Movie Collection database Program

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Movie Collection database Program

Postby wingzero » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for a great movie collection database program, to scan my hd's and get the info from sites like imdb.

I have tried a few, but none of them are to my likings, either to fancy (big bars and animations) or either to complicated to let it search my hd's or imdb, (i have the habit of naming my folders all words stitched together with no capital letters or symbols) and it could not find any of my movies on the sites,

so i was wondering if anyone would recommend me a program that they like, or maybe a hint for a side project for the ps3mediaserver development team.

I am curious about the responses :)
wingzero

Re: Movie Collection database Program

Postby taconaut » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:28 pm

You can try the modified version of pms linked in my sig. What do you want to do with the scanned data?
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby wingzero » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:06 am

i just want to have a database of all my movies and let it grab information about the movie on sites like imdb.com.

i know there are programs out there who already do this, but none that i tried are to my likings.
wingzero

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:30 am

Does this have anything to do with pms? FWIW, I had been using this a while back and was pretty happy with it
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby ExSport » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:23 pm

taconaut wrote: I had been using this a while back and was pretty happy with it

Yes, as a plugin creator I received full version of this and I can say very good app 8-)
ExSport

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:38 pm

ExSport wrote:Yes, as a plugin creator I received full version of this and I can say very good app 8-)

Cool :) Out of curiosity I've had a look at when I had bought it. It was the 23.07.2003 and I still (would) get all the updated versions; good service for 10€!
taconaut
Project Member

Return to Additions and Plugins