X360: 5.1 DTS/AC3 movies now supported! (magma)

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: X360: 5.1 DTS/AC3 movies now supported! (magma)

Postby Dyamalos » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:16 am

I was wondering if there was going to be a magma update for PMS1.3. Here's my problem:

While I have a PS3, the 360 slim's 802.11n works better for HD. I have a file (.mkv) with a DTS audio track. It plays on my PC with WMP and VLC. But if I try to re-encode it, the encoder crashes. This happens with older PMS, Tversity, and mkv2vob, etc. The only thing that works for it is PMS1.3.1. (Also tried encode with VLC, it fails too)

There's also a little problem with the older PMS, while they would detect my hexacore, I could only choose 1, 2, 4, and 8 cores; not 6.

I can play the thing just fine on the PS3, as long as I have it encode to AC3, but since I can't get the network wired from my PC to the room with the sound system, it doesn't help. The 360 plays it, but only in stereo.

I've also tried updating the mencoder.exes. but that doesn't work either.

Just wondering if there's a way to get it working with 1.3.1.
Dyamalos

Re: X360: 5.1 DTS/AC3 movies now supported! (magma)

Postby eidechsel » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:24 am

Hi!
First - thanks to everybody in this forum - it helped me al lot when setting up my PMS.

I just have one question: since ffmgeg supports WMApro, which settings do I need to get out multichannel-audio on my X360 with PMS running on a linux machine?

thanks & best regards,
eidechsel

Previous

Return to Additions and Plugins