PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby SubJunk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:26 am

jpagie wrote:You're very kind, thanks.
File: Mirrors.2.2010.1080p.DTS.X264_R_Knorloading.mkv (just watched it tonight).

Will test your provided build tommorow and come back with info. Can you tell me what's customized about this build?

Thanks SubJunk! Very cool.

JP
You're welcome :) I will wait to see your reply reply about if that build works better. What is customised is the MediaInfo files.
SubJunk

Postby Finnish Flash » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 am

Hi, Subjunk!

Thanks for all the effort that you've put into this. I really appreciate it. It seems you've added more cores to the drop-down list, that's nice. :) My processor is AMD's Phenom II X6 1055T and thus I should probably use the multithreading Athlon builds of Mencoder and MPlayer files. Is it right that you are using only mencoder.exe (renamed as mencoder_mt?) from the build 30369 and all the other files from the latest build?
Finnish Flash

Postby jpagie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:59 pm

SubJunk wrote:
jpagie wrote:You're very kind, thanks.
File: Mirrors.2.2010.1080p.DTS.X264_R_Knorloading.mkv (just watched it tonight).

Will test your provided build tommorow and come back with info. Can you tell me what's customized about this build?

Thanks SubJunk! Very cool.

JP
You're welcome :) I will wait to see your reply reply about if that build works better. What is customised is the MediaInfo files.

Wiped my system of all java and pms including references and registerfiles. Installed Java update 21, restart pc. Firewall off.
Installed PMS build jpagie1.exe with pms.conf:
Code: Select all
thumbnails = true
alternativeffmpegpath = C:\\Program Files (x86)\\PS3 Media Server jpagie1\\win32\\dvrms\\ffmpeg_MPGMUX.exe
mencoder_ass = true
mencoder_usepcm = true
mencoder_encode = keyint=1:vqscale=1:vqmin=1
maximumbitrate = 200
mencoder_sublangs = nl,dut,nld
mencoder_audiolangs = eng,nl,fre,jpn,ger
mencoder_mt = true
mencoder_audiosublangs = eng,off;fre,on;jpn,on;ger,on;und,on

is this ok? Playback results:

1. [DVD ISO] direct from folder: video: yes subtitle: no -----> 2. but when on ps3 select folder Transcoding -> MEncoder AC3 with Embedded/Dutch i have subtitle (not with all of them). I like to have Dutch subtitles set as default for every movie. Never had to select the Transcoding folder before... -> besides; the playback seems to skip frames (it's like a slowmotion movie)
    <--> same as for [DVD ISO][VIDEO_TS]

1. MKV: direct from folder: video: yes subtitle: no (also use AVC instead of MPEG?) -----> 2. but when on ps3 select folder Transcoding -> MEncoder AC3 with Embedded/Dutch i have subtitle (not with all of them) and video is using MPEG now (which I prefer). I like to have Dutch subtitles set as default. Never had to select the Transcoding folder before...

In short;
1. When I select directly from folder (iso, dvd or mkv) , it uses AVC and it seems like that could not play subtitle, MPEG can. I want MPEG as default, just like my NL subs.
2. DVD's (ISO or VIDEO_TS) are playing 'in slowmotion'. Can this be fixed?
3. When I stop playback, the transcoding buffer is still filled. Is this a problem?

Screendump config;
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?g1kel2kectcttid
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?2t2b7sxu7wpb3vy
    is this ok?

Do you need more info? Thanks a lot.

JP

EDIT: after closing and restart PMS my computer froze up.
Restart pc, started PMS, froze up again (twice) even after updating Java to 23
Connection: PC 1GB Full Duplex ethernet -> Konig 1GB Switch -> PS3 1GB Full Duplex
PMS SubJunk build SB20 / JAVA 6 update 23 / Windows 7 64 bit
4,00 GB dual channel RAM / HDD 1.5TB + 2x 500GB Samsung
Intel Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
jpagie

Postby SubJunk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Finnish Flash wrote:Hi, Subjunk!

Thanks for all the effort that you've put into this. I really appreciate it. It seems you've added more cores to the drop-down list, that's nice. :) My processor is AMD's Phenom II X6 1055T and thus I should probably use the multithreading Athlon builds of Mencoder and MPlayer files. Is it right that you are using only mencoder.exe (renamed as mencoder_mt?) from the build 30369 and all the other files from the latest build?
Hi Finnish, thanks a lot, I had hoped that feature would be useful :)
Yes, that's right about MEncoder

jpagie wrote:EDIT: after closing and restart PMS my computer froze up.
Restart pc, started PMS, froze up again (twice) even after updating Java to 23
Hi, thanks for all the info. I know this is such a frustrating process for you and I want to help.
I should say that I don't think you need to keep reinstalling Java and wiping the system, etc. You can just install the program on top of itself and that's OK.

It does seem like there is something strange happening with your computer, I don't see any reason for PMS to freeze the computer.
I have only changed minor things from the official build and the things I have changed wouldn't cause freezing like that.

As for the subtitles, try changing the MEncoder "Audio/subtitles language priority" option to:

Code: Select all
eng,on;fre,on;jpn,on;ger,on;und,on

and if that doesn't work, clear that box.
SubJunk

Postby jpagie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi SubJunk,

Our post crossed eachother ;) Thanks for the info, I tried that allready.

I also discovered something:
After reinstall java and PMS the settings were set to default. That means there's no reference anymore somewhere on my harddisk. OK.
After adjusting some settings in PMS like subs etc., my PMS.conf (in dir C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1) was also adjusted according this saved settings.
So far, so good.

But: when I restarted PMS and readjusted a setting (subs) I saw nothing had changed in C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1\PMS.conf like it should be.
My changes I found back (only) in C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\PMS\PMS.conf and the PS3 couldn't play anymore.
This thing happened before (with several builds). How can I fix that? I would like the changes to be (only) saved & used within C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1\PMS.conf

Thanks,

JP
Connection: PC 1GB Full Duplex ethernet -> Konig 1GB Switch -> PS3 1GB Full Duplex
jpagie

Postby SubJunk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:35 pm

jpagie wrote:Hi SubJunk,

Our post crossed eachother ;) Thanks for the info, I tried that allready.

I also discovered something:
After reinstall java and PMS the settings were set to default. That means there's no reference anymore somewhere on my harddisk. OK.
After adjusting some settings in PMS like subs etc., my PMS.conf (in dir C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1) was also adjusted according this saved settings.
So far, so good.

But: when I restarted PMS and readjusted a setting (subs) I saw nothing had changed in C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1\PMS.conf like it should be.
My changes I found back (only) in C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\PMS\PMS.conf and the PS3 couldn't play anymore.
This thing happened before (with several builds). How can I fix that? I would like the changes to be (only) saved & used within C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1\PMS.conf

Thanks,

JP
Configuration files should never be in Program Files, it is a Windows convention and is there for security reasons.
The AppData one is the proper one. :)
I just checked and I don't have a PMS.conf in my Program Files folder, how did you get one there? Did you put it there manually?
SubJunk

Postby brotherjohn » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:45 pm

PMS put this file as default in C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1\

You have to delete the PMS.conf in C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1\ and create the path C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\PMS and copy the file PMS.conf in this directory, then PMS takes the settings from C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\PMS\PMS.conf
If you delete the path C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\PMS, then PMS take the settings from C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1\ or create the file new when you press Save.

I prefer that PMS take the settings from the windows default path C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\PMS. There I can also edit the file without running the editor in administration mode.

By the way, I wish this were also possible for the files Web.conf and pmsencoder.conf and for the renderes files :)
brotherjohn

Postby SubJunk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:54 pm

brotherjohn wrote:PMS put this file as default in C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1\

You have to delete the PMS.conf in C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1\ and create the path C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\PMS and copy the file PMS.conf in this directory, then PMS takes the settings from C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\PMS\PMS.conf
If you delete the path C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\PMS, then PMS take the settings from C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server 1.20.412.1\ or create the file new when you press Save.
That's strange because for me it created the AppData one automatically and never created the Program Files one.
There must be something strange in the official code to cause this behaviour. I will look at it.
Thanks for the info :)
SubJunk

Postby jpagie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Both thanks for your reply. @ brotherjohn, that's an clear answer thanks!
Before I always 've used the programfiles location to edit manually. I did delete that file now, so from now on I will use only the Roaming location.
Maybe this 2 PMS.conf files were confusing the program. Will come back with my findings,

@SubJunk can you please come back at my questions according the dvd ts_video playback etc.?

thanks a lot guys.
jpagie

Postby SubJunk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:30 pm

I have created a beta version that hopefully makes it always use AppData. Please try it. :)

jpagie wrote:@SubJunk can you please come back at my questions according the dvd ts_video playback etc.?
I thought I had replied to every question, sorry if I missed something. Can you ask again please? :)
SubJunk

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds