Well, I spend quite some time this evening tying to figure out how to build the beta from the trunk.
With a little help in the right direction from Shagrath I would like to point you guys out in the right direction, so here goes:
- Create a folder on your C: drive and name it: PMS
- Download "ant" ( http://mirror.hostfuss.com/apache/ant/b ... .1-bin.zip )
- Open the zip file and you should see a folder called: apache-ant-1.7.1. Double click that folder and you should see some files and folders (folders like BIN etc.)
- Extract those files and folders to the PMS folder you just created.
- Download Sliksvn ( http://www.sliksvn.com/en/download )
- Install Sliksvn and after that, go to your install path of sliksvn and copy all the files and to the C:\PMS\bin folder.
[Begin here if you want to repeat the proces to compile your next build]
- Open your command prompt (cmd.exe) and type:
- cd c:\pms\bin
- svn checkout http://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ ps3mediaserver (let it run, could take quite a while)
- After it is finished, copy all the contents of the bin folder to the folder ps3mediaserver\ps3mediaserver (you only need the ANT files but I am trying to make this easy, not exactly clean
). Then use your command prompt again and type:
- It should compile the build now. After that just copy the contents of the ps3mediaserver folder to your original install folder of the official build. Replace everything (remember that PMS.conf is your configuration file. I have overwritten it to make sure I don't get any compatibility issues, but this also means you have to set everything up in PMS again) Do if you want to keep all your settings, do not overwrite that file.
- After that delete the ps3mediaserver folder from the bin folder. Next time repeat the last few steps again and it should build the latest build for you. It doesn't matter if you copy the ant files and svn files with the PS3mediaserver files over to the official install folder. I tried to make an easy tut. So you can safely remove the ant and svn files from the ps3mediaserver's BUILD up folder if you feel like it. Don't delete them in the PMS\bin folder.
Remember that you need the java development kit from Sun. Download it at http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp