ESPN3?

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: ESPN3?

Postby andrewran » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:42 pm

I uninstalled the old PMS and left XBMC installed.

I installed PMS 1.70.1 and pmsencoder 1.6.1 but when I try to install jumpy 0.2.3 using Windows Quick Setup and it keeps repeating on a loop without installing Python. The below gets to 100% on Python and then repeats over and over again.

Code: Select all
√ Running as Admin
The system cannot find the path specified.
√ jumpy-0.2.3.jar is installed
Checking python
Checking python in registry
Downloading "http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.3/python-2.7.3.msi"
#####################################                                     52.4%
Last edited by chocolateboy on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reformatted: please read the FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4294qo2
andrewran

Postby infidel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:05 pm

andrewran wrote:when I try to install jumpy 0.2.3 using Windows Quick Setup and it keeps repeating on a loop

First please zip up plugins\jumpy\win32-setup\setup.log and attach it here for debug purposes. In the meantime you can try one of these 2 workarounds:

• run the (apparently) downloaded python installer (plugins\jumpy\win32-setup\python-2.7.3.msi) manually (if it's not there download it from here), then rerun jumpy-0.2.3.exe and it should continue onward from there.

• if that fails you can also reinstall SHB-43 and move the extras folder into your new PMS installation and add these 2 lines to your new PMS.conf (located at c:\ProgramData\PMS) :
    python.path = extras\\Python27\\python.exe
    rtmpdump.path = extras\\bin\\rtmpdump.exe

EDIT: added missing line.
infidel

Postby infidel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:21 pm

andrewran wrote:when I try to install jumpy 0.2.3 using Windows Quick Setup and it keeps repeating on a loop

I can reproduce this behavior if I put a fake (i.e. empty) debug.log in my PMS folder and then run the jumpy installer. Could something like this have happened in your case?

Long explanation: the underlying issue is that the installer needs to read debug.log to figure out what the actual name and location of your PMS.conf is (it may be different for custom builds). In my original post I neglected to mention (fixed now) that PMS should be started up and shut down once before running the jumpy installer in order to create a valid debug.log. I'll add a check for this in the next version of the installer.
Last edited by chocolateboy on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please keep posts on-topic
infidel

Postby andrewran » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:14 pm

infidel wrote:First please zip up plugins\jumpy\win32-setup\setup.log and attach it here for debug purposes. In the meantime you can try one of these 2 workarounds:

I don't seem to have a setup.log file. I've attached jumpy.log and debug.log. I don't know if either of those will help.

infidel wrote:
  • run the (apparently) downloaded python installer (plugins\jumpy\win32-setup\python-2.7.3.msi) manually (if it's not there download it from here), then rerun jumpy-0.2.3.exe and it should continue onward from there.

I downloaded the python installer manually, ran it and it installed Python fine. When running jumpy-0.2.3.exe again it looped over and over again when it got to the same place as before.

infidel wrote:
  • if that fails you can also reinstall SHB-43 and move the extras folder into your new PMS installation and add these 2 lines to your new PMS.conf (located at c:\ProgramData\PMS) :

• I tried this method and I received the same error as before:
    "This content cannot be played (800288E1)"

Thank you again for all your help.
    Attachments
    debuglog.zip
    debug.log
    (4.02 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
    jumpylog.zip
    Jumpy.log
    (1.67 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
    andrewran

Postby infidel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:36 pm

andrewran wrote: I've attached jumpy.log and debug.log. I don't know if either of those will help.

They help quite a bit, thanks :). Now I see what the issue with the installer is and will fix it in the next version.

jumpy.log wrote:WARNING: No 'python.path' setting found in PMS.conf.

According to debug.log your PMS.conf is actually at 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\PMS\PMS.conf'. The second workaround (using extras) should work if you add the two aforementioned lines:
    to that file (as long as extras itself is located in 'C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server').
    infidel

Postby andrewran » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:33 pm

infidel wrote: According to debug.log your PMS.conf is actually at 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\PMS\PMS.conf'. The second workaround (using extras) should work if you add the two aforementioned lines:
    to that file (as long as extras itself is located in 'C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server').

I verified this and re-tried it and now jumpy.log no longer has that message (WARNING: No 'python.path' setting found in PMS.conf.). However it still doesn't work on my PS3 :?

The only difference I've noticed is that now when I click on an event, the PS3 goes blank for about 10-15 seconds then shows me the "play" symbol in the corner (like it's going to start) then pauses and gives me the same 800288E1 error.

I tried using another add-on from XBMC (ESPN Video) and that one seems to work just fine on my PS3.

Thank you again! :)
    Attachments
    jumpylog2.zip
    Jumpy log 2
    (7.74 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
    debuglog2.zip
    Debug log 2
    (5.69 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
    andrewran

Postby infidel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Good (sort of, anyway :)). At least you have a functional setup now.

andrewran wrote:now when I click on an event, the PS3 goes blank for about 10-15 seconds then shows me the "play" symbol

This is the same problem the other PS3 users are having, i.e. the stream starts and immediately chokes. I just tried the 'New Zealand vs. Japan' live stream and it's working for me on Sony Bluray (and also xbmc as PMS renderer), so your issue is specific to the PS3 somehow. All I can suggest is to see if chunked transfer makes any difference on the PS3.

EDIT: btw please test the new installer to see if it fixes things.
    infidel

Postby andrewran » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:14 pm

I tried adding the chunked transfer line but that didn't help. I also tried using the new installer and it didn't solve my problem. Although, on the bright side, the installer worked just fine. Like you said previously, it might just be my PS3 with ESPN3. I've gotten other live streaming and non-live streaming addons to work.

I'll keep trying and maybe re-try everything from scratch to make sure I didn't miss a step or mess something up. I've also attached debug log and jumpy log again. I don't know if you wanted to see them again since I used the new installer or not.

Thank you again for all your help! :D
    Attachments
    jumpylog3.zip
    Jumpy log
    (8 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
    debuglog3.zip
    Debug log
    (5.61 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
    andrewran

Postby infidel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:12 pm

andrewran wrote:I'll keep trying and maybe re-try everything from scratch to make sure I didn't miss a step or mess something up.

By all means but I don't think there's anything wrong with your setup, it' a PS3 issue somehow. If you do happen to notice anything that might shed some light on this please post a zipped set of complete TRACE logs.
    infidel

Postby Theldais » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Infidel,

Sorry for the bit of a long break, weekdays can get rather crazy for me sometimes. I did try the chunked transfer setting and doesn't looked like that did anything. I'm attaching a set of log files with the chunked setting each way with trace debugging to see if that might help.
    Attachments
    pms_dbg_PS3_unchunked.zip
    (31.62 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
    pms_dbg_PS3_chunked.zip
    (32.79 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
    Theldais

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins