LibSpotify for Java

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Re: LibSpotify for Java

Postby jim_k » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Hey,

I have just added support for Track Cover Art (it has been uploaded to all the google code projects, and I have updated the pre-built JLibSpotify DLL that I published).

Sadly, I'm not having much success with shipping a prebuilt JAR plugin for non-developers to use.

The problem is that I'm having to hack the PMS codebase to get the underlying LibSpotify DLL to load ( as described earlier in this thread ).
Unable to load DLL 'libspotify': Invalid access to memory location.

The same problem is being seen in a C# LibSpotify wrapper (http://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topi ... libspotify) so it's clearly an issue with (use of) LibSpotify rather than PMS.

My current thinking is that it may be wisest to wait for Spotify to release the next version of the LibSpotify API, and see if the problem has been fixed.

If anyone has any brighter ideas, or has in-depth knowledge of what may be causing the DLL to cause these types of errors, then I would love to hear.

Jim
jim_k

Postby jim_k » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi again,

Just announcing some fixes for those that are downloading the source for the LibSpotify plugin.

These include memory leak and threading fixes, and they are uploaded to the google code projects - I now have several hours of stable playback running locally with a local build of the latest PMS source.

The java source is all up there, and I have published a new WIN32 build of JLibSpotify.dll.
http://code.google.com/p/jlibspotify/do ... potify.dll

Jim.
jim_k

Postby Danfozzy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:45 am

Any news on this pluggin for the end user? It's by far the best concept/idea for a spotify plugin that Ive come across! Can someone explain in steps what I am suppost to do to get this working?
Danfozzy

Postby damohtc » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Any further news on this plugin being available to the standard end user

Would be awesome to be able to view spotify playlist on my ps3
damohtc

Postby jim_k » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:52 pm

It is indeed awesome to play Spotify playlists on your PS3 :)

Sadly, there are some technical issues that require some minor changes to ps3mediaserver codebase to allow the Spotify plugin to work.

I updated the plugin a few weeks ago to work with the latest ps3mediaserver codebase, there's some information here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11912

Cheers
Jim.
jim_k

Postby damohtc » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks for replying Jim, unfortunately I have no coding skills whatsoever So looks like I'll have to miss out :-(
damohtc

Postby Meza » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:22 pm

This plugin would be absolutely fantastic, and very popular, if it were simple to install. Is there any chance of liaising with the PS3Mediaserver developer(s) in order to make it so?

I also have no chance of editing the codebase myself so looks like I'll be unable to use it at this stage. Shame as it looks so promising - much better than Jamcast or other audio-capture options.
Meza

Postby jim_k » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi again,

Apologies for being away from the forum for a while, I have been quite busy with work and other commitments for the past few months.

I'm very pleased to hear that people are using the plugin, and that more people would like to use it if it could be simplified.

Sadly, I can't give this project the time it needs to take it further. I think it really needs a PMS expert to figure out how to simplify the Spotify plugin now.

I know from private messages that Sharkhunter (a familiar and respected name on these forums) has done some fantastic work to simplify the plugin - I have suggested that he share the work here for the benefit of others.

As a reminder, a fundamental problem with producing a pre-prepared Spotify plugin is that PMS itself had to be modified to deal with the fact that the dynamically loaded Spotify PMS plugin would need to use dynamically loaded native DLLs. This would need to be addressed with the owners/caretakers of the PMS project itself.

Best Regards,
Jim
jim_k

Postby SharkHunter » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:54 am

Hi,

I don't know about the respected part but I might be known here :)

Anyway I'll need someone to test the stuff I made to simplify the plugin since I don't own a Spotify premium (which is mandatory). So anyone?

I'll make a new SHB version which will handle the pre-loaded DLL problem that will be the base of the testing...
SharkHunter

Postby coreyz » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Shark,

I have all the necessary stuff if you would like me to test. I also am running your latest build (2/20).
coreyz

PreviousNext

Return to Developers