Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2012

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PMS-Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) update:12.03

Postby infidel » Tue May 22, 2012 4:48 am

Update: PMS-Jumpy 0.1.7.

• Better labels, goodbye 'Item' (mostly).
  • Compatibility enhancements and minor bugfixes to the python xbmc module.
infidel

Re: PMS-Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) update:12.05

Postby infidel » Tue May 22, 2012 4:58 am

glenrocks wrote:Is there a way for item to inherit folder name as label?

See above :). Labling code is in xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl() btw.
infidel

Postby glenrocks » Wed May 23, 2012 1:02 am

Hey thanks..works like a charm and less pressure on the mind too now..lol

As always, appreciate your quick responses and enhancements. Cheers! :)
glenrocks

Postby timeitniear » Fri May 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi,

Still having some problems with some of the addins. I can watch Al Jezeera live on the XBMC app without any issues, but when I try watching it through the PS3 i get the "There is no inputstream to return for AlJazeera Live [PMSEncoder" I can't see anything in the logs that would explain why this would be. Maybe a better trained eye can help? I have the latest PMSencoder and Jumpy installed.

Regards!
Attachments
log.zip
(10.49 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
MacBook Pro
2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7
4GB Ram
OSX 10.8.1
timeitniear

Postby infidel » Sat May 26, 2012 10:21 am

timeitniear wrote: I can watch Al Jezeera live on the XBMC app without any issues, but when I try watching it through the PS3 i get the "There is no inputstream to return for AlJazeera Live [PMSEncoder"

I think you may have an issue with librtmp support either outdated or missing from ffmpeg, since pmsencoder is matching the rtmp url to ffmpeg as downloader (your debug.log would likely show an ffmpeg error if log level was set to TRACE.) You can check whether your ffmpeg has librtmp support by running ffmpeg without any arguments in a console:
$ ffmpeg
ffmpeg version N-33659-g1d0afec, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
built on Dec 8 2011 16:28:06 with gcc 4.6.1
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-version3 --enable-x11grab --enable-shared --enable-librtmp

XBMC is using its own built-in librtmp, which is why you're not getting the failure there. Aside from finding a suitable build of ffmpeg, your other option is to use rtmpdump:
  • to build it yourself use the source code from here and follow the instructions in the readme. Don't forget to install:
    Code: Select all
    sudo make SYS=darwin install
  • then either
    1. remove/rename rtmpdump.groovy in your pmsencoder scripts folder so as to revert to the built-in version, which doesn't use ffmpeg.
    2. or add this line to your PMS.conf to so as to force using rtmpdump instead of ffmpeg:
      rtmpdump.force=true

EDIT: your PMS.conf shows you already have rtmpdump.path defined and rtmpdump.force=true, so in theory pmsencoder shouldn't even be calling ffmpeg to begin with (assuming you haven't edited rtmpdump.groovy). Maybe you can shed some further light here :)?
infidel

Postby timeitniear » Sat May 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks for the pointers! I guess I know just enough to be dangerous, but not enough to understand yet. I removed rtmp.groovy and now I have connection.

Regards!
MacBook Pro
2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7
4GB Ram
OSX 10.8.1
timeitniear

Postby infidel » Tue May 29, 2012 2:48 pm

infidel wrote:PMS.conf shows you already have rtmpdump.path defined and rtmpdump.force=true, so in theory pmsencoder shouldn't even be calling ffmpeg

This was apparently due to a typo in rtmpdump.groovy which has since been fixed, so you can also just replace the script with the current version.
infidel

Postby glenrocks » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:16 am

Hi all-
Looking at the rtmp.groovy remark..I think you would need that script for rtmpe formats eventually... thats when I had to put it back.

rtmp.groovy is simple..one is forced to put the correct path though:
script {
    def RTMPDUMP = 'C:\\ProgramData\\PMS\\rtmpdump\\rtmpdump.exe'
    profile ('RTMP(E)') {
        pattern {
            protocol ([ 'rtmp', 'rtmpe' ])
        }
        action {
            def strings = $URI.split('!!!pms_ch_dash_y!!!')
            if (strings.length > 1)
                $URI = strings[0] + '" -y "' + strings[1]
         def strings1 = $URI.split('!!!pms_ch_dash_w!!!')
         if (strings1.length > 1)
                $URI = strings1[0] + '" -W "' + strings1[1]
            $DOWNLOADER = "$RTMPDUMP -o $DOWNLOADER_OUT -r \"${$URI}\""
        }
    }
}

IN- Hope you doing well.. I had some issues with 1channel and other similar channels where they refer to realdebrid/alldebrid plugin to resolve their urls..do you come across the issue of resolver taking toooo much time to get source urls and validate them? I did find out that issue at that time was when realdebrid site was down. I also tried new version of Bstrdsmkr post but seems there is an issue in getting sources there too...maybe I did something wrong as I get blank names but correct fanart on XBMC..found that strange but didnt try to go thru his code..did it happen to you too?

Anyways, have a good weekend.
glenrocks

Postby infidel » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi glenrocks,
glenrocks wrote:Looking at the rtmp.groovy remark..I think you would need that script for rtmpe formats eventually

timeitniear wrote:I removed rtmp.groovy

It was a typo, We were actually discussing rtmpdump.groovy.

glenrocks wrote:I had some issues with 1channel and other similar channels where they refer to realdebrid/alldebrid plugin to resolve their urls

This happened to me too when I tried the latest 1channel. It keeps matching to realdebrid instead of putlocker, etc. My 'fix' was to rename xbmc/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/urlresolver/plugins/realdebrid.py so it wouldn't get loaded. Sometimes the new version is a little slow finding the sources, but not as slow as my old patched version of 1ch.
infidel

Postby glenrocks » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi Infidel-

I just could not get new version to work (does new version of jumpy has that correction for xbmcaddon or its still manual to make it work?) (btw also realized that command line jumpstart didnt work for me)...but I did set realdebrid priority to 110 after reading some forums...not sure what disables it but I think anything over 100 hopefully :| pain it is and they even try to charge for resolved redirected stream..lol... Not sure who subscribes to these realdebrid/alldebrid sites though! :|

Excuse me for rtmpe comment as I just wanted it to be knowledge-added here for users who might have problems with those streams!
glenrocks

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins