PS3-Radio: How to add thousands of radio station to PS3MS

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3-Radio: How to add thousands of radio station to PS3

Postby devildog93 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:01 pm

I used my router to block it. That way all 3 computers that have PS3 Media Server with the plugin don't need to be individually blocked. I just cut the whole network off from accessing the site.

How to do that on your router, that's on you. I can maybe help you if you happen to be using a DIR-655 Xtreme N GB router with stock D-Link firmware.
devildog93

Postby nickoo0 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:02 pm

I ran World Radio on my PC and generated the list and thought I might as well share the stations that it generated.

I had to block http://radio3.siknet.com so that station/s is missing but the rest should be there.

This was updated on the 13th April 2011 at about 10am (UK time)

I have added to Fileserve if anyone wants it

http://www.fileserve.com/file/gt6mTNN
nickoo0

Postby autech » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 pm

I would like to say thanks for this great addon, it has bought me many hours of listening pleasure streaming to my system via ps3ms. Added my favourites with no problem and have found any help i needed contained within this thread. Great Job.
autech

Postby madglee » Sun May 08, 2011 5:32 am

This would be a great program, and I appreciate your effort. However, it doesn't work. I have Win7 32bit, extracted the files, went through the steps, and on step three I just get "Runtime Error 75 Path/Access Error." I see this was mentioned in a previous post but couldn't find any resolution to it. Damn. I tried downloading again and placing things in various places, but doesn't work. Obviously, some of you have been successful, and I'd love to hear how. Did you extract all the files to the PS3 Media Server directory in C:/Program Files/PS3 Media Server? Not sure what else I would do.

Unless I hear otherwise, anyone finding this post should probably assume this doesn't actually work nowadays. I do know what I'm doing, and it doesn't work to stream anything to the PS3.
madglee

Postby nickoo0 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:02 pm

it works fine for me i just ran it but blocked the broken ones, did you try the file i uploaded as that should work

http://www.fileserve.com/file/gt6mTNN
nickoo0

Postby madglee » Tue May 10, 2011 5:25 am

I downloaded your file and extracted it into C:/Program Files/PS3 Media Server but I still don't see anything in the PS3 even after restarting both the server and the PS3.
I tried to do Step 3 again and I just get that same error.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly:

You download the file, extract it into C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server
You run step 1, that finished fine
You run step 2, that finished fine
You run step 3, that gives a run time error I mentioned and that was mentioned way earlier in the thread

I restarted both, went to Music, and I don't see anything about World Radio listed.

Is there something I'm not doing?
madglee

Postby nickoo0 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:37 pm

My file has already got step 1,2,3 done so all you should need to do is extract it and overwrite all files and then run media server. (maybe dont overwrite any config files if you have made any changes to it)

madglee wrote:I downloaded your file and extracted it into C:/Program Files/PS3 Media Server but I still don't see anything in the PS3 even after restarting both the server and the PS3.
I tried to do Step 3 again and I just get that same error.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly:

You download the file, extract it into C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server
You run step 1, that finished fine
You run step 2, that finished fine
You run step 3, that gives a run time error I mentioned and that was mentioned way earlier in the thread

I restarted both, went to Music, and I don't see anything about World Radio listed.

Is there something I'm not doing?
nickoo0

Postby madglee » Thu May 12, 2011 12:43 am

I tried extracting it to its own folder and the C:\PF\PS3 Media Server.

On PS3, I go to Music and there's nothing. If I go under PS3 Media Server > Music > Radio
I see JET FM (French Radio) [MPlayer Web]

Strange. Is that it? I still don't see anything about World Radio.
madglee

Postby nickoo0 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:47 am

Maybe because it is in a different directory, ill check my install for you and get back to you.
nickoo0

Postby madglee » Thu May 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Okay so I extracted your files to C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server, then reran the original PS3-Radio and did Step 2 and Step 3 but while it now completes successfully and doesn't give me that error, still doesn't show up on the PS3 Media Server > World Radio under Music. Hmm.

OK , I gave up. Downloaded Tversity and just added the channels I wanted to listen to. Streams great. Not to diss on PS3 MS, which is great, but I really wanted to use it for internet and this plug in is taking up too much time. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.
madglee

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins