PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby DPT » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi Subjunk.

Meaby a dum question.

But when can you make PS3 media server to support DTSTrueHD ?

Regards Daniel
DPT

Postby ExSport » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:28 pm

DPT wrote:But when can you make PS3 media server to support DTSTrueHD ?

• DTStrueHD doesn't exist.
  • DTS-HD is not supported by MEncoder(its decoder)
  • DTS-core(extracted from DTS-MA and others) is limited to 5.1
  • Dolby TrueHD should be supported by MEncoder decoder up to 7.1 channels (Happy-Neko tested it so it should work: LINK)
ExSport

Postby DPT » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Ahhh sorry hehe :)

Okay thank you very mutch!

regards Daniel
DPT

Postby SharkHunter » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi,

I've got a problem that the ffmpeg/mencoder gurus in the house might have a clue at. I've finally found the real use case (on NaviX), that is playlists with SkySports etc. Everything is nice and you actually see the ball during the match (which is hard to do on sopcast for example). Now there is a small problem (of course). There are some "HD" streams (that seems to be real HD actually the grass is even greener). The problem is that the bitrate is way to high to make it viewable. Any ideas how you can make this work nicer? Before questions comes it is an rtmp stream,pmsencoder is thus used, yes it transcodes to mpeg2, yes I think my computer should be able to handle it (Quad with 12gb 100mbps),render is ps3 or bravia (doesn't matter). I tried and use various options (like -vcodec copy etc.) but no luck. Any good ideas gurus? (I'm more for finding the streams :))
SharkHunter

Postby Butman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:01 am

Hey everyone,

I've been on this site for a number of months now using it to address my own PMS issues. I have to say I have everything running well except for one thing and that is the the skipping video. Ever since I downloaded 1.50.1 it has changed. First it was stuttering and then with 1.52 it changed to skipping (the half buffer thing). From what I've gathered it's something to do with mencoder and maybe ffmpeg? Before I used to have some stalling and frozen video but I figured out how to lower my video settings and all that so video runs smoothly. It's only when using subtitles that I get the problems. Because we have kids, we really enjoy the subs but it kills the video now. The PMS buffer tops out and then the video is done. I might get 3 min. before it skips. So I have to use the transcode folder and go no encoding or tsMuxer (but I lose the subs). I know you guys are working away on it so I'm just waiting for the eureka day. I just downloaded SB69 but no joy yet.

BTW, I am using wireless and it's great. It was only when I decided to wire it one night that I realized there was no difference. Previously, I could tell the difference between wired and wireless. Wired was much snappier and the video was perfect. Then I knew something else was up.

I appreciate all the work being done here because I love being able to stream all our video and music.
Butman

Postby Val Killmore » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:32 am

Butman wrote:Hey everyone,

I've been on this site for a number of months now using it to address my own PMS issues. I have to say I have everything running well except for one thing and that is the the skipping video. Ever since I downloaded 1.50.1 it has changed. First it was stuttering and then with 1.52 it changed to skipping (the half buffer thing). From what I've gathered it's something to do with mencoder and maybe ffmpeg? Before I used to have some stalling and frozen video but I figured out how to lower my video settings and all that so video runs smoothly. It's only when using subtitles that I get the problems. Because we have kids, we really enjoy the subs but it kills the video now. The PMS buffer tops out and then the video is done. I might get 3 min. before it skips. So I have to use the transcode folder and go no encoding or tsMuxer (but I lose the subs). I know you guys are working away on it so I'm just waiting for the eureka day. I just downloaded SB69 but no joy yet.

BTW, I am using wireless and it's great. It was only when I decided to wire it one night that I realized there was no difference. Previously, I could tell the difference between wired and wireless. Wired was much snappier and the video was perfect. Then I knew something else was up.

I appreciate all the work being done here because I love being able to stream all our video and music.

Kind of confused as to whether you are still experiencing issues, and what the issue exactly is.

If you are still seeing skipping video, check this link from the FAQ .

You will most likely only see the skipping video when trying to play subs, because subs force transcoding, which then calls for memory.

I would still wire my setup if I were you, but I'm not so I won't...... :)
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby CyberMew » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks for this build! After updating to the latest official version, it kept giving me data corrupted errors on my MKV file, but after installing this SubJunk it almost played my 1080p flawlessly on my wired PS3 (a few little pauses around the middle but that's fine, probably due to my PC). Thanks again! :D
CyberMew

Postby SubJunk » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:07 am

CyberMew, did you try 1.52.0 or 1.52.1?

ExSport, I just did some testing with A/V sync alternative method disabled and as always it caused the audio to be out of sync for me. Not sure why it works for you but it seems much more reliable with it on for me. There is the audio offset problem but considering that 99% of videos users are watching will have no audio offset, it is still best to leave it enabled by default.
We could experiment by having it automatically disable when there is an audio offset.
SubJunk

Postby mazey » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:57 pm

SubJunk wrote:CyberMew, did you try 1.52.0 or 1.52.1?

ExSport, I just did some testing with A/V sync alternative method disabled and as always it caused the audio to be out of sync for me. Not sure why it works for you but it seems much more reliable with it on for me. There is the audio offset problem but considering that 99% of videos users are watching will have no audio offset, it is still best to leave it enabled by default.
We could experiment by having it automatically disable when there is an audio offset.

i think its fine once u set it u dont need to touch it, i turned it off ages ago and never had a problem since, with it on i had a few problems. aslong as u keep the option to turn it on or off it will be fine and we have that. as for whats better as default i guess whatever causes the least problem for users. im unsure what setting that is, most likely on the on position which is where its at now anyway.
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

Postby ExSport » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Also when no audio delay is set, Alternate A/V sync should be disabled ;)
My tests show that only difference between ENABLED and DISABLED state is that when ENABLED, audio delay is ignored so I never enabled it and don't have any side effects.
Can you post few samples where you can reproduce unsynced audio when Alternate A/V sync is disabled but it works OK when enabled?
I will test it on my config. Thanks
EDIT:
Seems mazey is on the same boat with me 8-)
ExSport

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds