ISO cover art support.

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

ISO cover art support.

Postby Egisto » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi everybody:

I'm trying to add to PS3MS support for ISO thumbnail. I am having a look to the source code but i can't find the class where PS3MS shows the file list with its covers.

Somebody could tell me wich is this class?

thanks.
Egisto

Re: ISO cover art support.

Postby taconaut » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 pm

It's the method DLNAResource.getThumbnailInputStream() that is being called in order to get the thumbnail. Override it in your implementation in order to change the thumbnail.
I'm not using any ISOs myself, but doesn't the checkbox 'DVD ISO Thumbnails' in the Navigation/Share Settings tab do what you want?
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Egisto » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Thank for your help.

The 'DVD ISO Thumbnails' option shows the cover once you open the ISO file, not in the general view like it does in avi or mkv files.

thanks, i'm going to try overriding the getThumbnailInputStream() method in the DVDISOFile class.
Egisto

Postby taconaut » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:12 pm

You're welcome. Be aware that you can't change thumbnails for folders on the ps3. Probably you can on other renderers!?
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Egisto » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:41 am

thanks, i didn't know that i can't change thumbnails for folders on the PS3.
Could you tell more about this? I'm using XBMC in a PC for testing but the final environment is PS3MS with a PS3.

thanks, again.
Egisto

Postby taconaut » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:47 pm

What more would you like to know?
As a folder (e.g. RealFile, DVDISOFile etc.) is also a DLNAResource, it has the possibility to override getThumbnailInputStream(). Then its up to the renderer to show it (or not..). I guess sony decided to always show the same icon for folders in order to see at one glance what is a file and what is a folder!?
I haven't got any experience with other renderers, but assume some will show the thumbnail for a folder if it has been set (correct me if I'm wrong ;))
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Egisto » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:34 am

Thank you very much.
Egisto

Return to Developers