MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Postby montyhar2 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi jaqb,
Nice idea. Thanks for the posting, It is really enjoyable.
My heartiest thanks for sharing.
montyhar2

Postby EvilAaron » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:45 am

Thank-you worked perfect right away nice addition to PS3MS, cheers
EvilAaron

Postby Mantzy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:28 pm

jaqb wrote:...replace the jar and MOVIEINFO.conf in PS3MS directory

So what are you meant to replace? the pms.jar file with the movieinfo.jar one?
Mantzy

Postby ExSport » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:25 pm

There are two versions. One pms.jar which was needed before plugin support was implemented.
Second one is MovieInfo.jar version what is plugin and should be copied to plugins folder with .conf file.
So plugin version is better one, independent on version of pms build. But you need pms version which supports plugins ;)
ExSport

Postby BantryRed » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi jaqb,
I posted a question a couple of weeks/months ago about permantly storing the info to the computer hdd. Ive just come across a program called YAMMM which does this, can your program access this info before going onto the internet? Thanks, love your app. :D
BantryRed

Postby no8080 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Not sure if this has been cover before, but I am runing the Movie Info plugin under linux and when I use it to view the info the Cover jpg image is not saved in my moie directory. It is visible through the IMDB plugin folder, when I click on the movie title I see the image file from IMDB, but it is not saved to the movie directory.

Sounds like a rights issue, any one experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Neil
no8080

Postby dasbooter » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:31 pm

As per the last post I think I may be having similar issues. I am using ubuntu karmic linux my library structure looks something like /mnt/storage/dasbooters_storage/visual_media/movies/shrek_Thursday_January_14_2010/shrek.avi. When the jpeg is downloaded for some reason it is placed in /mnt/storage/dasbooters_storage/visual_media/movies/ and the jpegs file name would actually read "shrek_Thursday_January_14_2010/shrek.avi" (slashes are allowed in file names in linux I guess) .So in order for the jpeg to be used as the thumbnail I have to change the file name to "shrek.avi.jpeg" and cut and paste it in /mnt/storage/dasbooters_storage/visual_media/movies/shrek_Thursday_January_14_2010/ where the avi file actually is. The jpeg thing for me is one of the best parts about this as generating the thumbnail from the video seems a little more time consumptive and not always especially telling about the content of the video. Anyways this is pretty cool so thanks a bunch ... hopefully this feedback is helpful and I hope this is not duplicate info.
dasbooter

Postby no8080 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:29 pm

dasbooter wrote:As per the last post I think I may be having similar issues. I am using ubuntu karmic linux my library structure looks something like /mnt/storage/dasbooters_storage/visual_media/movies/shrek_Thursday_January_14_2010/shrek.avi. When the jpeg is downloaded for some reason it is placed in /mnt/storage/dasbooters_storage/visual_media/movies/ and the jpegs file name would actually read "shrek_Thursday_January_14_2010/shrek.avi" (slashes are allowed in file names in linux I guess) .So in order for the jpeg to be used as the thumbnail I have to change the file name to "shrek.avi.jpeg" and cut and paste it in /mnt/storage/dasbooters_storage/visual_media/movies/shrek_Thursday_January_14_2010/ where the avi file actually is. The jpeg thing for me is one of the best parts about this as generating the thumbnail from the video seems a little more time consumptive and not always especially telling about the content of the video. Anyways this is pretty cool so thanks a bunch ... hopefully this feedback is helpful and I hope this is not duplicate info.

I have checked, and my jpg files are also beening stored in the wrong place. My folder structure is /public/movies/moviename/movie.mkv and the jpg file is being saved in the /public/movies directory 1 directory up from the movie file, plus the file name is the same as it was on the IMDB website, ie 12RO91.jpg.

It would seem to have a problem with the plugin under linux. Could it be a path issue? As if the movie path is not known to the plugin, only to the PMS app itself.

Any comments anyone?

Thanks

Neil
no8080

Postby jericho » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:45 pm

I would like to know of it would be possible in future versions or maybe manually via the sourcefiles to deactivate the search for NFOs as i have none to speed up the process? And also it would be cool to directly show the movie info Movie -> Movie info rather than Movie -> IMDB -> Movie info if you have only IMDB selected?

Thanks for the plugin its great, will gladly pay for those options!!!!
jericho

Postby ottoman1384 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:17 pm

jaqb,

Where did you go!!!? It's been a month. I would really like to see the youtube links fixed. That'd be awesome and would push me to donate.

I don't want to donate if the project is already dead.

Thanks again and hope all is well.
ottoman1384

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins