Rtmpdump options not in Channel Plugin Option

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Rtmpdump options not in Channel Plugin Option

Postby bin23 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:02 pm

davonz wrote:Still a no go, current file not supported for everything I try play.

Read Infidel's first post in this thread if you haven't already.
bin23

Postby davonz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Yeah, have followed everything to a tee.
davonz

Postby infidel » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:51 pm

bin23 wrote:Unfortunately, that location would be specific to my system and would not exist on yours

if you edit the logs please be clear about it :).

bin23 wrote:I don't know if any of the svt links will work outside of Sweden

you're right of course :oops:. Try a link that I would be able to verify from the US.
infidel

Postby Mowax » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks Infidel, I've made a post in the help section and maybe some time when your free you could maybe give it the once over for me.

Just a couple of things that are confusing me there, update the latest channel list, I think i got the latest one from sharkhunters site? any way I won't bog this thread down and make it off course, I'll leave that to the thread I posted.

Thanks again for all your help.
Mowax

Postby dsesno » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Infidel, I am still having trouble. Im using a mac. Couple questions for a newbie:

1) I downloaded the rtmpdump 2.4 file and it is in my download section on the mac. Should i unzip this and put it on my desktop of leave it as is?

2) Im looking at your instructions below:

rtmpdump.path = <full path to rtmpdump>
rtmpdump.force = true

Where it says "full path to rtmpdump" is that supposed to be replaced with the path on my mac to the rtmpdump location of the exe file? And also, if i put the downloaded rtmpdump file on my desktop, i do not know how to find or locate the exe file (or is it called something else for mac?). Sorry for these newbie questions. Thanks
dsesno

Postby infidel » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:34 pm

dsesno wrote:I downloaded the rtmpdump 2.4 file

if this is the same rtmpdump 2.4 file from earlier in the thread it's a Windows build and won't work on a mac.

dsesno wrote:Where it says "full path to rtmpdump" is that supposed to be replaced with the path on my mac to the rtmpdump location

Yes, assuming you've got an rtmpdump executable built for your version of osx (it will be a file called just 'rtmpdump', not 'rtmpdump.exe') and you have it on your desktop, then the line would look something like
Code: Select all
rtmpdump.path = /Users/your_username/Desktop/rtmpdump
which should work but I'd recommend putting it somewhere out of the way just to keep things tidy.
infidel

Previous

Return to Additions and Plugins