lightglitch a.k.a Mário Franco
lightglitch
Project Member

Re: PMS Community Build Beta

Postby SubJunk » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:41 am

ExSport wrote:Found it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4248&p=18946#p18946
Code: Select all
-vf softskip,expand=::::1:16/9:2

The 1 have to be defined. As default 0 is used which will incorrectly clean subs is additionaly added black bars.
It works for me with r31150 version of MEncoder. More recent versions have problems for me with many of my files so most stable for me is r31150 which already includes VOBSUB support etc...
Do you know of any command to make the subtitle disappear after a certain time?
With "ASS/SSA Subtitles" disabled, the subtitles remain on the screen until new ones come along, so if no one talks for 5 minutes there is still the last thing that was said remaining on the screen for that whole time. It would be cool if it would disappear.
SubJunk

Postby ExSport » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:26 pm

I am using same settings with disabled ASS/SSA and subtitles hides ok. I know when I tested expand feature I had same problems but fixed it. So if you will use same code as above it should work. I think overlapped subtitles is visible when you will change :1: to :0: but I am not sure for now :-)
EDIT:
Ehm, it is stated exactly under this code that 0 will incorrectly render subs :mrgreen:
ExSport

Postby SubJunk » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:26 pm

For me, either way the subtitles don't disappear until new ones appear. That's with default settings (no extra code) and with your code.
SubJunk

Postby xp1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Running PS3 Media Server v1.20.412c31 on Windows Ultimate 7 x64 all things running great except MP3 Media Folder "By Genre" is not populating. All music, when sorted "By Genre", falls into ### folder. Music populates fine in v1.10.51; however, v1.10.51 does not display Movie Art .jpg like v1.20.412c31. I have reviewed all .mp3 tags and they look clean, including album art, and they also display fine among other streaming software and in Windows Explorer. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there fix coming to display .mp3 "By Genre"?
xp1

Re: Latest Windows/Linux beta build discussion

Postby xp1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Running PS3 Media Server v1.20.412c31 on Windows Ultimate 7 x64 all things running great except MP3 Media Folder "By Genre" is not populating. All music, when sorted "By Genre", falls into ### folder. Music populates fine in v1.10.51; however, v1.10.51 does not display Movie Art .jpg like v1.20.412c31. I have reviewed all .mp3 tags and they look clean, including album art, and they also display fine among other streaming software and in Windows Explorer. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there fix coming to display .mp3 "By Genre"?
xp1

Postby Juniorflip » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Has anyone had a problem with the color of the VobSub(idx/sub) sutbitle on the tv screen, I have narrowed down the issue to Mencoder. Here is my issue.

I have legally rip from my dvd a movie with MakeMKV (http://www.makemkv.com). this will create a mkv that will mux the subtitle internally. When you play it on PMS it will show the subtitle as a white outline and clear letters, making it hard to see. During my testing I extracted the .idx and change the color to yellow just to test it out. I remuxed the .idx into the video yet I am still seeing the white outline with clear letters. Is there a way to customize the vobsub color.

I am using the latest Community Build (31) and I have tried both old mencoder/new mencoder setup.

Anyone can reproduce or seen this issue?
Juniorflip

Postby LordMelkor » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:39 am

I'm new here... and and all this is somewhat overwhelming, I have the latest OSX community version from the google code page...

Can anyone point me towards what I need to update and where to get said files to be up-to-date with all the most recent fixes etc?
LordMelkor

Postby 8140david » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:53 am

Hi,
I'm using the last official release PS3 version 412, with Java 6 update 17 (on a Windows Vista pro powerful laptop).
I use it for streaming to the Oppo BDP 83 copies of dvds (video_ts folders) at maximal quality (keyint=1:vqscale=1:vqmin=1).
Doing so, I did watch one dvd without problems.
But then the next one (on a different day, computer restarted in between), I couldn't watch the entire movie: after an hour or so, the display of movie slowed down, I had only some images, not all.
I really want to stream at maximal quality, otherwise it's not worthwhile for me.

Do you think I would be better with the "correction" you guys made of version 412? And if so, with which version of java ?
Because I did install it, with Java 6 update 17, but it didn't work at all...

Thanks,
David
8140david

Postby meskibob » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Two new patches have been added to the Google Code issues list for iTunes support.
Issue 919: speed up the load time of the iTunes library through a new child variable for sub-folders
Issue 921: pseudo ipod interface for browsing through music
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds