Latest Mac OS X beta build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: Latest Mac OS X beta build

Postby zaxtron » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi Folks,

I did this modded version of PMS/mencoder/mencoder_mt/mplayer that you are talking about.
And I have a newest version with everything working:
- AC3 / DTS / DTS conversion to AC3
- MKV with compressed headers
- Thumbnails
- ASS subtitles support with config options
- Sound sincronization
- ASS subtitles sincronization

To achieve all these features, I had to change PMS/mencoder/mencoder_mt/mplayer source code a lot

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJ563YNP

Zaxtron
zaxtron

Postby j2048b » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:43 am

ZAXTRON! AWESOME JOB, FILES SEEM TO STREAM A BIT BETTER FOR ME!

THANKS PEEPS!
j2048b

Postby ROL » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:10 am

Good job zaxtron. I was looking for a solution for the "MKV with compressed headers" issue. I even asked if somebody can update MEnconder/MPlayer plugins on my thread. The MKV files that were having "no sound" issue worked fine with your version. Subtitles also worked fine even though they were previously working as well I guess. Glad to see there are Mac developers out here. They should use this for the official build and give you the credit. Thanks.
ROL

Postby Redlum » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:44 pm

zaxtron wrote:To achieve all these features, I had to change PMS/mencoder/mencoder_mt/mplayer source code a lot

Any chance you can provide patches and further details on what you changed in PMS? This way we could incorporate it in the official release (with credit of course).
Redlum
Project Member

Postby zaxtron » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi,

These are all modifications I've been made in PS3 Media Server.
I'm sending along with the patches all the binary files (mencoder/mencoder_mt, mplayer, ffmpeg)
I did modify all the binary files too, so they can handle ASS subtitles correctly, sync issues and AC3 fixed (s16int) as ffmpeg have changed from s16int to float point and mencoder does not work with ffmpeg anymore.
Let me know if you have questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Some considerations:
- I don't know if these modifications will work on windows or linux, only tested on MacOSX.
- The AC3 codec changed from "ac3" to "ac3_fixed", new versions of mencoder/ffmpeg will work with this codec, but older versions will not.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MT99U8JE

Zaxtron
zaxtron

Postby Tom Foolery » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 pm

How do I install this patch?
Tom Foolery

Postby zaxtron » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi,

If you don't know how to apply this patch, maybe it would be better for you to download this file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJ563YNP
This is a modded version of PMS with all the patches already applied and compiled, ready to use.

Regards

Zaxtron
zaxtron

Postby MKUltra » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:26 am

zaxtron wrote:Hi,

If you don't know how to apply this patch, maybe it would be better for you to download this file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJ563YNP
This is a modded version of PMS with all the patches already applied and compiled, ready to use.

Regards

Zaxtron

Zaxtron, what were the patches used to compile mplayer, mencoder, and mencoder_mt?
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM OS 10.7.2/Airport Extreme Basestation (Early 2009) Wireless N/PS3-Fatboy 40GB/1Gibps via Cat 6 LAN connection w/ Airport Extreme/PS3 connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-3808CI
MKUltra

Postby mechy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:06 am

Hello,
After I downloaded Zaxtron's awesome 1.21 beta (for MKV issues), now I can't seem to play any of my .M4A iTunes audio files to my Roku Soundbridge; all I hear is static! It's using MPlayer for transcoding, but I know I've played it straight without transcoding using Twonky in the past. I tried altering the .conf render file to change from LPCM to PCM and MP3, but that didn't work. It was working fine with PMS 1.20 beta, but since I like 1.21 better :D , can anyone suggest a fix for this?
Thanks a bunch.
mechy

Postby Wolf » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:33 am

zaxtron wrote:Hi Folks,

I did this modded version of PMS/mencoder/mencoder_mt/mplayer that you are talking about.
And I have a newest version with everything working:
- AC3 / DTS / DTS conversion to AC3
- MKV with compressed headers
- Thumbnails
- ASS subtitles support with config options
- Sound sincronization
- ASS subtitles sincronization

To achieve all these features, I had to change PMS/mencoder/mencoder_mt/mplayer source code a lot

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJ563YNP

Zaxtron

Can someone mirror this build? Megaupload doesn’t seem to like me...
Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds