Translation using transifex

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Translation using transifex

Postby aseques » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:08 am

Hi all,

My name is Joan, I just discovered this great software and the first thing I tried to improve was the translation. Theres a website called transifex that has free services for the opensource communities.
They do support the .properties files and allow you to translate them online, thus avoiding mistakes and allowing you many other features, such as don't having to worry for the language encoding and that stuff.
I just created a project called ps3mediaserver to allow the testing for the users, I've been trying it with catalan and it works really great.
You can see the link here: https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/ps3mediaserver/

NOTE: I'll be glad to give all the control to the admins of the project if they are interested on this
aseques

Re: Translation using transifex

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 am

I usually look at the Maven generated L10n Status page.
Less fancy but straight from the source.
Raptor399
Project Member

Re: Translation using transifex

Postby aseques » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:20 am

Both the page you posted L10n Status and the one in the translation thread Gussi's validator are ok to see the stats and verify strings, but neither of them allows for translation.

Since the character encoding done in the texts is quite complicated to edit and avoid mistakes (if they were utf it would be straightforward), transfixed would allow to translate the strings without worrying about that.

In any case for anyone wanting to use that and then attach the strings to the main thread feel free to join the page.
I'll write about being non-official too
aseques

Return to Developers