thanks.

I have another 3 questions:
1. Is it possible to do the same with the file Web.conf, pmsencoder.conf and the renderers-directory, so I can edit these files without running the editor in administrator mode?
2. My DivX files plays with the wrong aspect ratio (independant of the ps3ms-version). I play these files with ps3ms and from USB-Stick connected to my Bravia TV (EX505). With ps3ms, I get a huge black bar at the top and at the bottom of the screen which is twice as big as the ones I get when the files were played from the usb stick. I think it is a setting problem of myself. I found these threads about it:
http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7930: I put this in my BraviaEX.conf file under the folder 'renderers'
http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7479&p=37653&hilit=+double#p37653: I put this in 'transcode settings' in PS3MS under engine 'MEncoder' and the Button 'Expert settings: codes specific parameters'.
But unfortunately nothing helps. Where have I to define these parameters or is it a bug of mencoder or ps3ms?
3. When I save the settings in PS3MS (PMS.conf), the engine 'pmsencoder' at the beginning of the 'engines=' row in PMS.conf will be deleted and the first entry is mencoder.

Thank you in advance. :)
Last edited by brotherjohn on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
brotherjohn

Postby Ingo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:13 am

SubJunk wrote:Did anyone test my new appdata build from my last post?

Yes, and it works.

But you seem to be using the old mediainfo.dll version 0.7.27.0 again ;)
Ingo

Postby jpagie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 am

SubJunk wrote:
ExSport wrote:

After some testing I have confirmed both that and that even off doesn't always work, in the official build too. So I will look at fixing that :)

SubJunk wrote:
jpagie wrote:1. When I select directly from folder (iso, dvd or mkv) , it uses AVC and it seems like that could not play subtitle, MPEG can. I want MPEG as default, just like my NL subs.
Did you try my subtitle priority suggestions from my previous reply?

I did look at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4140&start=0#p18432 and viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8575&p=40010&hilit=+en%2Con#p40010.
    I want to see >> DUTCH SUBS (Always!) <<
      I want to hear >> Original Audio language (if exist i prefer English) <<
        to accomplish that, I put these lines in my PMS.conf:

mencoder_sublangs = nl,dut,und,*
mencoder_audiolangs = eng,nl,dut,fre,jpn,ger,und
mencoder_audiosublangs = en,nl;eng,nl;en,dut;eng,dut;und,nl;und,dut;*,nl;*,dut

Can anybody confirm these 3 lines are the right code FOR ME?
(please give me the right code instead of refering to other topics 8-) )

SubJunk wrote:
jpagie wrote:2. DVD's (ISO or VIDEO_TS) are playing 'in slowmotion'. Can this be fixed?
Does this mean it is smooth slow motion, or is it stuttering? Stuttering with a full buffer will usually mean the network is too slow. Try changing the Video Quality settings on the Transcoding Settings tab, if the problem gets better when you lower the quality it is probably the network

It means what I've said. Slow Motion ;)

SubJunk wrote:
jpagie wrote:Further on another question see topic viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7836&p=37371&hilit=update#p37371

Goto works perfectly on my build to my knowledge, so I don't know :) Is there another goto problem I don't know about?

Well, with your build it works, but i've got to pauze after goto, to allow the buffer to be filled a bit (otherwise it's stuttering untill it's filled a bit).

With Build412 and update.jar I didn't had to. Goto worked real fast without the buffer dry empty.
Am I the only one :roll: ??
Last edited by jpagie on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jpagie

Postby LostLogic » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Thanks for the effort into bringing us new updates SubJunk!

I'll give it a try on my Mac trough Paralells. :D Hope I can finally view that Alien rip :D

Cheers and keep up the grand work!
LostLogic

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds