PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby mazey » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:22 am

SubJunk wrote:SB69 is released, this version should hopefully fix the MEncoder issues with AC3 audio. Thanks ExSport for your help testing it!


yay, testing now :)

EDIT: FIXED!!! thx guys, working perfectly :)
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby ExSport » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Yes, great SubJunk, new MEncoder version fixed it 8-)
ExSport
 
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby Coltaine79 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:43 am

With new Build 69 - what is recommended setting for "a/v alt synch" if most of your files are MKV/H264/AC3 ?

Keep alt synch ON (checked) or OFF (unchecked)?

Appreciate your advice, thx.
Coltaine79
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby mazey » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:00 am

Coltaine79 wrote:With new Build 69 - what is recommended setting for "a/v alt synch" if most of your files are MKV/H264/AC3 ?

Keep alt synch ON (checked) or OFF (unchecked)?

Appreciate your advice, thx.


on unless u have sync issues then set it to off. (i personally have it off).
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby SubJunk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:37 am

Recommended settings are the defaults :)
SubJunk
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:25 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby ExSport » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:31 am

SubJunk wrote:Recommended settings are the defaults :)

Hopefully it is OFF! 8-)
As I described many times, when it is ON, audio delay is ignored so files with any higher delay will be visibly out of sync.
Eg. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8883&start=2040#p66961
ExSport
 
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby mazey » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:53 am

ExSport wrote:
SubJunk wrote:Recommended settings are the defaults :)

Hopefully it is OFF! 8-)
As I described many times, when it is ON, audio delay is ignored so files with any higher delay will be visibly out of sync.
Eg. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8883&start=2040#p66961


its always defaulted to on.
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby ExSport » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:02 am

mazey wrote:its always defaulted to on.

So then it is bad default settings. More clever is to use it OFF which should be more compatible.
I always used OFF and never had problems.
From technical aspect:
  • When Alt. AV Sync is ON, MEncoder uses additionally these parameters: "-mc 0 -noskip"
  • Parameters above say that automatic syncing algorithm is totally disabled so if audio is variable or with any delay, you will go out of sync
From Mplayer/MEncoder manual page: ...you can use both -mc 0 and -noskip. This will prevent all A/V sync, and copy frames one-to-one, so you cannot use it if you will be using any filters that unpredictably add or drop frames, or if your input file has variable framerate! Therefore, using -noskip is not in general recommended...

EDIT:
Also when I posted code which fixed tsMuxer engine with new MEncoder builds I recommended to disable it as stated in post below. When it will be enabled, audio will get out of sync same way as with MEncoder engine if movie will have any audio delay...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11284&p=62765#p62765
ExSport
 
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby slingshot1015 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:08 am

For what it is worth, the last version that has successfully worked for me is SB33. Any version beyond that has terrible a/v sync issues for me, including SB69 which I just tested. I was hoping SB69 would work for me since you just made a change to mencoder, however, no luck. "A/V sync" enable / disable doesn't make a difference. "Force framerate parsed from FFmpeg" doesn't make a difference. I run Windows 7, 4gb RAM, 1gb wired LAN. I use mostly MKV with mpeg2 and AC3 and no subtitles (pretty vanilla). Strange how SB33 runs great for me and any version after that does not.
slingshot1015
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 69 (Updated 2012-04-02)

Postby SubJunk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 am

slingshot1015 wrote:For what it is worth, the last version that has successfully worked for me is SB33. Any version beyond that has terrible a/v sync issues for me, including SB69 which I just tested. I was hoping SB69 would work for me since you just made a change to mencoder, however, no luck. "A/V sync" enable / disable doesn't make a difference. "Force framerate parsed from FFmpeg" doesn't make a difference. I run Windows 7, 4gb RAM, 1gb wired LAN. I use mostly MKV with mpeg2 and AC3 and no subtitles (pretty vanilla). Strange how SB33 runs great for me and any version after that does not.
SB33 is the last version that uses a very old version of MEncoder. SB34+ uses newer versions which may have had a regression for your files. I don't think I have ever used a MKV file with MPEG-2 video. Could you upload one so I can download it and see what the problem is?
SubJunk
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:25 am

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests