Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2012

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PMS-Jumpy - Jump into Python (and onto XBMC)

Postby rocco24 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:10 am

infidel wrote:
rocco24 wrote:I guess the bad log has info carried from the fresh installation

The logs get overwritten each time you start PMS, so there shouldn't be any carryover. Both your debug.logs open with:
[main] TRACE 18:16:44.147 error killing old proc java.io.FileNotFoundException: pms.pid (The system cannot find the file specified)
which suggests that maybe there's something wrong with the installation.

rocco24 wrote:PS: when I reinstalled SHB I don't delete the previous one it kinda overwrite it.

Kinda wish you would have mentioned this sooner :). Uninstall, then delete or rename your PMS-SHB folder and do a completely fresh install and see if that helps.

Sorry for not mentioning that from the beginning. I will do what you suggested and see if that makes a difference. Thanks
rocco24

Postby rocco24 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:05 am

rocco24 wrote:
infidel wrote:
rocco24 wrote:I guess the bad log has info carried from the fresh installation

The logs get overwritten each time you start PMS, so there shouldn't be any carryover. Both your debug.logs open with:
[main] TRACE 18:16:44.147 error killing old proc java.io.FileNotFoundException: pms.pid (The system cannot find the file specified)
which suggests that maybe there's something wrong with the installation.

rocco24 wrote:PS: when I reinstalled SHB I don't delete the previous one it kinda overwrite it.

Kinda wish you would have mentioned this sooner :). Uninstall, then delete or rename your PMS-SHB folder and do a completely fresh install and see if that helps.

Sorry for not mentioning that from the beginning. I will do what you suggested and see if that makes a difference. Thanks

Still having issues even with suggested method. I am attaching a debug log as it has lot of errors this time.
Like I said before I only see Jumpy folder the very first time after fresh install and once I shut down PS3 and turn it back on, it disappears. :( :( :( :(
Attachments
debug.zip
(255.24 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
rocco24

Re: PMS-Jumpy: Need help with Linux implementation

Postby tmknight » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:57 pm

infidel wrote:It looks like you don't have rtmpdump. Jumpy translates rtmp links to rtmpdump://rtmp2pms? pseudo-protocol for pmsencoder, which should launch rtmpdump as downloader and ffmpeg as transcoder

Well, still no joy, I can browse Hulu content without issue and see the video and several transcode options (per my config to see transcode folder), but content will not play. I for sure have rtmpdump installed (though just can't compile a patched version, keep running into dependency errors for decencies that are present). Infedel, can you walk me through how the plugin works to obtain the url, then pass it to rtmpdump then to ffmpeg/mencoder/pmsencoder? I wonder if there is some explicit call to rtmpdump (or something else) in the code that is not translating to my xubuntu 11.10 setup.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!
Attachments
PMS.logs.zip
PMS conf and log; jumpy log
(8.14 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
SubJunk Build or Custom from SVN (depends on my mood)
Xubuntu x64 (3.2)
AMD 64 X2 4800+ [OC 2.8GHz]
4GB DDR2
JRE 6 u[latest]
Sony KDL-40W5100
tmknight

Postby infidel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:22 pm

@tmknight:

The problem is definitely that the built-in 'rtmpdump://' protocol isn't being selected by pmsencoder and it's defaulting to mencoder which has no idea what to do. add
Code: Select all
rtmpdump.path = /usr/bin/rtmpdump
(or wherever) to your PMS.conf and restart. Your pmsencoder.log should then report:
: setting global variable: RTMPDUMP = /usr/bin/rtmpdump
If that doesn't fix it then look further down to see if it says
: loading built-in script: scripts/rtmpdump.groovy
and that later on it isn't being overriden by a user script, e.g.
: loading user script: rtmpdump.groovy
You may need to look inside the user scripts in your pmsencoder script folder to make sure. Remove any script that mentions 'rtmpdump://'. I just played the same trailer no problem, and my pmsencoder.log shows:
: invoking matcher for: rtmpdump://rtmp2pms?-r=rtmpe%3A%2F%2Fcp39466.edgefcs.ne... etc
: 1 match ([rtmpdump://]) for: rtmpdump://rtmp2pms?-r=rtmpe%3A%2F%2Fcp39466.edge... etc
: downloader command: /usr/local/bin/rtmpdump -o /tmp/ps3med... etc
: transcoder command: ffmpeg -v 0 -y -threads 4 -i /tmp/ps3mediase... etc
Attach pmsencoder.log if you have any questions.

@rocco24:

Does Jumpy reappear if you also exit and restart PMS when you restart the PS3?

