MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 16th July update

Postby jaqb » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:57 am

You can switch order of displaying information in MOVIEINFO.conf so, displaying order is not an issue... I'll add this in the next release ...it will be optional for imdb...so you'll have to enable it manually in MOVIEINFO.CONF.
HD YouTube on PS3 -> PS3 Youtube :D Are you a F1 fan ? Check out F1Reader.com
jaqb

Postby txg/mnx » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:35 am

Would it be possible to present the IMDB info (page) as a still-image just the complete webpage like on the internet ?
txg/mnx

Postby jaqb » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Yes, it would be possible. In the same way I'm showing the movie cover...
jaqb

Postby ExSport » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:09 am

Hello jaqb.
One another question. When I tried cover retrieval I found weired behavior how it works.
I use 2 pages for MovieInfo and it is IMDB and CSFD. Doesn't depend on priority of these two, always CSFD poster is used. Also first link in .NFO file is IMDB, but CSFD is taken.
Only solution is to disable CSFD to retrieve IMDB poster.
Please, how it works so I can retrieve IMDB cover instead of CSFD because this one is smaller than from IMDB.
Thanks
P.S.
Feature to load all covers without browsing all titles automatically will be cool :)
ExSport

Postby maggigisla » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi ...
I don't know if just to stupid to set this up, but I cant seem to get this to work.
I took MOVIEINFO.conf and MovieInfo.jar and put them in the PS3MediaServer folder, but I never get the MovieInfo folder to show in my PS3.
I also tried to create a folder named plugins in the PS3MediaServer folder and put the .jar file and .conf file there but nothing happend.
I added the debug.log file (just renamed it to debug.log.zip, it's not a zip file, just rename it back to view it).
I run my pms.sh on a Linux (Ubuntu).
I downloaded the update, and got the newest ps3mediaserver code, says, v1.20

Can someone point out to me what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks.
MG
Attachments
debug.log.zip
(142.09 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
maggigisla

Postby LiquidCooled » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:10 am

Are you using the most recent beta version 350? Sorry your debug file zip doesn't want to open for me, says corrupt. I ask because 350 already has a plugins folder.
LiquidCooled

Postby jaqb » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:57 pm

LiquidCooled wrote:Are you using the most recent beta version 350? Sorry your debug file zip doesn't want to open for me, says corrupt. I ask because 350 already has a plugins folder.
he said that debug is not a zip file ;-) , I assume only windows installer creates plugins folder but he's using linux.
maggigisla wrote:Hi ...
I don't know if just to stupid to set this up, but I cant seem to get this to work.
I took MOVIEINFO.conf and MovieInfo.jar and put them in the PS3MediaServer folder, but I never get the MovieInfo folder to show in my PS3.
I also tried to create a folder named plugins in the PS3MediaServer folder and put the .jar file and .conf file there but nothing happend.
I added the debug.log file (just renamed it to debug.log.zip, it's not a zip file, just rename it back to view it).

Thanks.
MG

As LiquidCooled said, are u using r350 or higher ? You should ask in the linux forum if the plugins work on linux. You can also try my precompiled PMS.jar from the first post. And yes...You must put movieinfo.jar and .conf into "plugins" folder...
ExSport wrote:Hello jaqb.
One another question. When I tried cover retrieval I found weired behavior how it works.
I use 2 pages for MovieInfo and it is IMDB and CSFD. Doesn't depend on priority of these two, always CSFD poster is used. Also first link in .NFO file is IMDB, but CSFD is taken.
Please, how it works so I can retrieve IMDB cover instead of CSFD because this one is smaller than from IMDB.
Thanks
P.S.
Feature to load all covers without browsing all titles automatically will be cool :)

Hi, it is normal behavior in a sense that I explained it before...first one loaded gets the priority...so I guess in your case CSFD loads faster than IMDB even if its in the 2nd place. I fixed it though, from now on the cover will be downloaded only from the first plugin.
jaqb

Postby ExSport » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Oh, now I see, multhithreading :mrgreen:
I understood it in way that loading is done regarding priority in list, not upon speed of web retrieval where sometimes IMDB is quicker and sometimes CSFD :)
Thanks ;)
P.S.
It is possible to load plugin from different web than listed?
For example IMDB enabled in list but cover retrieved from FILMWEB which is not enabled? Because maybe someone use only one page for retrieval but with no or uggly cover so it will be great to set it separately?
But it is only question how it is difficult to integrate because I use IMDB and CSFD only so I only change priority so IMDB will be used for covers, not problem in my case :mrgreen:
ExSport

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 27th July

Postby jaqb » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:50 pm

I have just uploaded a new version in the first post.
ExSport wrote:It is possible to load plugin from different web than listed?

Well...its possible to choose from which enabled plugin you want to download the cover, but I'll do that after my holiday...so after three weeks or so :-)
jaqb

Postby maggigisla » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:40 pm

jaqb wrote:
LiquidCooled wrote:Are you using the most recent beta version 350? Sorry your debug file zip doesn't want to open for me, says corrupt. I ask because 350 already has a plugins folder.
he said that debug is not a zip file ;-) , I assume only windows installer creates plugins folder but he's using linux.
maggigisla wrote:Hi ...

Thanks.
MG

As LiquidCooled said, are u using r350 or higher ? You should ask in the linux forum if the plugins work on linux. You can also try my precompiled PMS.jar from the first post. And yes...You must put movieinfo.jar and .conf into "plugins" folder...
ExSport wrote:Hello jaqb.
Thanks
P.S.

Hi, it is normal behavior in a sense that I explained it before...first one loaded gets the priority...so I guess in your case CSFD loads faster than IMDB even if its in the 2nd place. I fixed it though, from now on the cover will be downloaded only from the first plugin.

Hi, I clearly had a newer version then the 350 one.
Got the 350, and then I started to see the #--Movie Info--# folder.
Most of the time, it gets the right info, enough for me at least, very cool plugin btw.
What do I have to do to see the posters and movie trailers ?
And I also saw this error in the log ...
[pool-59-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:20.804 Exception in thread "pool-59-thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
[pool-59-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:20.804 at net.pms.movieinfo.FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.displayTitle(FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.java:208)
[pool-59-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:20.804 at net.pms.movieinfo.FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.resolve(FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.java:167)
[pool-59-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:20.804 at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource$1.run(DLNAResource.java:353)
[pool-59-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:20.827 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
[pool-59-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:20.827 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
[pool-59-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:20.827 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
[pool-63-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:45.752 Exception in thread "pool-63-thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
[pool-63-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:45.752 at net.pms.movieinfo.FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.displayTitle(FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.java:208)
[pool-63-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:45.753 at net.pms.movieinfo.FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.resolve(FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.java:167)
[pool-63-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:45.753 at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource$1.run(DLNAResource.java:353)
[pool-63-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:45.753 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
[pool-63-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:45.753 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
[pool-63-thread-1] TRACE 13:56:45.753 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
[pool-84-thread-2] TRACE 14:25:03.008 Error during the parsing of image with Sanselan... switching to Ffmpeg: [I cannot be cast to java.lang.Number
maggigisla

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins