ExSport wrote:What "features" this code adds that there are so many changes in code?
Quite hard to understand what exactly we can expect with your update, lightglitch.
With this update you have:
- All the virtual folders you want
- The virtual folders hierarchy you want
- Each virtual folder can not only contain other virtual folders but also can me mapped to several physical folders (containing all their files)
- Complete integration with the media library (useful because of cache)
- No problems with thumbnails because it behaves like a normal folder in the current version of PS3MS
- You can also define the folder thumbnail like in normal folder
In more technical way what I implemented was:
In current version of PS3MS exists the type RealFile
that represents a single physical file (folder is just a special file) and what I needed was a type
that represented several physical files, for this I created the type MapFile
After looking at the RealFile
code I realize that the type I wanted was a mixture of both. It was a VirtualFolder
but the code for handling the children was similar to the RealFile
(when this represents a folder).
After some copy and paste and some changes I created my MapFile
, after being done I realize the RealFile
was just a special case of the type created so I change the RealFile
to descend from MapFile
and removed all the duplicate code.
Hope it helps to understand the changes.