I need to see jumpy.log (and pmsencoder.log) as well. The debug.log shows you trying a bunch of megaupload links (which will fail unless you wait 60 seconds before clicking them), then some other links, but it's not clear at what point you turn off the PS3 and then turn it back on again. If you would do a short test where you start PMS, play one link, then restart the PS3 and attempt to browse again the scenario may be easier to follow inside the logs (zip your PMS.conf, debug.log, jumpy.log and pmsencoder.log together as one attachment). I'm pressed for time today but will have another go at attempting to recreate your problem tomorrow.
infidel

Postby rocco24 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:02 am

@rocco24:

Does Jumpy reappear if you also exit and restart PMS when you restart the PS3?

I need to see jumpy.log (and pmsencoder.log) as well. The debug.log shows you trying a bunch of megaupload links (which will fail unless you wait 60 seconds before clicking them), then some other links, but it's not clear at what point you turn off the PS3 and then turn it back on again. If you would do a short test where you start PMS, play one link, then restart the PS3 and attempt to browse again the scenario may be easier to follow inside the logs (zip your PMS.conf, debug.log, jumpy.log and pmsencoder.log together as one attachment). I'm pressed for time today but will have another go at attempting to recreate your problem tomorrow.

It actually happens when I restart both PMS and PS3. I am attaching logs requested.
PS on the second run after restarting PS3 and PMS they aren't any logs written since Jumpy didn't fire. Maybe I am mistaken but is there any other log files we can trace before the call to jumpy folder so it can help figure out the issue. ?
Attachments
logs.zip
(34.89 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
rocco24

Postby infidel » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:46 pm

No luck with recreating your problem, rocco24. I tried every which way to get Jumpy to disappear using SHB34, starting/stopping PMS and renderers, but Jumpy was always where it should be. I don't have a PS3, so unless this issue is somehow particular to the PS3 I don't have a solution.

rocco24 wrote:is there any other log files we can trace before the call to jumpy folder

your debug.log shows the PS3 requesting the content directory twice, presumably corresponding to start/restart:

(line numbers added)
260: [New I/O server worker #1-2] TRACE 18:37:53.761 Request: HTTP/1.1 : GET : UPnP_AV_ContentDirectory_1.0.xml
261: [New I/O server worker #1-2] TRACE 18:37:53.761 Matched media renderer "Playstation 3" based on address /192.168.0.200
331: [New I/O server worker #1-5] TRACE 18:37:54.265 Adding Jumpy / class: net.pms.external.infidel.pyFolder
2667: [New I/O server worker #2-2] TRACE 18:43:10.303 Request: HTTP/1.1 : GET : UPnP_AV_ContentDirectory_1.0.xml
2668: [New I/O server worker #2-2] TRACE 18:43:10.303 Matched media renderer "Playstation 3" based on address /192.168.0.200
2720: [New I/O server worker #2-4] TRACE 18:43:10.803 Adding Jumpy / class: net.pms.external.infidel.pyFolder

and I don't see any indication as to why the second instance may be different from the first. If anyone else has a clue, or is having this issue (Jumpy disappearing on restart) please report!
infidel

Postby taconaut » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:40 am

Rocco24's issue is probably related to access rights. If pms is being ran directly from the installer, it runs with administrator rights (where the folder is showing up). Can't tell which files might be at cause though (UPnP_AV_ContentDirectory_1.0.xml?).
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby infidel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:37 am

taconaut wrote:Rocco24's issue is probably related to access rights.

Thanks taconaut, it's worth a shot :). I'll check it out.

@Rocco24: what happens if you right-click on PMS.exe and select "Run as administrator"?
@all: Happy New Year!
infidel

Postby infidel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:56 am

You hit the nail on the head, taconaut :D!

• Jumpy.log is created as administrator during the install run and afterwards standard user gets "access denied".
  • Same for pmsencoder.log.
This must have come up before vis. SHB but no hits in that thread.
infidel

Postby rocco24 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:47 am

infidel wrote:
taconaut wrote:Rocco24's issue is probably related to access rights.

Thanks taconaut, it's worth a shot :). I'll check it out.

@Rocco24: what happens if you right-click on PMS.exe and select "Run as administrator"?
@all: Happy New Year!

Amazing you guys are awesome. Jumpy folder only appears when I right-click and "Run as administrator". I am running win7 with admin access user weird that I have to run it as admin while I am an admin. Is there any tweaks I can do to PMS.exe to avoid right-click and "Run as administrator it will get annoying afterward that I have to do it every-time I run PMS.
rocco24

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins