PS3-Radio: How to add thousands of radio station to PS3MS

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3-Radio: How to add thousands of radio station to PS3MS

Postby Rocker » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:43 pm

I'm loving the radio stations...thanks for that.

I have two questions:

1. Why does "Listings By Country" stop at the letter "N"

2. When I try to play CBC Radio, I get the error message "The data type is not supported". Is there a codec I need to install?

Thanks in advance.
Rocker

Postby BalleClorin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:05 am

Could someone please post a recent WEB.conf for us linux/mac users?
Tried running the ps3-radio executable in wine, but it complains about missing dll's. maybe I'll try and manually adding them to wine...
BalleClorin

Postby vakaras » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi,

@Rocker

Find file World-Radio-Web-Conf.txt in C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server and open with worpad find string "Nova Classic Rock - http://www.novaclassicrock,nl,http://20 ... ,file:///C: " and change "," to "." after word "novaclassicrock", and listing by country don't stop at the letter "N".

BR vakaras
vakaras

Postby Rocker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:03 pm

vakaras wrote:Find file World-Radio-Web-Conf.txt in C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server and open with worpad find string "Nova Classic Rock - http://www.novaclassicrock,nl,http://20 ... ,file:///C: " and change "," to "." after word "novaclassicrock", and listing by country don't stop at the letter "N".

Thanks for the reply Vakaras.

I found three entries for novaclassicrock in World-Radio-Web-Conf.txt, and I changed the "," to a "." for all three. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

I then went back and deleted all three novaclassicrock entries, and that didn't work.

Then I tried steps 2 and 3 for ps3-radio.exe, reset the server, and that didn't work either.

I'm still stuck at "N" in countries.
Rocker

Postby bas! » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:43 pm

[quote="ps3-radio"]PS3-Radio will download from a public web site a list of thousands of radio stations.

STEP 1 takes a very long time to download. It takes at least 10 minutes on my computer.
STEPS 2 & 3 run in less than a second.
This program adds the radio station entries to web.conf

After succesfuly completing step 1, I continued with step 2 after about half a minute i get the following error: Run-time error '7' Out of memory

Does anyone know how to fix this?

(running windows XP, 3.06 Ghz, some ati HD video cart 2 Gb RAM, and stil 100 Gb of free space on my C drive...)

Bas
bas!

Run-time error '7' Out of memory

Postby oglops3radio » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:15 am

Hi

same thing as previous msg happens here:

After succesfuly completing step 1, I continued with step 2 after about half a minute i get the following error: Run-time error '7' Out of memory

Any idea how to fix it?

A worldradio.dat is created but I guess it is not complete. Also, nothing is showing on PS3 Music menu (which is fine, I guess, since the installation halts at step2)

thanks

ps. Win XP SP3

EDIT: Also tried on a different PC (WinXP SP3) and I got the same error message.

Any ideas?

thx
oglops3radio

Re: Run-time error '7' Out of memory

Postby pester28 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:01 am

Hi,

I'm getting the same error message.
After successfully completing step 1, I went to step 2 after about half a minute later I get the following error: Run-time error '7' Out of memory.

Running Windows XP, SP3,AMD Dual Core,4Gig Ram,

Thx
pester28

Postby gtp_98c » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:19 am

Has anyone got the Chez 106.1 FM (Classic rock station in Ottawa Canada) to work ? I tried it both under Rock and Classic rock and neither work, both say not supported. Just wonder if the link needs updating and if so how/where do i find the right one to put in my .conf file?

Thx
gtp_98c

Postby jjforfun00 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:08 pm

I am getting the same runtime error during step 2. Running Windows XP SP3, on Pentium 4 with 2 GB ram. Good hard disk space.

Any suggestions?

Joe
jjforfun00

Postby ps3-radio » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:58 am

30 Jan 2010:
- Added a check to verify that you have write access to the program files directory.
If not, a popup will occur to notify you to run-as administrator (required on Vista/Windows7)
- Fixed "runtime error 7 - Out of memory error"
- Check and fix URLs with embedded commas because it truncates the listing on the PS3.

Give it a try to see if it works better for you.
ps3-radio

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins