PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby SubJunk » Thu May 31, 2012 6:46 am

This build has been replaced by Universal Media Server so please check it out :)
SubJunk

Postby Raker13 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Will this install over PS3MS? I'm ascared...
Raker13

Postby phrozenstare » Thu May 31, 2012 6:28 pm

scared of what? anyway it will instill into a directory called Universal media server and under program data the directory has been changed to UMS but it will not delete any directories relating with PS3 media server.

it is the same program as before just under a different name
phrozenstare

Postby squadjot » Thu May 31, 2012 6:57 pm

i'm curious...whats the story? ^^
I like the new name, logo..and the fact that it's subjunk maintaining it.
But why?..Will it remain freeware? Will PMS and UMS projects benefit from eachother? What about plugins?..questions.. =)
squadjot

Postby glebb » Thu May 31, 2012 7:12 pm

I'm also very curious. The same questions as the previous poster :) But I'm also interested in from development point of view. What's the current and future relation to PMS code-wise?
glebb

Postby Raker13 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:52 pm

downloaded and installed in it's own directory. Added file directories. Seems the same as PS3MS.
Raker13

Postby counsil » Thu May 31, 2012 8:34 pm

SubJunk,

Are you still going to participate in PMS (ie upload your Mencoder builds, fixes, enhancements to git/Google Code)? If not, should PMS just be abandoned and have all the contributors/coders work on your version? I foresee at some point that the UMS and PMS code bases are going to grow apart so much that they are no longer going to be compatible (ie a fix for one version may not be necessary or work for the other version).

Personally, I don't mind abandoning PMS in favor of UMS, but is your code going to open source as well? Is it in git? It obviously isn't using Google code because your latest version of Mencoder is in UMS but not uploaded to Google. ;)
counsil

Postby SuperDre » Thu May 31, 2012 8:49 pm

Do I have to reset all my settings or are they converted, if not, what files do I need to copy to retain my settings?

and before I forget, do I still need to use the .bat file if I want it to use more memory?
SuperDre

Postby squadjot » Thu May 31, 2012 9:03 pm

UMS runs completely seperate from PMS afaik

Edit: Right now, i think you should concider it as a near copy of exisiting PMS subjunk build.
squadjot

Postby SubJunk » Thu May 31, 2012 10:49 pm

Yeah it is completely separate; the installations will not affect eachother. I wanted people to start with a new config since there has been a bug affecting some users which was fixed by deleting their conf files. Also default values have changed over time so it's good to start clean.
It's my intention now to work on UMS but to keep it in sync with some PMS updates, so we get the best of both worlds. When there is a PMS update that looks dodgy I won't include it.
I'm tired of seeing posts like "I used PMS until version x and now none work anymore" so I'm going to be picky and hopefully we can go back to enjoying the stability of the 1.2 branch.

For this release I worked hard on improving the MEncoder build, which are quite different to the one included in the last SB. It is faster (up to 2x!), more stable and better at managing font caching, especially on Windows 7.
SubJunk

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds