PMS GIT Builder Tool

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3MS SVN Builder Tool

Postby lightglitch » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:41 pm

BlackSunshine wrote:Here are both log files.

First: did you delete the source code folder before executing?
Second: are you using the latest bat version?
Third: Try to run it in a path without '. "D:\App's" could be a problem, spaces are not an issue because I have them in my path and it works ok.
lightglitch a.k.a Mário Franco
lightglitch
Project Member

Postby BlackSunshine » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:01 pm

lightglitch wrote:
BlackSunshine wrote:Here are both log files.

First: did you delete the source code folder before executing?
Second: are you using the latest bat version?
Third: Try to run it in a path without '. "D:\App's" could be a problem, spaces are not an issue because I have them in my path and it works ok.

To answer your questions:

Yes
Yes
I'll try that, thanks.

edit:

That solved the problem! Thanks!
BlackSunshine

Postby strictlyfocused » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:47 am

Ive updated the first post with a new version (1.2) that Ive been using for a little while. Glad to see so many people are using and making their own modifications of this tool. Thank you for all the kind words!!

Code: Select all
https://hotfile.com/dl/151278157/54b3288/PMS_SVN_Builder_1.2.rar.html

edit - 31-Mar-2012
   - Added version 1.2
   -- Improved batch file
   --- tee.exe is now used to split stdout between the log file and the console so you can see what changes are being pulled
   --- Added script comment explaining how to checkout a specific revision (:: -r switch for specfic revision (eg. -r 850))
   -- updated to SlikSVN 1.7.2
   -- updated to JDK 1.7.0_02

Here is an example of what the SlikSVN line should look like if you want to check out a specific revision. Replace "850" with whatever revision you want:
SlikSVN_1.7.2\bin\svn.exe checkout http://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ps3mediaserver/ -r 850 | tee svn_checkout.log

Which brings me to why I didnt update the repo url to use github. Switching to github will require me to rewrite major portions of this script and also potentially require different programs than what Im already using (Ant, SlikSVN, etc). I just didnt have time to make those kind of changes. It will be updated eventually ...
strictlyfocused

Postby BlackSunshine » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 am

Not sure what the issue is but I just started having problems building. Here is the error I get.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.11:test (default-test) on project pms: There are test failures.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Please refer to D:\PS3 Media Server\PMS GIT Builder\ps3mediaserver\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.11:test (default-test) on project pms: There are test fai
lures.

Please refer to D:\PS3 Media Server\PMS GIT Builder\ps3mediaserver\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:213)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: There are test failures.

Please refer to D:\PS3 Media Server\PMS GIT Builder\ps3mediaserver\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefireHelper.reportExecution(SurefireHelper.java:87)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefirePlugin.writeSummary(SurefirePlugin.java:651)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefirePlugin.handleSummary(SurefirePlugin.java:625)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.executeAfterPreconditionsChecked(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:136)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.execute(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:97)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
        ... 19 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
A duplicate file name exists, or the file
cannot be found.
BlackSunshine

Postby taconaut » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:36 am

@BlackSunshine
Looks like the newly added tests for file encodings don't pass (http://pms.smoeller.de/job/pms%20(trunk)/254/). Wait for them to get fixed and it will build fine again.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby BlackSunshine » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:40 am

taconaut wrote:@BlackSunshine
Looks like the newly added tests for file encodings don't pass (http://pms.smoeller.de/job/pms%20(trunk)/254/). Wait for them to get fixed and it will build fine again.

Seeing as 1.60.0 was released on the 17th, I'll assume its based off of build #236 ?

edited for accuracy BlackSunshine
BlackSunshine

Postby strictlyfocused » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Im actively working on updating my script to use maven & github instead of Ant & Google Code. Once thats done I will try to find a better place to host these files instead of POS hotfile.
Last edited by strictlyfocused on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
strictlyfocused

Re: PMS SVN Builder Tool

Postby strictlyfocused » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:09 am

First post has been updated with the new version. The script has been updated to use the new GitHub url along with using Maven to compile. Since GitHub doesn't give us a revision number like we got from Google Code I had to update the build script to rename the compiled installer differently. It will now parse the revision date and project version to use when it renames the installer.

I'm also trying out sendspace to host the rar file, but I don't have much experience using their service so it may get moved eventually.

As always, feel free to comment.
strictlyfocused

Re: PMS GIT Builder Tool

Postby strictlyfocused » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Ive updated the first post with a new version ...
strictlyfocused

Previous

Return to Additions and Plugins