Plugin: Shutdown computer via UPNP

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Plugin: Shutdown computer via UPNP

Postby el.botijo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi, everyone,
this is a plugin I helped create. The idea is simple: your bottom sits on top of the couch, and you do not want to move to shut down your computer after the movie you saw. So you go to this option and the computer shuts down. As simple as that.

Original discussion: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5558
Download plugin (source code included): http://sites.google.com/site/elbotijomm ... ects=0&d=1

You just need to download it into the PMS/plugins directory, and the next time you start PMS, the plugin will be there for you.

I helped creating the plugin, but I am NOT using this, so I do not care so much as per the code. It works on Windows, needs to do some things for Linux and does not work on Mac. Only English.

I would like somebody to take care of the code and polish it. I will NOT monitor this thread, so you are on your own.

Enjoy.
el.botijo

Re: Plugin: Shutdown computer via UPNP

Postby marco275 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:40 pm

el.botijo wrote:your bottom sits on top of the couch, and you do not want to move to shut down your computer after the movie you saw.
:lol:
Or you first have to start another PC/remote desktop to shutdown your server ;)

So i'm very geatfull for your efforts, thnx.
marco275

Postby ottoman1384 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:05 pm

Works amazing with new beta build. Not with older version I had. But I am having more trouble playing divx files with the new beta then the one I had before.

But I love this plugin!!!
ottoman1384

Postby Disector » Sun May 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi!!
Cool, thanks for sharing this plugin. One question: Do you plan to create a plugin which starts the PC? -> WOL? Or Return from Standby?

Thanks!!
Disector

Postby ExSport » Sun May 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Disector wrote:Hi!!
Cool, thanks for sharing this plugin. One question: Do you plan to create a plugin which starts the PC? -> WOL? Or Return from Standby?
Thanks!!

Logically impossible.
How do you want to wake up comp via plugin which is "sleeping" and PS3 can't see this computer in standby? 8-)
You can wake up computer by "pinging" your comp via PS3 Internet browser or via router if it supports it.
ExSport

Postby cjpitt80 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Does this work on the latest STABLE version?? Where are the plugin files located in the program directory?
Intel Core i7-920/12GB RAM
Pioneer elite pro 141/Yamaha RX-V1900/Onyko DV-SP506/Sony PS3 Slim 120G
Definitive Techlology Mythos Fronts Series 1 Center Series 8 Rears Mythos Gem
SVS PC-12 Plus
Verizon FiOS
All cables and wires from www.bluejeanscable.com
cjpitt80

Postby chocolateboy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:18 pm

cjpitt80 wrote:Does this work on the latest STABLE version?? Where are the plugin files located in the program directory?

Rather than repeatedly asking whether plugins work in a version of PMS that's 15 months old, I suggest you just install the latest beta, as has already been suggested:

meskibob wrote:r410 is actually pretty stable
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby cjpitt80 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:06 pm

r410 doesn't work on my setup. I cannot stream full 1080p with DTS. Thanks for your concern choclateboy
Intel Core i7-920/12GB RAM
Pioneer elite pro 141/Yamaha RX-V1900/Onyko DV-SP506/Sony PS3 Slim 120G
Definitive Techlology Mythos Fronts Series 1 Center Series 8 Rears Mythos Gem
SVS PC-12 Plus
Verizon FiOS
All cables and wires from www.bluejeanscable.com
cjpitt80

Postby chocolateboy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:48 pm

cjpitt80 wrote:r410 doesn't work on my setup. I cannot stream full 1080p with DTS.

If there's a regression in the latest version, report it - either in the beta forum or on the official site. That's what "beta" means.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby Mranonoman » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:23 am

Very cool plugin! Been pondering how to do something like this for a long time... now I can keep being lazy and have it :).

ExSport wrote:
Disector wrote:Hi!!
Thanks!!

Logically impossible.
How do you want to wake up comp via plugin which is "sleeping" and PS3 can't see this computer in standby? 8-)
You can wake up computer by "pinging" your comp via PS3 Internet browser or via router if it supports it.

Of course it is impossible to wake the PC w/ the media server plugin.... but how hard is it to wake pc w/ PS3? Could I make a link on the PS3 that pings the PC and wakes it up (if I have a stationary IP on PC)? I'm gunna give it a shot now.

Tony
Mranonoman

Next

Return to Additions and Plugins