CCCP 2010-10-10 causes Corrupted data in AVISYNTH/MENCODER

Download and discuss official beta builds here

CCCP 2010-10-10 causes Corrupted data in AVISYNTH/MENCODER

Postby Kurasame » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:41 am

I dunno if anyone else bumped into this problem, but I crashed my movie hard drive trying to figure it out. Apparently the latest release of Combined Codec Community released 2010-10-10 will cause AVISYNTH/MENCODER to yield corrupted data. I spent a couple weeks uninstalling and reinstalling COREAVC CCCP and PS3 MS to try and figure it out. I went even as far reinstalling a fresh copy of windows to see if that worked but it didn't. Today I just decided to try the old version and it worked flawlessly.

I'm using PS3 MS 1.20.412 with COREAVC 2.0 with CCCP 2009-09-09 AVISYNTH 2.5.7.

Before switching to the old version of CCCP everytime I try to transcode with AVISYNTH/MENCODER it would always say...

mencoder.exe has a return code of -1073740940!

Hope this helps anyone else that bumped into the problem
Kurasame

Re: CCCP 2010-10-10 causes Corrupted data in AVISYNTH/MENCOD

Postby wondabwoy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:45 am

DUDE, man listen, I think I'm about to save your life here, whewww, let me take a deep breath for this, and make this simple. Long story short, this has been happenning to me for close to a year now, both the old beta cccp and the new one. Here's my setup I use both PS3 media server, and Tversity. I first had Tversity, but searching for a better media server I ran into PS3 over a year ago. I still use Tversity to stream my shows to my own domain online away from home, and use PS3 media server strictly at home. Sorry for the long intro, but I had to, cuz when I was having the same issue you had, I tried K-Lite, and this would work for coreavc and avisynth on PS3 media server, but I lose sound on my Tversity flash media stream online. So I did the same thing you did, back, and forth, back and forth, AAARRRGGGHHHHH. After all those installation, I've seen it before, but the VSFILTER word became more focused to me as it's the same name filter we add to the avisynth plugin folder, and it's the same name of one of the components of cccp codec installation (VSFilter MPC HC). So what I started doing was, eliminating components one by one from the cccp codec install, and VIOLA, when I unchecked the VSFilter MPC HC from the installation, EVERYTHING WORKED, Tversity with sound in flash video, and coreavc with avisynth. So I said all that to say this, you have two choices, USE K-Lite codec (standard is fine) or use CCCP codec, but UNCHECK the VSFilter MPC HC installation. If you do choose to do the CCCP methed, during config of the codec, the haali auto load will be grayed out, so you need to go to the CCCP folder from the start menu, then go to filters folder, and launch the Haali media config, and set the filter to auto on manually, and you are good to go. Hopefully this helps all the 200+ people who view this looking for answers. Enjoy!!!
wondabwoy

Postby fireaza » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:10 am

I'm having this problem too! Everything was fine up until I installed CCCP 10-10-10! I tried unchecking VSFilter during install like wondabwoy suggested, but no dice! HELP!
fireaza

Postby wondabwoy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:55 am

fireaza wrote:I'm having this problem too! Everything was fine up until I installed CCCP 10-10-10! I tried unchecking VSFilter during install like wondabwoy suggested, but no dice! HELP!

Have you tried a fresh new clean install? or Have you tried using K-lite codec instead as I mentioned?
wondabwoy

Postby fireaza » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:15 am

Yep, un-installed it and re-installed it.

I'd rather stick with the CCCP, thanks.
fireaza

Postby rurika » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks, wondabwoy.

Just solve my problem, right now I can use CCCP in AVISYNTH/MENCOD.

First install CCCP with VSfilter (full install) and then use CCCP-Insurgent-2007-01-01.exe to unregister filter "directVobSub".(it's on Tools -> Advance)
After that download VSfilter from sourceforge ( I used vsfilter_20051125.7z that's work with me) & copy that to Program Files (x86)\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters and then register it.

Hope it work.
rurika

Postby wondabwoy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:24 am

rurika wrote:Thanks, wondabwoy.

Just solve my problem, right now I can use CCCP in AVISYNTH/MENCOD.

First install CCCP with VSfilter (full install) and then use CCCP-Insurgent-2007-01-01.exe to unregister filter "directVobSub".(it's on Tools -> Advance)
After that download VSfilter from sourceforge ( I used vsfilter_20051125.7z that's work with me) & copy that to Program Files (x86)\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters and then register it.

Hope it work.

OK, first why add the vsfilter file in CCCP install folder, and did you add the vsfilter.dll in the avisynth plugin folder as well? Did you just use the run cmd to register (regsvr32) the dll file? Thx for the suggestion.
wondabwoy

Return to Beta Builds