Latest Mac OS X beta build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: Latest mac beta build

Postby psychowood » Mon May 11, 2009 5:26 pm

j2048b wrote:no what actually needs to happen is you right click the ps3 media server icon, and go to show contents of package and it is all under there!!

That's the way it was before the patch. The downside is, every time you update PMS.app you lose the configuration, because OS X replace the whole package, not just its contents.
psychowood

Postby j2048b » Mon May 11, 2009 5:46 pm

psychowood wrote:
j2048b wrote:no what actually needs to happen is you right click the ps3 media server icon, and go to show contents of package and it is all under there!!

That's the way it was before the patch. The downside is, every time you update PMS.app you lose the configuration, because OS X replace the whole package, not just its contents.

what patch?

i am running the newest beta and i still have to right click the ps3 media server icon and choose package to get to the confg files!!
j2048b

Postby liddokun » Mon May 11, 2009 8:11 pm

j2048b wrote:
psychowood wrote:

what patch?

i am running the newest beta and i still have to right click the ps3 media server icon and choose package to get to the confg files!!

That pms.conf is probably there to give the app a basic configuration for the first start, look into your user's library inside Application Support: there will be a "PS3 Media Server" folder, with a pms.conf file. Also, checking the timestamps the one inside the app says last modified 10 may (and i downloaded the app today) while obviously the one inside the library shows today as the last time it's been modified :)
liddokun

Postby poesel » Mon May 11, 2009 10:27 pm

I just wanted to report that r332 does not resolve issue 235 (Network error 80710736) (not that it is stated anywhere that it would, but its actually the only issue I have with PMS so I thought I should mention it :).
Also I have the (very subjective) feeling that r332 is slower than its predecessors (slower=menu entries should up slower on the PS3)

Running on a G4 with 10.5
poesel

Postby gustavoas » Tue May 12, 2009 1:56 am

shagrath wrote:yep I've seen this one last week, forgot to commit the fix

Was this related to my post Issue 410 "Subtitle is not automatically detected"??
gustavoas

Postby j2048b » Tue May 12, 2009 7:41 am

[/quote]
That pms.conf is probably there to give the app a basic configuration for the first start, look into your user's library inside Application Support: there will be a "PS3 Media Server" folder, with a pms.conf file. Also, checking the timestamps the one inside the app says last modified 10 may (and i downloaded the app today) while obviously the one inside the library shows today as the last time it's been modified :)[/quote]

thanks this helped, but i have a few questions:

what is turbomode? cache? both say false but what do they do?

and what about mencoder _decode? it is empty and only shows an equals sign (=)
j2048b

Postby j2048b » Tue May 12, 2009 7:44 am

i am running the newest beta and i still have to right click the ps3 media server icon and choose package to get to the confg files!![/quote]
That pms.conf is probably there to give the app a basic configuration for the first start, look into your user's library inside Application Support: there will be a "PS3 Media Server" folder, with a pms.conf file. Also, checking the timestamps the one inside the app says last modified 10 may (and i downloaded the app today) while obviously the one inside the library shows today as the last time it's been modified :)[/quote]

thanks this helped, but i have a few questions:

j2048b

Postby liddokun » Tue May 12, 2009 1:51 pm

j2048b wrote:thanks this helped, but i have a few questions:

Honestly i don't know, but if i recall correctly, turbo mode is (was?) an option to send out a slightly different kind of network data. And still if i recall correctly, the developer had a small note about that and the fact that he wasn't sure it would've done anything good.

But wait for someone more prepared than me, just to be safe :)
liddokun

Postby j2048b » Tue May 12, 2009 2:27 pm

liddokun wrote:
j2048b wrote:thanks this helped, but i have a few questions:

Honestly i don't know, but if i recall correctly, turbo mode is (was?) an option to send out a slightly different kind of network data. And still if i recall correctly, the developer had a small note about that and the fact that he wasn't sure it would've done anything good.

But wait for someone more prepared than me, just to be safe :)

Thanks for the input!!
j2048b

Postby pmos69 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Turbo mode should enable the TCP_NODELAY option.
It's a TCP-IP option that basically disables the Nagle algorithm.
Teoretically you can stream better with the Nagle algorithm disabled, since packets are sent imediately and there is no packet "agregation".

Anyway, I think the TCP_NODELAY option is used by default by the HTTP Server.
Don't know if the turbo option is actually doing anything at this time...
pmos69

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds