PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby SonicSam » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:28 am

Ah, ok I will simply re-start my settings, copying what I can from the .conf.

Apologies if I sounded impatient, every so often I check for updates, didn't realize UMS just came out.

Thanks!
SonicSam

Postby SubJunk » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:50 am

SonicSam wrote:Apologies if I sounded impatient
Not at all, hope you enjoy the program :)
SubJunk

Postby Gareee » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:31 am

I know I should be posting this in the UMS thread, but since it also pertains to PMS, I'll post it here.

I have the latest subjunk PMS build, and if I shut our ps3 off, and turn it back on later, PMS shows up on the media server list fine, but UMS does not show up. Sometimes it'll show up if I have the ps3 do another media server search on the ps3, sometimes not.

If I stop and then restart UMS, it then does show up fine again.

Folders and files are popping up faster on UMS, and on PMS, see sometimes get a slight hiccup at the beginning of 720p video files (a pause after 2 or 3 seconds, and then a resume) UMS does not have this issue, and once they start they play without that beginning pause.

Since UMS seems to run better with the exception of not being seen on occasion, I'm not just stopping it when not in use, and then starting it up once the PS3 is turned on.

Unless UMS has a setting I missed somewhere thats on in PMS?
Gareee

Postby glenrocks » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:45 am

Ah..I read about new rebranding ...nice... I can give lot of ideas to make this server really universal esp. if we can incorporate playon like pipe-buffer rewind/pause feature for online streams/online mp4/flv files with known time length.

Is there anyway to inherit user list here to that universal forum automatically? :| I am lazy I guess, if possible! Would be great addon. :)
glenrocks

Postby SubJunk » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:40 am

Gareee wrote:Unless UMS has a setting I missed somewhere thats on in PMS?
PM'd for more details

glenrocks wrote:Ah..I read about new rebranding ...nice... I can give lot of ideas to make this server really universal esp. if we can incorporate playon like pipe-buffer rewind/pause feature for online streams/online mp4/flv files with known time length.
Feel free to create issues for these ideas on the issue tracker :)

glenrocks wrote:Is there anyway to inherit user list here to that universal forum automatically? :| I am lazy I guess, if possible! Would be great addon. :)
I could do it but I think it would violate user's privacy so I won't do it :) I do have some cool plans for the website though which will be announced there soon.
SubJunk

Postby glenrocks » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Feel free to create issues for these ideas on the issue tracker
Its really not an issue but sure added feature I would look forward to as some renderers do have limitations and then PMS was more geared to serve best quality stream with no ability to FF/REW. I will certainly contribute my ideas there for sure. :)

Garee-- Excuse me as I didnt read thru your issue earlier..did you try to filter by IP in PMS settings? And static IP for renderer helps too. More when I really try UMS! :|
glenrocks

Postby Gareee » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Glen: Nope. I hadn't gotten around to researching a solution yet, but i'd assume networked availability settings would be the same as PMS's. I'll look into those options, and see if they offer a solution.
Gareee

Postby Manco » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:02 pm

SubJunk wrote:
SonicSam wrote:Is there a migration guide (settings wise) between transferring from PS3MS to UMS?
phrozenstare said it all; I recommend that you start with the clean config and re-apply your settings using the program. I thought about a migration thing but I ran into oddities with Windows permissions so decided to just avoid it.

Manco wrote:Subjunk I tried UMS. I installed the new Windows 8 Release Preview and decided to try out some programs that I have problems with first before installing other programs. The first time installed UMS on Win8 it worked fine. The I wiped the hard drive and installed Win8 RP again. I started installing my programs and got to UMS and this time it wouldn't find my PS3. I'm guessing somethings change in my windows install?

I installed PMS SB64 and it worked fine.

I'm going to install Win8 again and install UMS again early on and see what happens.
I've been meaning to test Win8 for testingmyself. Any information you can give about your tests will be helpful, and yeah like phrozenstare said that OS won't be supported until it is released but hopefully I can fix any bugs with it before its release :)

The problem I'm having on Win8 is the same as on Windows 7 the last good version of PMS for me on both is SB64.

I reinstalled Win8 RP and made UMS one of the first programs I installed. Everything worked at first after installing all my other programs and getting Win8 set up I tried again and UMS couldn't find my PS3. I go back to SB64 and I runs great. SB65 also runs but the audio/video is out of sync.
Manco

Postby SubJunk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:44 am

Manco wrote:The problem I'm having on Win8 is the same as on Windows 7 the last good version of PMS for me on both is SB64.

I reinstalled Win8 RP and made UMS one of the first programs I installed. Everything worked at first after installing all my other programs and getting Win8 set up I tried again and UMS couldn't find my PS3. I go back to SB64 and I runs great. SB65 also runs but the audio/video is out of sync.
So PMS SB66 is the first build that has the bug (ignoring the audio sync for now)? Can you confirm that by installing it? [http://www.spirton.com/uploads/PMS/pms-setup-windows-1.50.2-SB66.exe]link[/url]
SubJunk

Postby Yojiro » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:18 am

Not sure if this is the right place but I have a problem.
I'm running version 1.21.2-SB25 which has been working fine for a very long time, but suddenly today any mkv file I try to play gives me; Data is corrupted, even though I watched the exact same video the day before without issues and I have not changed any settings, restarting the service and rebooting both did not solve the issue.
what could be causing this?

After trying different things and looking through the logs it looks like it had problems loading mplayer, reinstall seems to have fixed it, still not sure why it happened.
Last edited by Yojiro on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojiro

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds