PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 51 (Updated 2011-10-12)

Postby SharkHunter » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:04 am

taconaut wrote:
SubJunk wrote:Unfortunately there have been a lot of large code updates made by other developers lately that I don't have time to go over, so it's up to them to fix their mistakes

Scary, when core functionalities having been ok forever break. Sure this is part of the main trunk?


I'm dead sure about this. If I just merge in all of 100+ last commits and try to run it crashes everywhere. no plugin work and even after I recompiled all plugins there are crashes all over the place plus of course nothing plays...

For example simple things. In Request there is a construct like
if(timeseek > 0 && dlna !=null)
now someone changed timeseek from a double to a Double thus a real type to an object. This works as long as timseek is initialized, but it might not be. An unitialized object is null and null > 0 works in C but not in java.
SharkHunter
 
Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:39 pm

notification icon looks like cr*p

Postby mkvguy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:09 pm

The notification icon on the information bar looks like cr*p. I'm using Fedora Linux.

I'm attaching a screen shot. You can clearly see the icons for the following applications, in this order: pidgin, PMS, transmission, volume, network, weather

So why does the PMS icon look that bad?
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (5.27 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
* PMS 1.51.0-SB68
* Fedora Linux 64bit
* mplayer/mencoder SVN-r33254
* Sony Bravia KDL-40W2000
* Playstation 3
* Java 1.6.0.0-50.1.8.7
mkvguy
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:36 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 51 (Updated 2011-10-12)

Postby devildog93 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 pm

SubJunk wrote:Unfortunately there have been a lot of large code updates made by other developers lately that I don't have time to go over, so it's up to them to fix their mistakes


Cool, cool. Just thought I would give a heads up.

Even after a complete reinstall of Win7 (wanted to do it anyways), SB51 still had those strange #transcode# folder traits. As soon as I reverted back to SB50 the #transcode# folder returned to normal.
User avatar
devildog93
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: notification icon looks like cr*p

Postby SuperDre » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:38 pm

mkvguy wrote:The notification icon on the information bar looks like cr*p. I'm using Fedora Linux.

I'm attaching a screen shot. You can clearly see the icons for the following applications, in this order: pidgin, PMS, transmission, volume, network, weather

So why does the PMS icon look that bad?


Must be a linux thing then as on Windows 7 it doesn't look that bad.. But then according to Microsoft's filosophy for Vista and 7 you shouldn't use the systemtray at all (stupid morons)..
SuperDre
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 51 (Updated 2011-10-12)

Postby Coltaine79 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:12 am

Um, wow, don't mean to sound like a party pooper or anything but it does seem like this project is getting out of control. Will be sticking with sb49 as it's working 100% for me.
Coltaine79
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 51 (Updated 2011-10-12)

Postby Canders5 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:28 am

I have a question about subtitle repositioning.. and just to be clear I've read through past posts by sub and choco about -subpos, subalign and sub font margins. I have tried using ver 1.4 and 1.5. When using ASS/stylized subs, I can change the font size via font scale, however, font sub margins does absolutely nothing for me-the position remains the same; I switched off ASS subs which leads to the stylized subs being stripped and what remained was plain subs, however, the sub font margins option indeed WORKED. I apologize if its just my lack of knowledge of stylized subs and not being able to move/reposition them, but I'm assuming they can be since there is an Font Sub Margin option under the ASS sub settings. I have also tried -subpos 10-30/-subalign 1-2 in the custom options and have had zero success. If someone could point me in the right direction or point out my retardedness, either way, I'd be happy to be able to resolve my problem, thanks.
Canders5
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:20 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 51 (Updated 2011-10-12)

Postby SuperDre » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Canders5 wrote:I have a question about subtitle repositioning.. and just to be clear I've read through past posts by sub and choco about -subpos, subalign and sub font margins. I have tried using ver 1.4 and 1.5. When using ASS/stylized subs, I can change the font size via font scale, however, font sub margins does absolutely nothing for me-the position remains the same; I switched off ASS subs which leads to the stylized subs being stripped and what remained was plain subs, however, the sub font margins option indeed WORKED. I apologize if its just my lack of knowledge of stylized subs and not being able to move/reposition them, but I'm assuming they can be since there is an Font Sub Margin option under the ASS sub settings. I have also tried -subpos 10-30/-subalign 1-2 in the custom options and have had zero success. If someone could point me in the right direction or point out my retardedness, either way, I'd be happy to be able to resolve my problem, thanks.


ASS subtitle options have been broken since version SB3x or something, last version I tried where it was still working was SB29 (haven't tried 30-35 or something like that). But SB said it wasn't a priority to get it fixed/working again..
SuperDre
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 51 (Updated 2011-10-12)

Postby Zathor » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:04 pm

devildog93 wrote:There seems to be a shortage of engine options in my #transcode# folder as well.

I posted a patch for this issue:
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... il?id=1250
But this patch does not fix the wrong chapter times. At least all transcode options are back in action.
Zathor
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 51 (Updated 2011-10-12)

Postby gate1975mlm » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Chapters for Transcode folder seems broken in Build 1.50.0-SB51
gate1975mlm
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:40 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 51 (Updated 2011-10-12)

Postby mcavity » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:07 am

Ok looks like time to wait for the next release.
I tried the "bypass cinevia" option and that worked great!
however the transcode folder is missing options as has been pointed out.
Other than that I finally managed to configure everything so that I am getting true DTS pass-though to my amp from the ps3.
Never could get that to work before.. though I didn't try that hard,
Keep up the great work!

quick note. I just tried going into the trans-code folder of a mkv that has many audio tracks.
Only one line was shown in the trans-code folder but each track was listed in that line before being over written by the next.
so it looks like its picking everything up just not displaying the options correctly.
- the trans code folder also shows up in the video settings folder.
mcavity
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:47 am

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests