Channel plugin (Updated 12-06-23)

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Channel plugin (Updated 12-05-01)

Postby darklink911 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 am

glenrocks wrote:Darklink911- Try using this link ( http://gskinner.com/RegExr/ )to change the matcher for new kanal5 site format...paste the url source and check regular expression-matcher. I dont use kanal so dont have new version. Sharkhunter actually has very comprehensive tutorial to update your .ch file ( https://github.com/SharkHunter/Channel/ ... ter/README )

yeah... Programming, the only thing in the world that I really want to learn, the thing that I believe is very good to know, but also the one thing I have the hardest time to understand.

I read the guide and understood everything except the regular expression part in the matcher which is the only thing that really matters. And I didn't understand how your gskinner link would work either. But while I was trying to understand the old matching system I found that kanal5 still had their old website left under zombie.kanal5play.se so i could just exchange the "www" part in every url to "zombie for a temporary 11b version until someone else finds the need to update the kanal5 ch.
darklink911

Postby SharkHunter » Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

You almost manage without me :)

darklink911 - Yes Kanal5 changed their layout and now the .ch I made doesn't work. So it needs to be updated, and if it's possible I'll make it when time emerges...

glenrocks - Is the tvsector -> iolivetv automatic or do I need to change some stuff? As for the transcoder stuff I haven't seen it, any logs?
SharkHunter

Postby glenrocks » Fri May 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Sharkhunter- The switch is automatic if the advanced option has app value specified which is ilt for tvsector.. so app=ilt (or -a "ilt") makes the switch on its own..otherwise its direct hit. Seems like they are playing with multiple rtmp wow servers setup.

I also noticed that some of channel rtmpdump command contructs are missing swfurl..I tried playing with prop from nothing to live to matchdoitall but not sure why some constructs are complete and other are not. Will have to dig deeper and let you know unless you already know the issue..lol..so please do share.

As for transcoder, the funny part is that same links do end up working if tried multiple times (if pipe connects) as I do see transcoded buffer filling but no bitrate..so dont know whats the sequence of PS3 build or its just problem with either ffmpeg/mencoder/ps3/timeouts/impatient-renderer...normal logs interestingly don't show anything wrong with those streams somehow. I can try getting detailed debug mode log which I haven't till now..so will share that soon.

Code: Select all
INFO [New I/O server worker #1-2] Starting transcode/remux of [B]Sky News HD[/B]

INFO [StartPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.1.152, file: rtmpdump://rtmp2pms?-r=rtmp%3A%2F%2Ftv.webport.tv%2Filt&-y=z050227.stream&-s=http%3A%2F%2Fioslivetv.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fjw-player-plugin-for-wordpress%2Fplayer%2Fplayer.swf&-p=http%3A%2F%2Fioslivetv.net%2Fsky-news-hd%2F&timeout=10&-a=ilt&timeout=30&-v&-v

INFO[StopPlaying Event]
glenrocks

Postby SharkHunter » Sat May 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi all,

I updated Channels with a new feature called "Local Playlist". What's this? It is an extension of the "navix_upload" feature. If you add "channels.navix_upload = xxx" to your PMS.conf then (on every media) you'll get an "Upload to NAviX option" (this is old). The new thing is that if the upload playlist (the xxx) is set to local (and exactly local) then you'll not upload to NaviX but instead you'll save it to a local playlist file (found under Local Playist in the Channels folder. Cool hah? To make it even better if you set the xxx to local,xxx Channels will both store to the local playlist and upload it to the NaviX playlist (named xx in this example)! Good to use when watching all those RTMPLists....
SharkHunter

Re: Channel plugin (Updated 12-05-12)

Postby kasquan » Sat May 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Hello all,

Can someone help me with this issue I am having with rtmpdump.exe not closing from the task manager when I stop watching a channel. I have noticed that each time I open a new rtmp channel the rtmpdump.exe files starts again and when I exit the channel it stays in the task manager. Sometimes there are like 10 rtmpdump.exe process in the task manager and I have to manually end the process. I guess my question would be, is there a way to fix this, where rtmpdump.exe closes when you exit the channel.

I appreciate the help.
kasquan

Postby glenrocks » Sat May 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Will have to try these new features as I never used navix_upload feature and also cache feature..so more detailed examples would be nice :) shall try though.

