PMSEncoder - Web Video Streaming Plugin

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Web video streams

Postby Alyred » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:13 am

chocolateboy wrote:
Alyred wrote:My PS3 just tells me that the content cannot be played and gives a code

The Comedy Central feeds should be fixed in the next release.

Unfortunately, after upgrading to 2.0.0, I'm still unable to load any of the comedy central, Onion, or TED feeds. Something is still not working correctly in my configuration, I'm just damned if I can't figure out what it is.
Alyred

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:53 am

Alyred wrote:Something is still not working correctly in my configuration

youtube-dl needs an additional program — RTMPDump — for some sites. As of PMSEncoder 2.0.0, downloaders placed in the PMS plugins directory (or PATH directories) are detected automatically:

1. Shut down PMS and remove the youtube-dl.path (and python.path, which isn't needed for youtube-dl.exe) line from your PMS.conf
  2. Extract rtmpdump.exe from the latest rtmpdump-windows.zip (direct link) and move it to the PMS plugins directory
  3. Save youtube-dl.exe (direct link) to the PMS plugins directory

Also try removing the other plugins while troubleshooting. And start by trying to stream an Apple trailer, since they don't require youtube-dl.

If it still doesn't work, reproduce the issue and post the debug.log, PMS.conf and pmsencoder.log.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby Alyred » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:53 am

chocolateboy wrote:
Alyred wrote:Something is still not working correctly in my configuration

youtube-dl needs an additional program — RTMPDump — for some sites. As of PMSEncoder 2.0.0, downloaders placed in the PMS plugins directory (or PATH directories) are detected automatically:

1. Shut down PMS and remove the youtube-dl.path (and python.path, which isn't needed for youtube-dl.exe) line from your PMS.conf
  2. Extract rtmpdump.exe from the latest rtmpdump-windows.zip and move it to the PMS plugins directory
  3. Save youtube-dl.exe (direct link) to the PMS plugins directory

Also try removing the other plugins while troubleshooting. And start by trying to stream an Apple trailer, since they don't require youtube-dl.

If it still doesn't work, reproduce the issue and post the debug.log, PMS.conf and pmsencoder.log.

Getting better results on the PS3. Still some issues on my Android client, but I believe those may be related to renderers. I'm currently using BubblePnP and wondershare player, and I get about 30 seconds in to an apple trailer and it quits -- the buffer goes from around 30% to 0% and drops. May have to look more into that portion.

Otherwise, things seem to be working better with the changes you suggested. Thank you for the plug-in and the help!
Alyred

Re: PMSEncoder - Web Video Streaming Plugin

Postby martinamw » Thu May 15, 2014 2:25 am

I recently updated to latest pmsencoder (2.0.0) and pms 1.9.0, but now my groovy script isn't working.

It seems like $DOWNLOADER_OUT is no longer recognized.

Here is part of my script:
downloader = [ "/bin/sh", "-c", "get_iplayer --pid b0444xbn --modes=flashhigh2,flashhd2 --stream >> $DOWNLOADER_OUT"]

And pmsencoder.log:
downloader: ['/bin/sh', '-c', '/home/me/get_iplayer/get_iplayer --pid b0444xbn --modes=flashhigh2,flashhd2 --stream >> $DOWNLOADER_OUT']

It seems like pmsencoder no longer recognizes the $DOWNLOADER_OUT variable ?

Can anyone help ? Thanks in Advance !
martinamw

Postby chocolateboy » Wed May 21, 2014 11:31 pm

martinamw wrote:downloader = [ "/bin/sh", "-c", "get_iplayer --pid b0444xbn --modes=flashhigh2,flashhd2 --stream >> $DOWNLOADER_OUT"]

Try removing the dollar sign from $DOWNLOADER_OUT:

Code: Select all
downloader = [ "/bin/sh", "-c", "get_iplayer --pid b0444xbn --modes=flashhigh2,flashhd2 --stream >> DOWNLOADER_OUT"]

