GrooveShark plugin!! (Updated 2012-02-07)

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: GrooveShark plugin!!

Postby afortes » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:39 pm

SharkHunter wrote:Yes it is some crappy coder that can't spell correctly. :)
Try a new version
https://sites.google.com/site/sharkhunt ... ects=0&d=1

Thank you for the fast reply SharkHunter it solves my problem with delay but i still get unsupported data. Have to check it later.
Best regards and thank you for the plugin
afortes

Postby Faceman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks for searching for a solution for my problem.

I´ve installed the newer version of your plugin but still not working.
i deactivated the firewall but i always get the DNLA error.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1do3ppz515m7436
Faceman

Postby SharkHunter » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi all,

Some cosmetic changes only. I try to solve Facemans trouble again. I've tried to plug every possible hole in the county part of the code.
SharkHunter

Postby SharkHunter » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:54 am

I have finally started to use git (and github) more regulary. From now on find the plugin on github https://github.com/downloads/SharkHunte ... plugin.jar
SharkHunter

Postby emveepee » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:26 pm

SharkHunter, thank you for this plugin it is working very well so far for me. I have been using it on my own UPnP client that runs on Win32 PC's (and other extenders too) and I have the following suggestion. Based on the UPnP detected client, after typing a letter to search, instead of returning a new content ID with no content, could you return the same ID? I can then check for this duplicate ID, reload the page, and I would not put it on the stack at the client side.

Thanks again.

Martin
emveepee

Postby Faceman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Cause this Plugin is still not working for me im using retro.grooveshark.com Seems its the formerly flash based version and it works pretty well.
Faceman

Postby emveepee » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:22 am

It's still working nicely for me. Here's a look at my PC/NMT client on NPVR tonight http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php? ... n-Universe

Martin
emveepee

Postby SharkHunter » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:52 am

Faceman - if you still have trouble with the country stuff you can add "gs_plugin.country" to your PMS.conf and pick the country string from the retro page.

emveepee - can't control that it's the PMS that controls that. I have myself left my crappy search system and instead added a search patch (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8780) to PMS which allows me to issues real searches (= send a string direct to grooveshark) from my DLNA client/remote apps I've done. Makes life simpler then the original crappy search system which was made for BRAVIA etc.
SharkHunter

Postby emveepee » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:07 am

Thanks SharkHunter, but don't undersell your plugin's search, it is a nice work, and with a 10' interface and no keyboard, it is still very functional. I can probably make me client a little smarter to deal with this anyway (just auto return/reload to letter based searches with no results), I thought it might be slightly easier for you.

Martin
emveepee

Postby SharkHunter » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 am

I did a try in the first versions of the plugin to have some auto-reload or similar. It of course didn't work, but I'll have a look and see if it is possible to be somewhat smarter. Yes for the search is nice for my TV. But there are some smartness built in (like saved searches), and now my search patch...
SharkHunter

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins