Request Top New Video, Music, Photo library

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Request Top New Video, Music, Photo library

Postby bobafet » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thirst off I want to thank the developers of PMS and the plugins for all there hard work!

I am having a issue with my large media library, and I think my problem and a solution could help a couple of people who also use PMS.
My request is: my wife and children want to watch new movies and photos and listen to new music added to our library.
Currently the library is really huge this means its difficult to find new files in the library (even I not always know where new files are)...
I categorized everything on groups like this:
--media type
----Codec type and quality (HD/SD)
------Genre
--------Movie folder
----------Actual file

I would like to propose a plugin/feature in the media library, that ads 3 virtual extra categories/folders for the major media types [Top Videos, Top Audio and Top Photo's] with underneath these categories/folders new folders called [Month, Year or all]. Underneath these categories/folders all the media type files of the [Month, Year or All] period should be present. The media files are not directly visable but are underneath a folder, the folder is in this structure [date|librarypath|filename]. The contents of the period folder (with all the files) should be sorted on date (name of the folder).
A example would be:
--Top [Video]
----Month
------[date|video-codec-genre-video folder|filename]
--------Actual normal video files

I think this feature could really help my wife, children, other users and me a lot to view the newest files added to there Library.

Thanks in advance for thinking about it and maybe building it :)
bobafet

Re: Request Top New Video, Music, Photo library

Postby taconaut » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:24 pm

Probably pms-mlx (linked in my sig) will make you happy
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby bobafet » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi taconaut,

Will look into that tonight.

Thank you for the quick response!
bobafet

Postby taconaut » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:30 pm

I should have mentioned the media library in pms-mlx has only been done for videos; audio and pictures will be added in due time. You should be able to do everything you want for videos and use the same way as in the original pms to show audio and pictures.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Return to Additions and Plugins