MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Postby killa339 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Alright, that explains that part. Thanks.

However, I'm still not sure how to make use of this plugin. Does anyone have screenshots of what it looks like on the TV? Where are things being stored? I feel like since I'm running the MLX extension and my folder hierarchy is completely customized, I'm not allowing the right folders to be displayed.
killa339

Postby taconaut » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:18 am

@killa339
This plugin is not supported by pms-mlx. Actually, the way to display the information in mlx has been inspired by this plugin.
Mlx supports plugins showing a ne folder at the root of the folders (e.g. Channels), but no plugins adding folders anywhere in the folder tree (like this one)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby ben98gs » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:54 am

Anyone have pictures of what this actually looks like? The second post looks like it used to but nothing is shown and I have been through the whole post and see no other references to pictures.

From reading the description it seems that you have to open a folder to view everything rather than just having the information display while scrolling through files... Is that correct (like you could do in mediabrowser)?
ben98gs

Postby slooff » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:03 pm

@ben98gs: here's a picture of how it looks on XBMC. At least one of the versions; this one is also compatible with xbox and uses the numbered lines to avoid the xbox sorting the lines based on the content... You just have to navigate to a seperate MovieInfo folder to get this info.
opensuse 12.1, latest PMS build, mplayer/mencoder with static libraries, movieinfo, pmsencoder, edl plugin, PS3, XBOX, Samsung ES7000
slooff

Postby JORDITO » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:15 pm

This is old version, but work very good with PMS 1.40. The version from SharkHunter don`t show by me trailers from Youtube and Covers.
Attachments
Movieinfo.zip
Mart 2011
(55.85 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
JORDITO

MOVIE INFO: No longer workiong with current builds of PS3MS

Postby tmknight » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi, jaqb, looks like the latest PS3MS code is breaking MovieInfo - great plugin, do you plan to update?

Cheers in advance!
SubJunk Build or Custom from SVN (depends on my mood)
Xubuntu x64 (3.2)
AMD 64 X2 4800+ [OC 2.8GHz]
4GB DDR2
JRE 6 u[latest]
Sony KDL-40W5100
tmknight

Postby magic.merkin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Solipcyst wrote:So, I downloaded from the link in the first post, dropped the movieinfo.jar in the plugins folder and I see the plugin listed and everything, but it is completely non-functional. Is this incompatible with the curret subjunk builds? None of my changes to the settings (see picture) are ever saved. The download did not come with a config/settings file and one doesn't seem to be automatically generated anywhere for me to edit either. Great idea for a plugin in theory, and I appreciate the effort, but I need a little help, please. Thanks.

settings.jpg

I downloaded the .jar file sharkhunter: https://github.com/SharkHunter/MovieInfo/downloads
saving it to the Program Files\PS3 Media Server\plugins
directory

Using winrar I copied/extracted the movieinfo.conf file from the .jar (the original .conf stays within). I then placed the movieinfo.conf in my \Program Files\PS3 Media Server directory. it gets read from there. I made some changes to the number of actors displayed and line length

Leaving the original .jar file in the plugins directory.
magic.merkin

Postby magic.merkin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Anyone else find that the stars\rating has stopped working via the ps3? (it has upto date firmware) maybe imdb changed their site? Stopped working on my v1.24 pms. 1.40 is the same. Not sure what issues they were referring to above, everything works on my v1.40 box just like my live server running 1.24.
magic.merkin

Postby infidel » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Here's my version of Movieinfo updated for PMS 1.50.0. With cast lists fixed, and 2 settings added:

• cellwrap=num - wrap text tightly, num lines per cell (works on Sony bluray, may or may not on others).
  • showtags=true/false - whether to include the info tags, e.g. "Genre:", "Plot:" etc.

Default is the 'classic' display style (cellwrap=0 and showtags=true):
Title: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and...

Tagline: the hot-line suspense comedy

Genre: Comedy Drama

Plot: Paranoid Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper of Burpelson

____ Air Force Base, he believing that fluoridation of the

____ American water supply is a Soviet plot to poison the U.S.

____ populace, is able to deploy through a back door mechanism

And for the new 'tight-wrapped' style use cellwrap=3 (and optionally showtags=false):
DR. STRANGELOVE OR: HOW I LEARNED TO STOP
WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB (1964) - IMDB

the hot-line suspense comedy

Comedy Drama

Paranoid Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper of Burpelson
Air Force Base, he believing that fluoridation of the
American water supply is a Soviet plot to poison the
U.S. populace, is able to deploy through a back door
mechanism a nuclear attack on the Soviet Union without
the knowledge of his superiors, including the Chair of
the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Buck Turgidson, and
President Merkin Muffley. Only Ripper knows the code to

i.e. wrap 3 rows of text within the height of each folder 'cell'. Adjust this number if you see overwritten or empty areas in the output. As stated above so far I've tested this style on Sony bluray only .

Note: put MOVIEINFO.conf in your pms root folder, and a reminder that this plugin's dialog is non-functional, settings can only be changed by editing MOVIEINFO.conf.

Updated 17 Nov 2011 - Enabled Covers
Cover art is downloaded to your 'PMS > Navigation/Share Settings > Alternate videos cover art folder' location if specified, otherwise to the media source folder.

Updated 19 Nov 2011 - Fractional cellwrap, enabled showtags in 'classic' mode

Updated 19 Nov 2011 - Fixed missing title when cellwrap=0

Updated 23 Nov 2011 - Fixed IMDB rating, age rating

movieinfo-0.3.4.zip
for PMS 1.50.0+
(44.9 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

Source is from Sharkhunter's repo with these patches:
movieinfo-0.3.4-patches.zip
(6.74 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Last edited by infidel on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
infidel

Postby slooff » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:54 pm

@infidel: thanks for your good work! I will test it out this weekend and let you know how the various settings show up on the PS3. Does this version also contain the fix for the cover downloads which in some versions of the plugin doesnt work?
opensuse 12.1, latest PMS build, mplayer/mencoder with static libraries, movieinfo, pmsencoder, edl plugin, PS3, XBOX, Samsung ES7000
slooff

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins