PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 50 (Updated 2011-10-10)

Postby Gareee » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Cinavia is kind of a non issue to me, since you can simply chage the date foreward a day, and continue watching in less than 30 seconds, and then just reset the date when a movie is over. But thats discussing something you'd rather we not mention any longer, so that'll be it for me.

I'll update to 50 for sure though since its still in that version. I just hate seeing any features crippled or removed for any reason, but ya have to respect the decision of someone working so hard for the entire community.
Gareee

Re: PMS SubJunk Build 49 (Updated 2011-10-04)

Postby gate1975mlm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:31 pm

SubJunk wrote:We're removing the Cinavia option for legal reasons so I won't be giving support for it, sorry :)

While it is kind of disappointing that you are removing the "Bypass Cinavia option" feature I do totally understand why it needs to be removed. The last thing we would want is for any of you guys to get in trouble with the law.

However what I really liked the most about the option is so my Denon receiver could do the decoding and DTS and DD would display on it. Other then that Im good anyway becasue I use my laptop with HDMI when I want to watch Blu-Ray rips with DTD and DD Audio that may have "Cinavia". I will just use PS3 Media Server for everything except Blu-Ray rips from now on :)

But thanks for adding "Cinavia option" while it lasted :)
Last edited by gate1975mlm on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gate1975mlm

Postby squadjot » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:10 pm

I still have problem with goto on a few files.
After i try to seek, it just gives me "playback unavailable"
From that point i cannot play the file (probably because it tries to resume from a certain point)

- i know it worked with earlier version < SB41

problem.zip
debug.log + mediainfo.log
(4.94 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Edit: Most of my other h264 avi movies plays fine!

Edit2: And yes, i know the file "works" - I have more files encoded the same way (same author), they do all play on PC, but not via PMS.
Last edited by squadjot on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squadjot

Postby ExSport » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm

I agree this feature should be removed due to possible problems with law and affect whole PMS project.
But I am now little bit scared what else can be removed in the future if we will talk about law and interpretation from interested sites 8-) (removing remuxing, transcoding, dts etc....)
Anyway my point of view is from IT geek position :mrgreen:
Also I found out that this abandoned feature had big audio quality improvement on my external audio system and this is what is bad we can't use it.
But I lived without it until now so no problem for me, but anyway I was impressed how good sound was presented on my receiver so I am little bit unlucky I can't use it :mrgreen:
Maybe sometimes somebody will create legal PMS plugin which will enable this feature again but only for renderes without c-protection(for now any other renderer than PS3)
ExSport

Postby cptrico » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for all the cool updates, that continues to make PMS even better :)

I have one wish though. Ever since you added the Samsung_Allshare I have to go and delete it when I do an update, since it cannot detect my TV. I am running with a modfied version that works for me. Don't know if the other one can be made to work :) but I at least couldn't.

This is what worked for me I had to add to the config, otherwise it was an unknown render.

RendererName=Samsung UE46D8000
UserAgentSearch=UE46D8000/1.0

Don't know if it just the regular expression that needs some tweaking to be able to find all samsungs, I am not the wizard of regular expressions ;)

Anyway, just wanted to let you know..

//CPTRICO
cptrico

Postby Uppie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi SJ,

congrats on your 50th :D . It looks better and better....but (always a "but" ;) ) selecting chapters from the transcoding-folder fell of the table somewhere. Whatever i try, PMS always starts at the beginning of the movie (in AVI, MKV and ISO). It was still there in SB49.

Thanx for all the effort and good call in the Cinavia-discussion.

Uppie
Uppie

Postby devildog93 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Well, I know an easy way around all this.

Keep a copy of SB49 and SB50 exe's. They'll be locked away in my archive, along with my Delorean and SpiderMan lunch box.
devildog93

Postby meskibob » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Posts deleted. Please stop with the discussion - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7220&start=130#p58376
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby SubJunk » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Yep good call meskibob. That was getting spammy! Plus I never mentioned removing DTS passthrough so I have no idea why people kept bringing that up :p
SubJunk

Postby SharkHunter » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:00 pm

I missed the incerdibly fun C debate today (but I got a chance to read the post wher my name was mentioned as doing "concept cars" which boosted the ego a bit :)). I don't want to open up the box again BUT I must add that there are forces in the world that would consider this whole project and what we do completely illegal. Consider it, PMS allwos you to play video on another device. It can play video in a number of odd formats formats that are very odd if you consider you have a legal copy of the video and so on. There are even people who consider Channels illegal since it is "not showing the webpage as the owner intended". So what do I want to say with this? Who knows? But we will for sure see more attempts to shut us down...
SharkHunter

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds