Looking for an XBMC addon

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Looking for an XBMC addon

Postby glenrocks » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi Infidel,

Quick question- Have you come across xbmc plugin for nbcolympics which has cable sign-on authentication or similar olympics 2012 live? I thought I will ask before writing one. :) I see cookies information but not sure if its better to write channel or just find xbmc plugin. I will post the same in sharkhunter channel post too.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/vi ... y-more-mds
glenrocks

Re: PMS-Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) update:12.07

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:50 pm

glenrocks wrote:Have you come across xbmc plugin for nbcolympics

This isn't the best place to look for/ask about XBMC addons. Try the XBMC forum.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby infidel » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:36 am

glenrocks wrote:Quick question- Have you come across xbmc plugin for nbcolympics

chocolateboy wrote:This isn't the best place to look for/ask about XBMC addons

I think the question is reasonable since after all it relates to one of Jumpy's stated purposes. Unfortunately it's also correct that I can't be of much help since I don 't know anything specific about this :). I tried the bbcsport plugin in the cited thread and can only confirm what everybody knows already which is that it doesn't work without a proxy in the US.

Edit: I also tried nbcolympics.com website but was blocked due to having just regular fios as opposed to fios-tv, so I'm entirely on the sidelines for this one.
infidel

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:45 pm

infidel wrote:I think the question is reasonable

I didn't say it's unreasonable. I said it's not the best place.

The Wiki is also a good place to look.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby glenrocks » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:06 am

Hi Infidel,
thanks for trying and the reply. Since it was only 2 weeks ordeal and youtube links embedded into nbcolympics player, I ended up watching live on laptop. Airplay equivalent would be nice in future windows (if its even planned). Windows 7 only plays to renderer whats in media player. It seems that Sharkhunter is away as I dont see any response.

Hi Chocolatboy,
Its all about collaboration and leveraging from each others knowledge before inventing a wheel..right? Thats why your pmsencoder works well compared to other engines and we use it first Jumpy and Channels are very great ways of extending media contents out there. Btw, I did google before asking Infidel and Sharkhunter. :-)
glenrocks

Postby chocolateboy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:29 pm

I've moved this out of the Jumpy thread since it's now wandering even further off-topic.

glenrocks wrote:I did google before asking Infidel and Sharkhunter.

I said nothing about Google and gave you two direct answers to your question.

Its all about collaboration and leveraging from each others knowledge before inventing a wheel..right? Thats why your pmsencoder works well compared to other engines and we use it first Jumpy and Channels are very great ways of extending media contents out there.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with Jumpy. Thread locked.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to Additions and Plugins