How to go about adding new streaming

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

How to go about adding new streaming

Postby mikeym » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:59 am

Hi,

I've a program for streaming media of the web that I would like to incorporate into my PS3 media server. How do you go about it? A little java programming is fine as long as I don't have to try and understand the entire codebase.

PS Using linux.
mikeym

Re: How to go about adding new streaming

Postby chocolateboy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:46 pm

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby mikeym » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:16 am

Hi, thanks.

The most promising part I can see is the PMSEncoder as I have a downloader and an RSS feed. But I'm struggling to get it installed even. In the installation instructions it says to:

"shut down PMS; open PMS.conf in a text editor; and add pmsencoder to the front of the list of engines e.g.

engines = pmsencoder,mencoder,tsmuxer,mplayeraudio &c."

I don't have any engines listed and I can't find any info on how to add them. I have ffmpeg, mplayer and mencoder installed.
mikeym

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:34 pm

mikeym wrote:I don't have any engines listed and I can't find any info on how to add them.

https://github.com/chocolateboy/pmsenco ... leshooting
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12101&p=57332#p57332
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby mikeym » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks, but I understand how to add PMSEncoder to an existing list of engines in my PMS.conf. My problem is that I don't have an existing engines variable in my PMS.conf and I can't find any info on how I should populate it. I assume it has a default that it is currently assuming or it is picking up the engines automatically but I have no idea what or how. I could hazard a guess and just put in the other engines from the examples but I wouldn't know for sure what it was doing.
mikeym

Postby Raptor399 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:07 pm

This is what the standard PMS.conf has:

Code: Select all
engines = mencoder,avsmencoder,tsmuxer,mplayeraudio,ffmpegaudio,tsmuxeraudio,vlcvideo,mencoderwebvideo,mplayervideodump,mplayerwebaudio,vlcaudio,ffmpegdvrmsremux

I hope that helps.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby mikeym » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:20 pm

OK, thank you. I clearly have missed a step to copy in the default PMS.conf when installing.
mikeym

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:45 pm

mikeym wrote:Thanks, but I understand how to add PMSEncoder to an existing list of engines in my PMS.conf. My problem is that I don't have an existing engines variable in my PMS.conf and I can't find any info on how I should populate it.

You could start by reading the link I posted above:

chocolateboy wrote:If the list of engines doesn't exist in PMS.conf, follow the instructions here.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to Additions and Plugins