There are lots of other script changes in 2.0.0, so if that doesn't work post or PM me the script and I'll update it. Alternatively, take a look at the builtin scripts:

https://github.com/chocolateboy/pmsenco ... es/scripts
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby oOo » Mon May 26, 2014 3:30 am

Hi,

PMS 1.90.0 + PMSEncoder 2.0.0 under debian squeeze

On remote server :

vlc -vvv file.avi -I dummy --sout "#standard{access=http,mux=ts,dst=192.168.0.1:8089/stream}" --ttl 12

in local WEB.conf :

videostream.Web,TV=Stream,http://192.168.0.1:8089/stream

In debug.log :

DEBUG 2014-05-26 03:51:54.844 [Thread-45] Unrecognized option 'c:a'
DEBUG 2014-05-26 03:51:54.844 [Thread-45] Failed to set value 'ac3' for option 'c:a'

any idea how to bypass that ?

Thanks
oOo

Postby martinamw » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:26 am

Thanks chocolateboy,

I did try removing the dollar sign, and all different variations. For some reason it's not parsing out the variable, even though the built-in scripts work, like youtube and ted talks.

If you could update this script, I'd really appreciate it. It's a pretty straight forward script.

This setup works in: PS3MediaServer 1.71, PMSEncoder 1.6.2

WEB.conf:
videofeed.BBC iPlayer=http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/popular/tv

bbciplayer.groovy
script {
    profile ('BBC iPlayer') {
        pattern {
            match $URI: '^http://www\\.bbc\\.co\\.uk/iplayer/episode/(?<pid>........)/'
        }

action {
            $DOWNLOADER = [ "/bin/sh", "-c", "/server/get_iplayer/get_iplayer --pid ${pid} --modes=flashhigh2,flashhd2 --partial-proxy --raw --overwrite attempts 5 --stream >> ${DOWNLOADER_OUT}"]
        }
    }
}

----

chocolateboy wrote:
martinamw wrote:downloader = [ "/bin/sh", "-c", "get_iplayer --pid b0444xbn --modes=flashhigh2,flashhd2 --stream >> $DOWNLOADER_OUT"]

Try removing the dollar sign from $DOWNLOADER_OUT:

downloader = [ "/bin/sh", "-c", "get_iplayer --pid b0444xbn --modes=flashhigh2,flashhd2 --stream >> DOWNLOADER_OUT"]

There are lots of other script changes in 2.0.0, so if that doesn't work post or PM me the script and I'll update it. Alternatively, take a look at the builtin scripts:

https://github.com/chocolateboy/pmsenco ... es/scripts
martinamw

Postby martinamw » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:06 am

How do i make PMSEncoder not encode the video ?
The groovy script I created transcodes it from flash to mp4, but i think PMSEncoder is then encoding it to MPEG2 ?
martinamw

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:21 am

martinamw wrote:If you could update this script, I'd really appreciate it.

Untested, but something like this should work:

script {
    profile ('BBC iPlayer') {
        pattern {
            match uri: '^http://www\\.bbc\\.co\\.uk/iplayer/episode/(?<pid>\w+)/'
        }

action {
            downloader = [
                '/bin/sh',
                '-c',
                "/server/get_iplayer/get_iplayer --pid $pid --modes=flashhigh2,flashhd2 --partial-proxy --raw --overwrite --attempts 5 --stream >> DOWNLOADER_OUT"
            ]
        }
    }
}
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby martinamw » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:46 am

Thanks for that, it is working now.

A few more questions: Is it possible for the XML playlists in WEB.conf get reloaded ? Right now, I usually just restart PMS to make it reload the playlists.

Also, I've done a lot of research on this, and don't think it's possible. But what's your take on sending video from pmsencoder to PMS in video/mp4 format.
That way it could just be re-muxed into mp4 container, as my audio and video source are already supported. (h264 & libaac). I've tried, setting the mime type, setting a custom ffmpeg output command, but no luck streaming to ps3 / iphone or / android.

Thanks
martinamw

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins