Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2012

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PMS-Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) update:12.03

Postby glenrocks » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:30 am

Thanks guys...I believe that new version rtmpdump.exe works perfectly as earlier version I had was having probems for me. And .groovy actually can take customization now..not that I know what I am doing..lol..but at least PMS listens to changed passing parameters.
"rtmpdump.force=true"
Will force use rtmpdump+mencoder or rtmpdump+ffmpeg (<< I guess this one) over plain ffmpeg? And which one is more efficient? Its confusing at times. It seems PMS selection flow is ffmpeg--> rtmpdump+ffmpeg --> rtmpdump+mencoder (for subs)...right?

I hope that new groovy does clean up rtmpdump+mencoder processes as I was having trying to figure out things of making live streams work.

I also had a question about rtmpdump-- if command has two timeout parameters, which one does rtmpdump pick? :?

Anyhow, thanks again IN and SH. Have a good weekend.
glenrocks

Postby glenrocks » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:27 am

Weekend didnt even start and here is another Q:
Code: Select all
   #get rid of sources with no resolver plugin and show dialog to choose source
    sources = filter_source_list(sources)
    if len(sources) > 1:
        dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
        titles = []
        for source in sources:
            titles.append(source.title)
        index = dialog.select('Choose your stream', titles)
        if index > -1:
            return sources[index]
        else:
            return False
Sorry for another post..didnt wanted to forget so thought I will ask anyways...is there a way for PMS-Jumpy to show XBMC dialog selection as Jumpy auto picks first stream from XBMC addon source list (which works but some are split into parts- so the need of change on XBMC addon)..Is it possible to force xbmcgui.dialog() to display all source items? or guide me how to change it to window selection.

Have a good weekend. Excuse me for asking too many Qs!! Cheers on the rocks!!
glenrocks

Postby infidel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:16 pm

glenrocks wrote:Jumpy auto picks first stream

Right, this is just a hacky way to deal with it, not an actual solution obviously. 1ch (where your snippet above is from, I think) is the only addon that presents a dialog to select sources (the reason being that it doesn't want to waste time scraping every site on the list). I tried several ways of presenting the choices as folders and sending the choice back to 1ch, but the main problem is that the renderer's behaviour isn't modal, i.e. it continues to remember the "dialog" folder structure later on when there's no addon running to receive the choice. Forcing the renderer to "forget" the dialog afterwards hasn't yet worked in a reliable way. Basically I'm still looking for a solution that seems "natural" on the renderer side.

The patched 1ch I posted above works (for me anyway), by not showing the dialog and instead going through the time-consuming process of scraping all the sources to find the media items and then presenting those. Often my renderer times out and reports "no items", but if I reenter the folder I eventually find them all there. Not ideal, but it works.
infidel

Postby glenrocks » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi IN- I knew you would know a solution...is patch on channel side or on XBMC addon side...Do share the patch if on XBMC addon side as its better than dialog for sure...esp. when some sources dont work on channels side but do on Jumpy. Let me roll back and see if I can see the patch..otherwise you will have to post it for me..Thanks for responding as always. Enjoy your Sunday. :)

P.S. I believe new version is missing jumpstart for command line testing
glenrocks

Postby infidel » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 pm

glenrocks wrote:Do share the patch if on XBMC addon side

right here.

glenrocks wrote:P.S. I believe new version is missing jumpstart for command line testing

oops, changed my build script without thinking :), will do it right next time.
Attachments
jumpstart-0.1.6.zip
(8.03 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
infidel

Postby glenrocks » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Oops on my part too. Sorry I didn't realize there is attached zip up there...Thanks a lot. :)

I thought I will ask..not related to jumpy- XBMC addons sort by Name when running XBMC windows client..is it possible to disable that so that order remains the way on the sites?

I also came across one issue- I am sure its been handled before...when streams is buffering and goes up to 1-5M but renderer doesn't get it..is there a way for me to force renderer wait for longer time till streams starts transcoded flow (after multiple clicks, half the streams do finally work - though they lose earlier buffer for me....others just don't - from my testing)

Excuse me for asking too many Qs...Enjoy your weekend!! :)
glenrocks

Postby clarenceethan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:36 pm

hi guys,

just want to thank everyone for all the hardwork. now as im new, and started out fresh on PMS, mainly bleeding for veetle tv actually.

no luck with veetle anyhow, no titles show up whenever i hit on veetle (tried with XBMC and i could stream and find 200+ channels)

i was previously trying out PMS + Jumpy + PSencoder + XBMC addon without luck, now running on SharkHunter Build 42

Youtube seems to be working ok for me. not veetle nor vimeo.

attached is the logs i've generated (3 cheers to Pack Debug Info!)

thanks in advanced and i'm pretty sure something's wrong with my setup
Attachments
pms_dbg.zip
(7.69 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
clarenceethan

Postby infidel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi clarenceethan,

Thanks for posting the logs, it makes life a lot simpler :). I just did a clean, fresh install of SHB42 and both veetle and vimeo were working, so it's probably an installation issue. Regarding the errors in your jumpy.log:

• muzu: this is due to a hole in Jumpy's xbmc support, I'll put it on the todo list.
  • veetle, yousee.tv, vimeo: you seem to be missing two of the xbmc dependencies, it's strange that you don't get the same failure inside xbmc itself? I'd try removing and reinstalling the addons in xbmc.
infidel

Postby clarenceethan » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi infidel,

I'm sure that you made life much simpler than me too, I gave up trying to sort things out without bothering anyone till you replied 10 hours later shedding some light. Thank you, and everyone who has made ps3 shine. ^^

Cutting my long appreciation talk here.

Here's what I'll do, I'll prolly try uninstalling everything, Pms, Pms-shb, python, xbmc and everything todo with Pms and start it over with just shb42+xbmc.

I'll revert by 2 hours, with logs for errors.

Btw I do not need to run xbmc while trying on veetle, affirmative?

Thanks once again!
clarenceethan

Postby infidel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:57 pm

clarenceethan wrote:Btw I do not need to run xbmc while trying on veetle, affirmative?

Right, no need for xbmc to be running at all. You need to configure addons in xbmc and verify that everything's working, of course.
infidel

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins