TV Tuner Live TV Plugin

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

TV Tuner Live TV Plugin

Postby Dan_Aykroyd » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi!

I've looked around here and I've seen some posts about this but without any conclusion... Is there actually some plugin in development, method, beta, whatever, to try this?

I think I've read that with VLC you could do this, but I had no idea on how to. I think that something that streams TV from our hardware tuners in our computers to our TVs would be awesome and would be the only thing missing from the streaming experience in the PS3.

You may ask "why do you need that?". Well, in my case because my TV is NTSC and my cable is PAL, so it doesn't work in if I directly connect it there. In other cases, some users may not have and embedded tuner in their TV (monitors).

In some way, Nero MediaHome supports this, but is really outdated and is a piece-o-crap tool. I only made it work for like 10 seconds, then it crashed, and never worked again until I format my computer. Then again, works for 10 seconds and BAM, never again.

So, if you have anything to comment, please do! Thanks! :P
Dan_Aykroyd

Re: TV Tuner Live TV Plugin

Postby tmonster » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:57 am

consider also that there are network tuners like the HD Homerun
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6815327005
they stream the tv signal for any pc on the network
ahaaaah?
tmonster

Re: TV Tuner Live TV Plugin

Postby Dan_Aykroyd » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 am

Ehmm... maybe because it's free and you don't need to buy anything else? How 'bout that? :roll:
Dan_Aykroyd

Return to Additions and Plugins