Kasquan- those multiple rtmpdump.exe happen when you click on working-but-not-delivered-to-renderer streams many times and/or close working streams-- then they take time to close as PS3 build has its own closeout steps (and slow)..so they should finally close on its own. This is true even when PS3 is installed as service. However this slow cleanup does affect new input streams till then and bites resources. So till PS3 cleanup process (or possible culprit - ffmpeg build interaction with librtmp) improves, one has to close them manually or through rtmpdump.groovy file. Not a clean solution though.
glenrocks

Postby SharkHunter » Sun May 13, 2012 9:15 am

kasquan - as glenrocks points out this is a problem that can occur feom time to time. Normally the ffmpeg/rtmpdump process dies when the stream is terminated but I've seen (espicially if I use my BRAVIA tv) that it launches more than one process and only closes one of the launched ones. No real good solution found yet. But if you need the resources and needs to make sure that you don't have any old process lurking around you can restart the PMS. If you use SHB there is an option in the XMB (at the top) which restarts the PMS which automatically kills ALL process spawned by PMS.

glenrocks - The details are simple. Activate the navix upload by adding the navix_upload to your PMS.conf. If you don't have an account at NaviX set it to local to try it out. You must have save enabled to. On each media entry you'll now get an entry called "Upload to NaviX" click it and the media url etc. will be stored on your locla playlist/NaviX playlist. Go into Local Playlist folder, hopefully less clicking around.
As a to much knowledge detail in the channles folder there is a dir called data here you'll find your local playlist file (it's called navix_local.plx). So if you feel a need to edit it this is the place.
The cacheing is automatic. A folder can have a cahce property which means that it stores the page fetched from the url locally. The main purpose is to improve browse speed but also to still have a working copy if the remote sit goes offline...So far only the rtmplist/rtmpGui channels have been blessed with the cache property.
SharkHunter

Postby SharkHunter » Sun May 13, 2012 10:19 am

To all who craves for swedish Kanal5 hers an update of that. It now is complete independet on the get_flash_videos script so it should be easier to install.
Open the kanl5.ch and replace the contents with this. SHB updates etc. will be on it's way later. Today too much footbal for that.
Code: Select all
version=0.20

channel Kanal5Play {
   img=http://www.kanal5play.se/themes/kanal5/images/logo.png
   var {
   disp_name=Bitrate
   var_name=br
   values=450,900,250
   suffix=Kbps
   }
   folder {
   name=A-Z
   type=ATZ
   url=http://www.kanal5play.se/program
   folder {
      matcher=a href=\"(/prog[^\"]+)\"[^>]+>([^<]+)</a>
      order=url,name
      url=http://www.kanal5play.se
      folder {
         # Seasons
         matcher=class=\"season-header\">([^<]+)</h2>\s*[^>]+>\s*<a href=\"([^\"]+)\" class=\"ajax sbs-button sbs-button-list\">
         order=name,url
         url=http://www.kanal5play.se
         folder {
            #<h4 class="title"><a href="/program/223047/video/280395" class="ajax">Storslagen final hägrar i 100 höjdare</a></h4>
            matcher=/video/([^\"]+)\"[^>]+>([^<]+)</a></h4>
            order=url,name
            url=http://www.kanal5play.se/api/getVideo?format=FLASH&videoId=
            media {
               matcher=\"bitrate\":@#br@#000,\"source\":\"([^\"]+)\",\"drmProtected\":false}],\"streamBaseUrl\":\"([^\"]+)\"
               order=playpath,url
               put=swfVfy=http://www.kanal5play.se/flash/StandardPlayer.swf
            }
         }
      }
   }
}

SharkHunter

Postby darklink911 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:03 am

SharkHunter wrote:To all who craves for swedish Kanal5 hers an update of that. It now is complete independet on the get_flash_videos script so it should be easier to install.
Open the kanl5.ch and replace the contents with this. SHB updates etc. will be on it's way later. Today too much footbal for that.

You're the best.
It works perfectly now. I just had to go in to bitrate settings and press the 900kbs option to disable it and the media shows up. I suppose that has to do with something that the kanal5 player has "auto - low - high" settings on quality so it goes into auto somehow when the 900kbps is disabled.
Just wanted to write that if someone else gets a similar problem. But after that the ch works perfectly.
darklink911

Postby SharkHunter » Sun May 13, 2012 12:42 pm

This with bitrates is a bit of a nightmare. I picked 450 as default on Kanal5 (why? how knows?) with the possiblity to change. The problem is that some shows don't show at that bitrate (and others don't show at 900 for example). What could be done is to have all 3 and only match the first but then you can't choose yourself anymore. Tricky stuff this... At least you got the choice to make and select the bitrate that works best for you...
SharkHunter

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins