Fix A/V Sync code : Fix 23.976/25fps A/V Mismatch

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Re: Fix A/V Sync code : Fix 23.976/25fps A/V Mismatch

Postby fxandrei » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:27 pm

by the way. is there any way to "fix" the mkv files with mkvmerge?
i saw like they have some options on the video, audio and subs (like delay and timestrecching.).
i just saw a movie that did not get out of sync.
i used media info to see its details and i saw 23.xxx fps for the video, but could not find info about how many fps the sound has (like i saw pointed out in some threads).
how can ii this info? so that i can check if the a/v sync fix works or not.
fxandrei

Postby fxandrei » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:05 pm

i just saw a second mkv movie.. it was in sync as well.
i dont know what happened.. cuz i used this version before, and the movies got out of sync.
oh well. i will return if i have something to share.. and to frequently check whats goin on.
fxandrei

Postby lennie paz » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:58 pm

ExSport wrote:Changes made by ExSport on r385 build:
    - forced subs support (for both external and embedded subs)
    - additional info about subtitle track in transcode folder (for embedded subtitles with additional tag defined, e.g. "forced")
    - !!-- Fix 23.976/25fps A/V Mismatch --!! directly in #-TRANSCODE-# folder instead of in #-VIDEO SETTINGS-# only (fixes bad A/V synchro)
    - Added -mc 0.005 instead of -mc 0 -noskip which enables possibility to count with audio delay and realtime A/V synchronization
How to use it:
1. Install latest r381 or newer
2. copy update.jar next to pms.exe/pms.sh and pms.jar file(in installed directory)
3. restart PMS and reset Media Library if used (old database doesn't include new additional info about subtitles)

Prerequisites for "forced" subs support & displaying additional subtitles info:
You need latest FFmpeg version which supports Metadata (already included in latest Windows r381 build, don't know about other OS)

How to configure subtitles:
To define audio tag in external subtitle file use this example: moviename.en.srt or moviename.en-forced.srt

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/ExSport

When I put the update file in the installation folder, I keep getting Media Server Error on the PS3. If I remove the file from the installation folder, PMS works fine but obviously movies are still out of sync.
lennie paz

Previous

Return to Developers