MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 27th July

Postby jonLumpkin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Question:

Update 27 July 2009
Added optional Age Rating category for IMDB (can be enabled in MOVIEINFO.conf under Display=)
Movie covers are now being downloaded from the first plugin.
Movie Info JAR updated
Source Code updated

Does this mean that downloads for the entire library are now automatic? I.E.is it no longer required to press movie info manually for each title?

Thanks,

JBL
jonLumpkin

Postby alectro » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:06 pm

Wow! it's a perfect plugin for getting movie info, but it doesn't work with some asian movies, maybe is because the file names are in pinyin system.
alectro

Postby ExSport » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 pm

jaqb wrote:I have just uploaded a new version in the first post.
ExSport wrote:It is possible to load plugin from different web than listed?

Well...its possible to choose from which enabled plugin you want to download the cover, but I'll do that after my holiday...so after three weeks or so :-)

Have a nice holiday ;)
Btw I meant different web than enabled one but supported by your plugin=disabled one 8-)
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:25 pm

jonLumpkin wrote:Does this mean that downloads for the entire library are now automatic? I.E.is it no longer required to press movie info manually for each title?

No, it means that first enabled WEB plugin in list is used for COVER retrieval, not one which loads fastest ;)
If you have one Web plugin enabled, then always this one is used. But in case of more plugins enables, COVER is retrieved from Web page which loads at first place :)
ExSport

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 16th July update

Postby MikeAndSal » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:54 pm

jaqb wrote:I have uploaded new version of Movie Info in the first post. I have added trailers support. Trailers are being streamed from youtube in HD or HQ if HD is not available....come on ! in HD ! How Awesome Is That ? :mrgreen:

Trailers are useful, but would be *more* useful if the right trailer showed for the movie in question. On occasions, it doesn't quite get it right. When I looked at the trailer for Chinatown I got some weird street fighter trailer. For Manhunter I got Man Hunt (close, but no cigar.)

Searching for the movie info from IMDB plug-in is sometimes off as well. Iron Man returned "the man in the iron mask". Again, close but not an exact match.

Not a problem, 'cos I plonk a NFO file in there and all is sorted. Still, might be useful to know the search is still a little out.
MikeAndSal

Postby jonLumpkin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:26 am

MikeAndSal wrote:
jaqb wrote:I have uploaded new version of Movie Info in the first post. I have added trailers support. Trailers are being streamed from youtube in HD or HQ if HD is not available....come on ! in HD ! How Awesome Is That ? :mrgreen:

Trailers are useful, but would be *more* useful if the right trailer showed for the movie in question. On occasions, it doesn't quite get it right. When I looked at the trailer for Chinatown I got some weird street fighter trailer. For Manhunter I got Man Hunt (close, but no cigar.)

Searching for the movie info from IMDB plug-in is sometimes off as well. Iron Man returned "the man in the iron mask". Again, close but not an exact match.

Not a problem, 'cos I plonk a NFO file in there and all is sorted. Still, might be useful to know the search is still a little out.

Do you have release years in all your filenames? In my experience this definitely helps returning accurate results as the plugin effectively differentiates between Thomas Crown Affair 1968 and 1999 (I have both) when searching. Naturally I still get a few errors (usually for movies with generic and/or short titles) but overall I am extremely impressed with how accurate the iMDb searching is.

I haven't played around much with the trailers yet. The one I did try was "Brokeback Mountain [2005]". It DID play back a trailer for Brokeback Mountain. Unfortunately it was an Italian dub and rather annoying.
jonLumpkin

Postby MikeAndSal » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:28 am

jonLumpkin wrote:Do you have release years in all your filenames? In my experience this definitely helps returning accurate results.

Where it's appropriate I do have the release years, most of the movies I have don't require the year as well, but I might start adding the year to help with search.

I agree, it does a great job of finding the information about a movie. When it does (occasionally) go wrong, it's easily fixed. Still, the pattern matching could do with some tweaking.
MikeAndSal

Postby simulacra » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Ok, I'm going crazy here, how do I install it? I dropped the jar-file in the plugins folder and the conf in the main PMS-directory, what next?
simulacra

Postby ExSport » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:14 pm

Both have to be in plugin folder and also you need to configure it, see first post.
Also you need latest beta version, I think plugin support started from r348?
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:08 pm

IMDB bug?
Hi jaqb. I tried latest r356 with plugin version and found bug in IMDB code. Only few movies retrieved, most of them creates an exception (doesn't matter if .nfo exists or not )
Code: Select all
[pool-10-thread-1] TRACE 00:04:13.062 Exception in thread "pool-10-thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
[pool-10-thread-1] TRACE 00:04:13.063    at net.pms.movieinfo.FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.displayTitle(FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.java:212)
[pool-10-thread-1] TRACE 00:04:13.064    at net.pms.movieinfo.FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.resolve(FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.java:169)
[pool-10-thread-1] TRACE 00:04:13.064    at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource$1.run(DLNAResource.java:352)
[pool-10-thread-1] TRACE 00:04:13.065    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
[pool-10-thread-1] TRACE 00:04:13.065    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
[pool-10-thread-1] TRACE 00:04:13.066    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

BR
ExSport

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins