MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th July

Postby jaqb » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:15 pm

jimlivingston wrote:
Fantastic plug-in!!! Worked right out the box for me. I am running Windows 7, PMS 1.20 and your latest build as of today. Everything works perfect!

I do have a few of questions/suggestions/requests:

1. Is it possible to view/grab the movie trailers from IMDB or elsewhere?
2. Is it possible to have the results displayed in the same directory as the video file itself?
3. Can we get the movie poster to display without having to select the movie title?

In my perfect world, I would like to navigate to my movie folder and see the info along with an enlargeable poster and movie trailer. 8-)

Thanks for the hard work!!!

Any word about these?

1. I was thinking about it a way back... I'll see what I can do...
2. No... it would get really slow if u had for example 40 videos in one directory it would take ages to generate the content.
3. No. Maybe it the future...
HD YouTube on PS3 -> PS3 Youtube :D Are you a F1 fan ? Check out F1Reader.com
jaqb

Postby jaqb » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:44 pm

ExSport wrote:jabq: What changes were made in newest version from 14.7.? 8-)
Thx

there are some changes....but nothing big.
PMS.zip is still whole PMS but 8MB instead of 18MB. (I'm using compression, but even without compression original should be 16MB, there is +2MB of GARBAGE in the original JAR ) PMS.zip is now without MovieInfo as it is now in an separete JAR. It also contains my customizations I have never mentioned in this thread before (although those where included from the start) such as support for .txt subtitles, Custom Command function and advanced GameTrailers support where every gametrailer video (from rss) is opened (streamed) on PS3 and not trough the Ps3 Media Server, this results in MUCH better quality of those videos, especially in HD.

MovieInfo Jar.zip is as the name is suggesting the MovieInfo.jar with MovieInfo.CONF, you have to put it now in Plugins directory and u can enjoy this plugin, You'll have to use revision 348 or higher of course.

The only change really is that I have restructured the source code...all classes are now in one package (except of 1:P) and there is no need of patching the original source code anymore. The are some new classes too. I have also renamed the project to Movie Info. Oh yeah I have also looked into the GUI. If you havent noticed plugins are also having options in the GUI. I have made a quick dummy example and included it in the JAR but I think It will take me a while to really create a working GUI :P I just don't like to create GUI's :-)
Last edited by jaqb on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaqb

Postby Redlum » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am

jaqb wrote:
Thx

PMS.zip is still whole PMS but 8MB instead of 18MB. (I'm using compression, but even without compression original should be 16MB, there is +2MB of GARBAGE in the original JAR ) PMS.zip is now without MovieInfo as it is now in an separete JAR. It also contains my customizations I have never mentioned in this thread before (although those where included from the start) such as support for .txt subtitles, Custom Command function and advanced GameTrailers support where every gametrailer video (from rss) is opened (streamed) on PS3 and not trough the Ps3 Media Server, this results in MUCH better quality of those videos, especially in HD.

Not a good idea to provide seperate patches for these functions? Might be stuff we can include in the official version :)
Redlum
Project Member

Postby jaqb » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:22 am

Redlum wrote:
jaqb wrote:
Thx

Not a good idea to provide seperate patches for these functions? Might be stuff we can include in the official version :)

I have already provided these patches...waaaay back. Issue89, Direct stream of PS3 compliant web videos thread and Issue474 Also I have stated before (EDIT:here) that the Original Pms.jar contains unneeded *.java files in Pms.jar/org/jaudiotagger which make the jar +2MB bigger than it can be without compression.
jaqb

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 16th July

Postby bortek » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:28 am

Did someone manage to make this new version work on Mac OS X?
bortek

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 16th July update

Postby jaqb » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:08 pm

I have uploaded new version of Movie Info in the first post. I have added trailers support. Trailers are being streamed from youtube in HD or HQ if HD is not available....come on ! in HD ! How Awesome Is That ? :mrgreen:
jaqb

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 16th July

Postby jaqb » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:37 pm

bortek wrote:Did someone manage to make this new version work on Mac OS X?

Did you try the latest Mac build?
jaqb

Postby jimlivingston » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:14 pm

jaqb wrote:
jimlivingston wrote:
Fantastic plug-in!!! Worked right out the box for me. I am running Windows 7, PMS 1.20 and your latest build as of today. Everything works perfect!

I do have a few of questions/suggestions/requests:

1. Is it possible to view/grab the movie trailers from IMDB or elsewhere?
2. Is it possible to have the results displayed in the same directory as the video file itself?
3. Can we get the movie poster to display without having to select the movie title?

In my perfect world, I would like to navigate to my movie folder and see the info along with an enlargeable poster and movie trailer. 8-)

Thanks for the hard work!!!

Any word about these?

1. I was thinking about it a way back... I'll see what I can do...
2. No... it would get really slow if u had for example 40 videos in one directory it would take ages to generate the content.
3. No. Maybe it the future...

1. I see you have granted this wish. So far it works mostly perfect. Some of the trailers return with "Corrupted Data." (Angels & Demons for instance)
2. Each of my movies is in its own folder. I just didn't want to be forced to navigate additional levels to get the info. But, I can certainly live with doing so! :-)
3. Pity the PS3 doesn't have a better interface for movies. It would be so nice to scroll through large DVD covers to view my library. That said, this plug-in is the closest thing there is!

Thanks for the hard work.
Last edited by jimlivingston on Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimlivingston

Postby jaqb » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks :) I have fixed the issue with Angels & Demons trailer. Try the latest update
jaqb

Postby MarcJ » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:51 am

Any chance we can get the MPAA rating added to the list of information displayed? Also, if it is possible to display the MPAA, can it be displayed at the top above the credits or do you just list things in the same order as IMDB.
MarcJ

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins