PMS GIT Builder Tool

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3MS SVN Builder Tool

Postby mazey » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:51 am

jimm0thy wrote:
strictlyfocused wrote:Would it be worthwhile to make a version that compiles PMS using the x64 JDK? I dont know if the compiled files are any different vs those compiled with the x86 JDK that is currently being used.

I replaced the JDK with the 64bit version , and there was no difference in complied files. Windows still shows it as a 32bit app.

i upgraded jdk and sliksvn to 64 bit it works nicely pity theres no apache ant 64bit version that is where it takes the longest to compile.
mazey

Postby marco275 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Is it just me, or doesn't this tool work anymore?
I get the message build.xml does not exist..
Build failed.

Oke, it does work. only took about an hour to compile instead of a few minutes.
marco275

Postby tmknight » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Sorry to re-awaken this thread, but having only just discovered this terrific idea, I wanted to post my suggested changes to promote more control (files attached):
  • BUILD_PMS_SVN_TMKv1-0.cmd: Prompts for desired revision number to give some control over which version you download in case you don't want to be too bleeding edge, simply input the number at the prompt (e.g. 716). This script "exports" the SVN tree to "[script directory]\ps3mediaserver_r[number]", then compiles.
  • BUILD_PMS_SVN_CompileOnly_TMKv1-0.cmd: As you make your own tweaks/modifications to the contents, this will allow you to re-compile (e.g. I prefer specific versions of MEncoder and have a customized renderer).
Both assume:
  • ANT_HOME=%~dp0apache-ant_1.8.2 (apache-ant_1.8.2 directory in the same directory as the the scripts when executed)
  • JAVA_HOME=%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jdk1.6.0_26 (JDK 6u26 natively installed: 32-bit OS, 32-bit JDK %systemdrive%\program files; 64-bit OS; 64-bit JDK %systemdrive%\program files)
  • SlikSVN is natively installed and in PATH (i.e. you can run svn.exe without calling the path to svn.exe)

• NOTE: If you'd rather keep everything in the same directory, hopefully it will be obvious where to make the appropriate changes in the scripts to redirect the calls to that path
Cheers!
Attachments
PMS_SVN_Builder.zip
(2.34 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
SubJunk Build or Custom from SVN (depends on my mood)
Xubuntu x64 (3.2)
AMD 64 X2 4800+ [OC 2.8GHz]
4GB DDR2
JRE 6 u[latest]
Sony KDL-40W5100
tmknight

Postby marco275 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:33 am

tmknight wrote:Sorry to re-awaken this thread, but having only just discovered this terrific idea, I wanted to post my suggested changes to promote more control (files attached):
  • BUILD_PMS_SVN_TMKv1-0.cmd: Prompts for desired revision number to give some control over which version you download in case you don't want to be too bleeding edge, simply input the number at the prompt (e.g. 716). This script "exports" the SVN tree to "[script directory]\ps3mediaserver_r[number]", then compiles.
  • BUILD_PMS_SVN_CompileOnly_TMKv1-0.cmd: As you make your own tweaks/modifications to the contents, this will allow you to re-compile (e.g. I prefer specific versions of MEncoder and have a customized renderer).
Both assume:
  • ANT_HOME=%~dp0apache-ant_1.8.2 (apache-ant_1.8.2 directory in the same directory as the the scripts when executed)
  • JAVA_HOME=%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jdk1.6.0_26 (JDK 6u26 natively installed: 32-bit OS, 32-bit JDK %systemdrive%\program files; 64-bit OS; 64-bit JDK %systemdrive%\program files)
  • SlikSVN is natively installed and in PATH (i.e. you can run svn.exe without calling the path to svn.exe)

• NOTE: If you'd rather keep everything in the same directory, hopefully it will be obvious where to make the appropriate changes in the scripts to redirect the calls to that path
Cheers!

Hi, peronaly i'm a "bleeding edge" guy, so i don't know if i'm gonna use it, but good to know that there is the possebility if i want to use it in the future. And it is great there is some development on this tool, i use it often. So thnx.
marco275

Postby mazey » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:28 am

i just wish it showed all the files it was updating but i dont think its possible anymore cuz its > it into a file it uses to add the revision # to the file. there are quite a few pauses grabbing big files and u cant see it happening cuz of the output to the file. so people might not think its working or frozen just give it time.
mazey

Postby marco275 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:02 am

Hi,
Since al the PMS files allegedly being moved from Google code to GitHub shortly would it be possible for someone to update this tool so that it will keep functioning. Since i'm not a programmer I haven't got the slightest idea how to do that myself ;)

thanks ahead.
marco275

Postby lightglitch » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:11 am

Here is the version of PS3MS Builder Tool for git, try it.

http://www.multiupload.com/HRB3IIR92B
lightglitch a.k.a Mário Franco
lightglitch
Project Member

Postby mazey » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:01 pm

lightglitch wrote:Here is the version of PS3MS Builder Tool for git, try it.

thx, works good.
mazey

Postby marco275 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:02 pm

lightglitch wrote:Here is the version of PS3MS Builder Tool for git, try it.

Great!! Thank you very much! :)
marco275

Postby lightglitch » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:17 pm

Update the bat file of the GIT builder with this one.

Edit: I recommend to delete always the source before building it because the update is not working correctly, I will try to fix that in the future.
Attachments
BUILD_PMS_GIT.zip
(630 Bytes) Downloaded 152 times
lightglitch a.k.a Mário Franco
lightglitch
Project Member

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins